Avalon Scenery Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Scenery
|Flag state||United Kingdom|
|Builder||Den Breejen BV (Holland)|
|Owner||Blue Ships 1 Renditefonds GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||70 - 138|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Avalon Scenery
The Avalon Scenery boat cruises on Rhone and Saone Rivers departing from Cote dAzur, Arles and Chalon-sur-Saone. There are also combined itineraries with a second ship departing from Paris, France.
Avalon Scenery cruise ship is the river boat to choose when you long for 5-star service, the best chef-inspired recipes and complimentary wines. Only 138 passengers can be accommodated on board in an elegantly designed setting. The Scenery ship offers deluxe suites, most of which with French balconies and floor-to-ceiling glass doors. Avalon Waterways Scenery ship amenities can further enhance your river cruise experience, including a bar and three lounges, free Wi-Fi access and complimentary Internet Corner, Sky Deck with Sky Bistro and a whirlpool, hair salon, Fitness Center and elevator.
Avalon Scenery river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Scenery cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Scenery itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (7-nights cruising) "Burgundy and Provence" are 11-days river cruises from Paris to Cote d’Azur (Southbound, code WCL), and the reverse from Cote d’Azur to Paris (Northbound, code WLC). Itineraries include TGV train (high-speed train) travel Paris-Dijon, embarkation on the Scenery ship in Chalon (transfer from Beaune) or Arles (transfer from Cote d’Azur), and also Burgundy wine cruise tours included in the Avalon Waterways tickets prices.
- (Two ships, 14-nights cruising) "Grand France" are 16-days Seine, Saone and Rhone river cruises from Paris to Cote d’Azur (Southbound, code WPL), and the reverse from Cote d’Azur to Paris (Northbound, code WLP). These are back-to-back river cruise deals combining the Scenery's Saone and Rhone cruise with the "Paris to Normandy's Landing Beaches" itinerary route operated by the new Avalon Tapestry 2 ship. These Avalon Waterways deals offer embarkation and disembarkation in Paris, Chalon and Arles, with included TGV train travel Paris-Dijon or the reverse Dijon-Paris.
Avalon Scenery wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 70 (of which 2 Avalon Suite, 57 French Balcony, 11 with non-opening windows).
- Restaurants: Scenery (dining room), Sky Bistro (al-fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Scenery Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, games area).
- Avalon Scenery cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Scenery cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
- The Avalon Scenery boat is in the same vessel class with the Avalon ships Affinity, Creativity, Felicity and Luminary. Scenery is currently the oldest ship in the operated by Avalon Waterways fleet. Still, the boat offers first-class amenities and cuisine, featuring two full decks with floor-to-ceiling panorama windows. Each of these ships is equipped with two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (type "C32 ACERT", total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP). The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with an azimuth thruster and an SDS ("Silent Drive System" separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
- Scenery's cabin types selection features mostly "French Balcony" staterooms, including the two signature Avalon Suite accommodations (also with French Balcony, plus a seating area).
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, mini bar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- Suites - (x4, JR), size 258 ft2 / 24 m2)
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - P (x24), A (x18), B (x12), E (11) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.