Avalon Luminary Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Luminary
|Builder||Den Breejen BV (Holland)|
|Owner||Group Voyagers Inc|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 138|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Kristi Jones|
Review of Avalon Luminary
The Avalon Luminary boat cruises Moselle, Danube, Main and Rhine Rivers departing from Amsterdam, Vienna, Prague, Bucharest, Nurnberg, Istanbul and Budapest. The ship also offers flight-inclusive Black Sea river cruises with departures from Amsterdam, Vienna and Istanbul.
Avalon Luminary cruise ship is one of the best ways to experience the fascinating culture and extensive history of the oldest cities in Europe along its most magnificent rivers. Launched in 2010, the Luminary ship has a maximum capacity of just 138 guests. Unpack only once and spend your time enjoying European river routes. The Avalon ship Luminary provides highly personalized experience, contemporary décor, spacious staterooms and suites, popular onboard amenities, like the large Sky Deck featuring the Sky Bistro and a whirlpool, bar and lounge serving premium spirits, free Wi-Fi throughout and complimentary Internet Corner, fitness center with modern equipment and hair salon.
Avalon Luminary river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Luminary cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Luminary itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (22-nights cruising) "North Sea–Black Sea Cruise" are 24-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WA), and the reverse from Bucharest to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WOA). The Eastbound route is also operated as 26-days cruise from Amsterdam to Istanbul (code WOAE), with a 2-night luxury Istanbul hotel package included in the Avalon deals.
- (13-nights cruising) "Grand Danube Cruise" are 18-days river cruises from Prague to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WNO), and the reverse from Bucharest to Prague (Westbound, code WON). Other booking options are with added Bucharest luxury hotel package (Westbound code WONE, Eastbound code WNOE) and the "Cruising-Only" deals from Nuremberg to Bucharest (code WONO).
- (10-nights cruising) "Blue Danube to the Black Sea" are 14-days river cruises from Bucharest to Vienna (Westbound, code WOV), and the reverse from Vienna to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WVO). There are also 16-days deals on cruises from Istanbul to Vienna (Westbound code WOVE) and from Vienna to Istanbul (Eastbound code WVOE), with a 3-night Istanbul luxury hotel package included in the fares. "Cruising-Only" deals are without the Bucharest-Vienna hotel packages (code WOVO).
- (7-nights cruising) "The Blue Danube Discovery" are 13-days river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation, Westbound, code WBN). The reverse route is themed "The Legendary Danube": (7-days sailing) 11-days river cruises from Prague to Budapest (Eastbound, code WNB, Nuremberg embarkation).
- (6-nights cruising) "Balkan Discovery" are 10-days river cruises from Budapest to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WBO), and the reverse from Bucharest to Budapest (Eastbound, code WOB). Other booking options are with added Bucharest luxury hotel package (Westbound code WOBE, Eastbound code WBOE) and the "Cruising-Only" deals (code WOBO, non-inclusive of Bucharest-Budapest hotel packages).
- (12-nights cruising) "European Splendor" are 13-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Vienna (Eastbound, code WAV), and the reverse from Vienna to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WVA).
Avalon Luminary wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 65 (of which 28 Avalon Suite, 30 French Balcony, 11 with non-opening windows).
- Restaurants: Luminary (dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Luminary Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge, Whirlpool, shaded seating, game area).
- Avalon Luminary cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all Rhine cruise tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Afternoon Tea, Night Fare, Luminary cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
- The Avalon Luminary boat is in the same vessel class with the Avalon river cruise ships Affinity and Felicity, and also with Creativity and Scenery. On each of them, almost half of all staterooms are "French Balcony" categories, and over 1/3 are Suites (French Balcony plus a large panoramic window).
