American Cruise Lines
American Star Review and Specifications
Specifications of American Star
|Year built||2007 / Age : 11|
|Builder||Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland USA)|
|Owner||American Cruise Lines Inc|
|Operator||American Cruise Lines|
|Speed||14 kn / 26 kph / 16 mph|
|Length (LOA)||66 m / 217 ft|
|Beam (width)||13 m / 43 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1973 gt|
|Passengers||94 - 100|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of American Star
Launched in 2007, American Star is one of American Cruise Lines ships, together with the paddlewheelers Queen of the West, American Pride, American Eagle and Queen of the Mississippi, as well as American Glory, American Spirit and Independence.
History - construction & ownership
American Cruise Lines (ACL) is a small cruise line with headquarters in Guilford, Connecticut, operational since 1991. The 1,600-ton, 100-passenger cruise ship American Star is US flagged, ACL owned and operated by US crew members. The vessel is compliant with Passenger Vessel Services Act. American Star was built by Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland, USA).
American Star small cruise ship entered service in June 2007. She is similar to ACL American Spirit and offers the same unique cruising style, hallmark of the company of American Cruise Lines. No matter where she goes to – charming small towns or gracious southern ports, American Star brings guests to spots of magnificent beauty and historic interest. Each passenger is able to unwind on board in the friendly atmosphere created by the American staff.
Cruise itinerary program
American Star has 4 passenger decks and accommodates 100 guests in 47 cabins, 26 of which featuring small private balconies. The staterooms have windows, interior entrances and private baths.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
MS American Star has one Dining Room that offers regional cuisine. Other options for a drink include Maindeck Lounge, Midship lounge and Chesapeake lounge.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
American Star clientele consists of well-traveled Americans. The onboard atmosphere is casual and friendly. Various port visits are offered every day. Due to its smaller size, American Star can visit the smallest ports during the shore excursions. Room service is available twice a day. Internet access and Wi-Fi are complimentary. Other amenities are the flat TVs, DVDs, individual climate control, free cocktails before dinner. American Star has a Library Lounge, putting green, sun shade.
American Star wiki
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 76 (of which 1 Suite, 27 Balcony rooms, 48 Oceanview, 0 Inside).
- Fitness, Library, Lifts (all decks), Lounges (4), Grand Dining Room (with open seating).
- Room-Service (twice daily), Internet, WiFi Access (complimentary), single cabins (5), satellite TV (flats & DVDs), individual climate control, desk, stationary, closet, 4-drawer dresser, American staff/crew, cuisine (regional and seasonal), free drinks before dinner, guest lecturers.
- Cabin sizes are up to 200 ft2 / 19 m2, (75% are with private balconies), with large picture windows and private bathrooms.
- Clientele - well-traveled older Americans, rarely college students, casual and friendly atmosphere, amazing itineraries to quaint destinations, port visits every day.
- This is a coastal passenger ship similar as design to the American Cruise Lines American Spirit ship.
- Because of their smaller sizes, most ACL ships can visit smallest ports featuring historic architecture, museums and amazing shore excursions.
- American Star offers small-ship travel vacations along the US East Coast and also river cruises in the USA.
- The list of itineraries and departure ports includes: 7-day "Historic South and Golden Isles" from Charleston SC and Jacksonville FL, 14-day "East Coast Inland Passage" from Florida (Jacksonville), 6-day "Chesapeake Bay" from Baltimore MD, 7-day "New England Islands" from Providence RI, 7-day Fall Foliage "Hudson River" cruises from NYC (New York).