Avalon Imagery II Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Imagery II
|Builder||Den Breejen BV (Holland)|
|Owner||Group Voyagers Inc|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 130|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Judy Bailey|
Review of Avalon Imagery II
The Avalon Imagery II boat cruises on Rhine River, departing from Amsterdam and Basel (Zurich).
Avalon Imagery II cruise ship is the next Avalon Waterways exciting Suite Ship introduced in 2016. Avalon Imagery II cruise ship provides the best way to see Europe and its most scenic rivers - Rhine, Main and Danube - from the comfort of this small river ship, where guests unpack once only and spend the rest of time enjoying architecture, diverse culture, amazing sights and sumptuous cuisine, available only in Europe's historic cities. Experience the ms Avalon Imagery II innovative attributes and amenities - the panoramic Sky Deck, bar, lounge and fitness center. This magnificent river boat features the largest staterooms on European rivers today. Her rooms have premium bedding, large private bathrooms with full shower, well-stocked minibars, nightly turn-down service, Wi-Fi complimentary access, and much more. Avalon Imagery II was created with passengers' comfort in mind as the Silent Drive System separates all ship's engines from guests, thus providing a more enjoyable and quieter river cruise experience.
Avalon Imagery 2 river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Imagery 2 cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
The list of the Avalon Imagery II itineraries as themes (officially announced by the Avalon Waterways lines) includes:
- Note: In brackets is the cruise itinerary code for booking.
- 7-night "Romantic Rhine" cruise – from Amsterdam to Basel (Southbound, code WAZ) and from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZA).
- On WAZ, embarkation is in Amsterdam, with Day 2 offering Amsterdam canal cruise on Avalon Imagery 2 boat. Day 3 is for Cologne (2 options - guided city walk tour or Jewish Heritage themed walk tour). Day 4 is for Koblenz, Rhine Gorge cruising and Rudesheim (Koblenz guided sightseeing tour, and the Rudesheim's Musical Instrument Museum). Day 5 is Mainz. (coach travel excursion to Heidelberg (guided walk tour, Gutenberg Museum, Heidelberg; castle, Great Vat). Day 6 is for Strasbourg (guided sightseeing tour, La Petite France district, cathedral; woodcarving demonstration on the Imagery 2 ship). Day 7 is for Breisach (Black Forest excursion - visiting the outdoor museum or local woodcarving workshop). Day 8 is for the Basel disembarkation, with optional bus travel to Zurich (hotel packages are also optional).
- On WZA, embarkation is in Basel (bus travel transfer from Zurich is included, with optional hotel package offered).
Avalon Imagery II wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 6
- Total number of cabins: 65 (of which 2 Royal Suite, 51 Panorama Suite, 12 with non-opening windows).
- Restaurants: Imagery (dining room), Panorama Bistro, Sky Bistro (al-fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Panorama Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Imagery Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bar, Sky Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, deck games area).
- Avalon Imagery II cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), port taxes, flights, motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Imagery 2 cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
- The Avalon Imagery II ship is the 4th vessel in the line's "Suite Ships" class. With this unique river cruise ship design are also the Avalon Waterways ships Artistry 2, Expression, Illumination, Impression, Panorama, Passion, Poetry 2, Tapestry 2, Tranquility 2, Visionary and Vista. The list of its best features includes: 2 full decks of spacious Suite accommodations (each with wall-to-wall sliding windows and French Balcony) and large and diverse public venues all with full panorama views.
- MS Avalon Imagery is a beautifully designed, modern and quite big river cruise boat. The ship is marked by the Avalon's new revolutionary engineering concepts of the Silent Drive System and the latest marine navigation technologies. The boat's clientele is mostly of German and English speaking guests (55+ age
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, mini bar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- 2 Royal Suites (R) - deck 4, size 300 ft2 / 28 m2.
- Panorama Suites - P (deck 4, x25), A (deck 3, x17) and B (deck 3, x8) - size 200 ft2 / 18,6 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - D (6), E (6) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Avalon Imagery II related cruise news
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Imagery II Itineraries 2017
The below listed Avalon Imagery II cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Avalon Waterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|29 Oct||Departing from Amsterdam, Holland|
|29 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Amsterdam, Holland|
|30 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Cologne, Germany|
|31 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Koblenz, Germany|
|31 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Rhine Gorge, Germany|
|31 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Rudesheim, Germany|
|01 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Mainz, Germany|
|02 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Strasbourg, France|
|03 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Breisach am Rhein, Germany|
|04 Nov||Arriving in Basel, Switzerland|