Arosa Viva Review and Specifications
Specifications of Arosa Viva
|Year built||2010 / Age : 7|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Germany)|
|Owner||A-ROSA Flussschiff GmbH|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Amanda Ammann|
Review of Arosa Viva
The Arosa Viva boat cruises on Rhine and Moselle rivers leaving from Koln (Cologne) Germany.
A-Rosa Viva cruise ship was built in Warnemünde, Germany, by Neptun Werft GmbH. She entered service in 2010 as the 2nd of three identical-class ships – together with Aqua and Brava. Just like her fleetmates, Viva offers all inclusive river cruise experience in European rivers' waters. Among the features all included in fares are the gratuities, shore excursions, roundtrip air, specialty beverages and cocktails.
A-Rosa Viva main restaurant is on Deck Three, adjacent to the Lounge, focusing on Mediterranan cuisine with continental European touch. The standouts on board are the massive spa, gym and salon. The Viva ship also has a sauna and a steam room, a whirlpool on deck 3, bicycles to use in port. Most of Arosa Viva accommodations (nearly 70%) have a French Balcony. There are no Suites on the boat. The so called "Juliet Balcony" staterooms feature 2 floor-ceiling doors that open inwards and offer outside views.
A-Rosa Viva river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative A-Rosa cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Arosa Viva cruisetour deals (all-inclusive), influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
- “RHINE NORTH" is a 7-days Belgium and Holland river cruise from Germany (Koln/Cologne round-trip). It visits Holland (Hoorn, Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Belgium (Ghent, Antwerp) and Holland again (Arnhem). The route is also operated as New Year's-themed (Cologne southbound) offering stops in Antwerp (overnight stay), Rotterdam and Amsterdam (overnight stay).
- The “RHINE SOUTH” route offers a 7-days France, Switzerland and Germany river cruise from Cologne. The round-trip visits Boppard, Strasbourg (overnight dock stay), Basel, Breisach, Mainz, Koblenz.
- Cologne cruise departure time is 5 pm (afternoon boarding), arrival in port is at 6 am.
The Arosa Viva itinerary program includes the following roundtrip voyages, all leaving from Cologne (Koln), Germany:
- 4-day (Rhine River cruise in Holland) round-trip from Cologne to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Nijmegen, ending in Cologne
- 4-day (Rhine cruise in Germany) round-trip from Cologne to Mannheim, Kehl (Strasbourg), Mainz, ending in Cologne
- 4-day (Rhine cruise in Germany) round-trip from Cologne to Worms, Mannheim, Kehl (Strasbourg), Mainz, ending in Cologne
- 4-day (Rhine cruise in Holland) round-trip from Cologne to Amsterdam, Rotterdam (overnight, Harbour cruising), Arnheim, ending in Cologne
- 4-day (Rhine cruise in Holland) round-trip from Cologne to Amsterdam, Rotterdam (overnight, Harbour cruising), Nijmegen, ending in Cologne
- 5-day (Rhine cruise in Germany) round-trip from Cologne to Koblenz, Loreley Rock (Passage), Mannheim, Speyer, Kehl (Strasbourg), Mainz, ending in Cologne
- 5-day (Rhine cruise in Germany) round-trip from Cologne to Koblenz, Mannheim, Speyer, Kehl (Strasbourg), Mainz, ending in Cologne
- 6-day (Rhine cruise to Belgium and Holland) round-trip from Cologne to Antwerp (overnight), Rotterdam, Amsterdam (overnight), ending in Cologne
- 6-day (Rhine cruise Belgium and Holland) round-trip from Cologne to Antwerp (overnight), Rotterdam (overnight, Harbour cruising), Amsterdam (overnight), ending in Cologne
- 7-day (Rhine cruise Germany, Holland, Belgium) round-trip from Cologne to Ijsselmeer (Lake Yssel passage), Hoorn, Amsterdam, Rotterdam (overnight, Harbour cruising), Gent, Terneuzen, Scheldt (Schelde river cruising), Antwerp, Arnheim, ending in Cologne
- 7-day (Rhine cruise Germany and Switzerland) round-trip from Cologne to Boppard, Loreley Rock (Passage), Kehl (Strasbourg overnight), Basel, Breisach, Mainz, Loreley Rock (Passage), Koblenz, ending in Cologne
Arosa Viva itinerary ports
The list of visited countries and ports along the Viva ship's sailing routes includes:
- The Netherlands /Holland (Amsterdam, Arnhem, Terneuzen, Nijmegen, Rotterdam, Hoorn, Ijsselmeer (Lake Yssel)
- Belgium (Antwerp/Antwerpen, Ghent/Gent)
- Switzerland (Basel)
- France (Kehl /to Strasbourg)
- Germany (Koln/Cologne, Boppard, Breisach, Koblenz, Mainz, Mannheim, Dusseldorf, Worms, Loreley/passage, Kehl, Speyer).
ARosa Viva river cruise tours ashore are usually themed as "food and wine", culture and history excursions (visiting museums and architecture, old towns touring and sightseeing), with sports and leisure activities.
Arosa Viva wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 99 (of which 70 French Balconies, 29 with non-opening windows).
- Restaurants, Lounges & Bars: Market Restaurant (main dining), Cafe Restaurant (casual, Afternoon tea), Wine Bar (itinerary-based regional delicacies), Viva Lounge & Bar, Sun Deck (Mobile Bar & Grill, shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green), Viva Atrium (lobby).
- A-Rosa Viva cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, all tours /excursions (including on bicycles), ground transfers, live onboard entertainment (local performers, enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings), 24-hour coffee/tea, alcohol (beer, wine, spirits), replenished daily bottled water.
- The ARosa Viva river ship is in the same vessel-class with ARosa Aqua and Brava ships. Each of them has installed energy-efficient four "Volvo Penta" diesel engines (model "D12-450MH", total power 1320 kW / 1800 HP). Each vessel is also equipped with 2 auxiliary diesel generators and 1 diesel generator for operations in port. Propulsion is by "Schottel" - 1 bow thruster type "SPJ 82", and 4 rudder propellers type "STP 200" /twin propellers). The boat's wheelhouse/bridge and the top deck's awnings can be lowered when passing under low bridges.
- Prominent features are the indoor spa, sauna, gym, and an outdoor whirlpool. Highest category staterooms are "French Balcony". There are no Suites on the Viva ship.
- The Viva ship offers complimentary bicycles on land tours and excursions in each of the visited ports.
- A-Rosa Viva was launched in 2010 on March 26. The ship was christened in Basel (Switzerland) by Mrs Amanda Ammann - "Miss Switzerland 2007" contest winner. In the week before the naming ceremony, the vessel was navigated on its own power through the North Sea-Baltic Canal from Rostock to Cologne (Koln-Deutz port), where the last equipment of the boat was installed. During the March 2010 transfer passage, the ship was protected with wood paneling.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.