Arosa Mia Review and Specifications
Specifications of Arosa Mia
|Year built||2003 / Age : 14|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Germany)|
|Owner||A-ROSA Flussschiff GmbH|
|Length (LOA)||125 m / 410 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3550 gt|
|Passengers||100 - 245|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Arosa Mia
The Arosa Mia boat cruises on Danube River leaving from Austria and Germany. Also offered as specials are several Danube and Black Sea river cruises round-trip from Austria.
A-Rosa Mia belongs to the fleet of A-Rosa Cruises, with home port Rostock, Germany. She was launched on April 17, 2003. All included in prices are the gratuities, shore excursions, specialty beverages and cocktails. Sister ships are the A-Rosa named Donna, Riva and Bella. The Mia offers 100 outer cabins in 4 categories, featuring a juliette or panoramic balcony. Inside cabins you'll find simple, but elegant furnishings, air conditioning and television. The Mia ship features one restaurant, two bars, two lounges and biosauna, Finnish sauna, and resting area - plenty of space for relaxation, but also for well-being and fitness. On the Sun deck there is an outdoor pool, shuffleboard and putting green. Because of size restrictions concerning the Main-Danube Canal (max vessel width is 11, 4 m), Arosa Mia was delivered not via the traditional route “North Sea-Baltic Canal-Wadden Sea-Rhine”, but via the Black Sea. The river ship was loaded on pontoons and towed to Constanta, Romania. In August 2014, A-Rosa Mia hit a bridge while she was passing through Jochenstein Locks along the Danube (Passau district, Germany). Her wheelhouse was sheared off and Mia became inoperable. The 192 passengers onboard were required to disembark and some were transported to Passau, while others were transferred to A-Rosa Bella. The boat resumed sailings on August 25 after dock repairs in Linz, Austria.
A-Rosa Mia river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative A-Rosa cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Arosa Mia cruisetour deals (all-inclusive), influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
- "DANUBE CLASSICS" - 7-days river cruise from Passau to Budapest (round-trip, starting with the Vienna overnight stay). It visits Esztergom, Budapest (overnight stay), Bratislava, Krems, melk and Passau.
- "DANUBE HIGHLIGHTS" - 5-days round-trip cruise from Passau to Budapest, not stopping in Esztergom, Hungary. The shortest/cheapest Arosa deals are on 4-days "mini" offers on sailings from Passau to Austria alone.
The Arosa Mia itinerary program includes the following voyages leaving from Germany and Austria:
- 4-day (Danube cruise Germany to Austria) round-trip from Passau to Melk, Vienna (overnight), Durnstein, ending in Passau
- 5-day (Danube cruise Germany to Austria, Hungary, Slovakia) round-trip from Passau to Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Krems, Melk, ending in Passau
- 7-day (Danube cruise Germany to Austria, Slovakia, Hungary) round-trip from Passau to Durnstein, Bratislava, Budapest, Vienna (overnight), Melk, Linz, ending in Passau
- 3-day (Danube River cruise in Austria) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Wachau Valley, Vienna, Krems, Wachau Valley, Melk, ending in Engelhartszell
- 4-day (Danube cruise in Austria) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Wachau Valley, Vienna (overnight), Linz, ending in Engelhartszell
- 5-day (Danube cruise Austria and Slovakia) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Melk, Wachau Valley, Vienna (2 overnights), Bratislava, ending in Engelhartszell
- 5-day (Danube cruise Austria, Hungary, Slovakia) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Krems, Wachau Valley, Melk, ending in Engelhartszell
- 7-day (Danube cruise Austria and Hungary) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Budapest, Vienna (overnight), Wachau Valley, Vienna, Durnstein, Linz, ending in Engelhartszell
- 7-day (Danube cruise Austria, Hungary, Slovakia) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Vienna (overnight), Esztergom, Budapest (overnight), Bratislava, Krems, Wachau Valley, Melk, ending in Engelhartszell
- 16-day (Danube river cruise to Black Sea from Austria) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Vienna, Kalocsa, Mohacs, Belgrade, Rousse (overnight), Tulcea, Sulina, Giurgiu, Novi Sad, Mohacs, Budapest, Bratislava, Krems, Wachau Valley, Melk, ending in Engelhartszell
River cruise itinerary ports
Follows the list of Arosa Cruises itinerary ports of call and the visited countries by the Mia riverboat:
- Germany – Passau
- Austria – Vienna, Melk, Krems, Wachau Valley, Linz, Durnstein
- Hungary – Esztergom, Budapest, Kalocsa, Mohacs
- Slovakia – Bratislava
- Serbia - Belgrade, Novi Sad
- Bulgaria - Rousse
- Romania - Tulcea, Sulina, Giurgiu (to Bucharest)
ARosa Mia river cruise tours ashore are usually themed as "food and wine", culture and history excursions (visiting museums and architecture, old town touring and sightseeing), with optional sports and leisure activities.
Arosa Mia wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 100 (of which 48 French Balconies, 6 with Panoramic Windows, 46 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants, Lounges & Bars: Market Restaurant (main dining), Cafe Bar (casual, Afternoon tea), Mia Lounge & Bar (itinerary-based regional delicacies), Sun Deck (Mobile Bar & Grill, shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green), Mia Atrium.
- A-Rosa Mia cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, all tours /excursions (including on bicycles), ground transfers, live onboard entertainment (performances, lectures, food and wine tastings), 24-hour coffee/tea, alcohol (beer, wine, spirits), replenished daily bottled water.
- ARosa Mia cruises on Danube river. The vessel is in the same class with the A-Rosa cruise ships Bella, Donna and Riva. Each of these ships is equipped each with two MTU / Maybach marine diesel engines (model "16V 2000 M60") with total power output 1600 kW / 2170 HP. The ship's electrical system consists of three MAN diesel generators (model D2842 , output 380 kW each) and 1 emergency diesel generator (Deutz, power 37 kW). The ship's propulsion ("Schottel") includes 2 twin propellers (type "STP 550") and one Schottel Pump Jet (azimuth bow thruster, model "SPJ 57"). The wheelhouse/bridge and awnings can be lowered when passing under low bridges.
- Most popular onboard features are the distinct ship design, spa, 2 saunas, gym, shop, outdoor swimming pool. Highest category staterooms are "French Balcony" (no Suites on the Mia ship).
- The Mia ship offers complimentary bicycles on land tours and excursions in each of the visited ports.
- A-Rosa Mia was launched in 2003 on April 17. Due to its width of 14,4 m, the ship was not delivered via the usual route (North Sea-Baltic Canal-Wadden Sea-Rhine river). Because of the Main-Danube Canal's width restriction of 11, 4 m, the ship was loaded and transported on pontoons (towed via Black Sea) to Danube Delta (Constanta, Romania). Then the riverboat was unloaded and moved under her own power to Oltenita, Romania. The boat's transfer took a total of 22 days.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.