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, mini bar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- Suites - 4x "Avalon Suites" (JR) - deck 3, size 258 ft2 / 24 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - P (x24, deck 3), A (x18, deck 2), B (x12, deck 2), E (x11, deck 1) - sizes 172 ft2 / 16 m2.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Luminary Itineraries 2017
The below listed Avalon Luminary cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Avalon Waterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|03 Apr||Departing from Haarlem, Holland|
|04 Apr||Hoorn, Holland|
|04 Apr||Enkhuizen, Holland|
|05 Apr||Enkhuizen, Holland|
|06 Apr||Lelystad, Holland|
|06 Apr - 07 Apr||Kampen, Holland (Overnight)|
|07 Apr||Rhine River|
|07 Apr||Arnhem, Holland|
|08 Apr||Rotterdam, Holland|
|09 Apr||Amsterdam, Holland|
|10 Apr||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland|
|24 Apr||Departing from Haarlem, Holland|
|25 Apr||Hoorn, Holland|
|25 Apr||Enkhuizen, Holland|
|26 Apr||Enkhuizen, Holland|
|27 Apr||Lelystad, Holland|
|27 Apr - 28 Apr||Kampen, Holland (Overnight)|
|28 Apr||Rhine River|
|28 Apr||Arnhem, Holland|
|29 Apr||Rotterdam, Holland|
|30 Apr||Amsterdam, Holland|
|01 May||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland|
|01 May||Departing from Haarlem, Holland|
|02 May||Hoorn, Holland|
|02 May||Enkhuizen, Holland|
|03 May||Enkhuizen, Holland|
|04 May||Lelystad, Holland|
|04 May - 05 May||Kampen, Holland (Overnight)|
|05 May||Rhine River|
|05 May||Arnhem, Holland|
|06 May||Rotterdam, Holland|
|07 May||Amsterdam, Holland|
|08 May||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland|
|15 May||Departing from Haarlem, Holland|
|16 May||Hoorn, Holland|
|16 May||Enkhuizen, Holland|
|17 May||Enkhuizen, Holland|
|18 May||Lelystad, Holland|
|18 May - 19 May||Kampen, Holland (Overnight)|
|19 May||Rhine River|
|19 May||Arnhem, Holland|
|20 May||Rotterdam, Holland|
|21 May||Amsterdam, Holland|
|22 May||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland|
|09 Jul||Departing from Linz, Austria|
|10 Jul||Danube River|
|10 Jul||Linz, Austria|
|11 Jul||Danube River|
|11 Jul||Danube River|
|12 Jul||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|12 Jul - 13 Jul||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|13 Jul - 14 Jul||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|14 Jul||Vienna, Austria|
|15 Jul||Visegrad, Hungary|
|16 Jul||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary|
|31 Jul||Departing from Budapest, Hungary|
|01 Aug||Danube River|
|01 Aug - 02 Aug||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|02 Aug||Vienna, Austria|
|03 Aug||Durnstein, Austria|
|03 Aug||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|03 Aug||Melk, Austria|
|04 Aug||Passau, Germany|
|05 Aug||Regensburg, Germany|
|06 Aug||Roth, Germany|
|07 Aug||Arriving in Nuremberg, Germany|
|28 Aug||Departing from Budapest, Hungary|
|29 Aug||Danube River|
|29 Aug - 30 Aug||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|30 Aug||Vienna, Austria|
|31 Aug||Durnstein, Austria|
|31 Aug||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|31 Aug||Melk, Austria|
|01 Sep||Passau, Germany|
|02 Sep||Regensburg, Germany|
|03 Sep||Roth, Germany|
|04 Sep||Arriving in Nuremberg, Germany|
|18 Sep||Departing from Linz, Austria|
|19 Sep||Danube River|
|19 Sep||Linz, Austria|
|20 Sep||Danube River|
|20 Sep||Danube River|
|21 Sep||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|21 Sep - 22 Sep||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|22 Sep - 23 Sep||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|23 Sep||Vienna, Austria|
|24 Sep||Visegrad, Hungary|
|25 Sep||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary|
|17 Oct||Departing from Linz, Austria|
|18 Oct||Danube River|
|18 Oct||Linz, Austria|
|19 Oct||Danube River|
|19 Oct||Danube River|
|20 Oct||Wachau Valley, Austria|
|20 Oct - 21 Oct||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|21 Oct - 22 Oct||Vienna, Austria (Overnight)|
|22 Oct||Vienna, Austria|
|23 Oct||Visegrad, Hungary|
|24 Oct||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary|