Armorique ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Armorique ferry
|Year built||2009 / Age : 8|
|Builder||STX Europe Hietalahti shipyard (Helsinki, Finland)|
|Class||cruise ferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Plymouth-Roscoff|
|Building cost||EUR 120 million|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||168 m / 551 ft|
|Beam (width)||27 m / 89 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||29468 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of Armorique ferry
MV Armorique ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the French company BRITTANY FERRIES. The ship has max capacity of 1500 passengers and 470 cars. (or 65 freight vehicles) The vessel was launched in 2009 and currently operates on the UK-France ferry route Plymouth-Roscoff-Plymouth (crossing time 6 hours).
As cruiseferry, Armorique has a total of 248 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms.The ferry company provides bed linens, towels and toiletries. The ship additionally has 300 reclining seats. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
The ship's staterooms as categories (numbers) are 4-berth Outside "Club Plus" (8), 4-berth Outside "Club" (96), 4-berth Inside (42), 2-berth Inside (95), wheelchair-accessible (6). Also available are reserved lounge seats (336) and cots (15).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
As facilities, the Armorique ship offers:
- La Restaurant (self-service / buffet restaurant on deck 7, hot and cold meals)
- Le Cafe (on deck 6 - sandwiches, cakes, pastries, hot / cold drinks, flat TVs)
- 2 cinemas (both on on deck 6) - tickets can be purchased from Information Desk
- kids playroom (deck 7, part of Le Restaurant, children entertainment program is available during peak season)
- Games Planet (teen lounge on deck 6 - video games, air hockey table)
- Baby changing rooms (decks 6, 7), complimentary Baggage Room (deck 6)
- Chance Planet (deck 7, casino / gambling lounge with slot machines)
- Reading Lounge (deck 7)
- 2 Reserved Seating Lounges (deck 6, with reclining / Pullman seats)
- Le Bar (deck 7 - fine French wines, cocktails, cold / hot drinks, flat TVs)
- plenty of outdoor deck space
- Les Boutiques shops on deck 6 - gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, toys, confectionery, clothing, cameras, sunglasses, jewelry), shopping promotions
- free Wi-Fi, ATM / cash machine (deck 6, next to Information Desk / Reception)
- disabled toilets (decks 6, 7)
- The ship has 3 elevators (passenger lifts) accessing all decks.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators / passenger lifts is forbidden.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specificassistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (deck 6, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number / stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger loungesis forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Brittany Ferries (founded in 1972, headquartered in Roscoff France) is a French ferry company operating on the shipping routes France-UK and France-Spain. Brittany Ferries current fleet includes the ships Armorique, Baie de Seine, Barfleur, Bretagne, Cap Finistere, Etretat, Honfleur, Mont St Michel, Normandie, Pont Aven.