Carnival Ecstasy Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Ecstasy
|Builder||Kvaerner Masa (Rauma, STX Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 320 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||262 m / 860 ft|
|Beam (width)||31 m / 102 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||70526 gt|
|Passengers||2056 - 2467|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Christened by||Kathy L. Gifford|
Review of Carnival Ecstasy
Launched in 1991, Carnival Ecstasy is the second of Carnival's eight Fantasy-class ships, together with Sensation, Fascination and the “no balcony ships” Fantasy, Elation, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise. Carnival Ecstasy next scheduled refurbishment is in January 2017.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 70,500-ton, 2,052-passenger cruise ship Carnival Ecstasy cost US$315 million to build. The ship is “original classic” with amenities such as LCD TVs and Internet cafes. Ecstasy offers a lot of dining places and nightclubs, casino and duty-free shops. However, when compared with modern mega-ships, Carnival Ecstasy is relatively small. The ship has only one pool, and has not received many of the newer Fun Ship 2.0 amenities. Right after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the Ecstasy ship received new kids' facilities, Lido restaurant, mini golf course, Panorama Bar & Grill refit and newly furnished guest rooms. In 2009 the line added ”Serenity” adult-only deck, ”Camp Carnival” and ”Circle C Lounge”.
Cruise itinerary program
The current Carnival Ecstasy itinerary program is based on 3- and 4-day short cruises from Miami, Florida to Bahamas and Western Caribbean. Feature port destinations include Nassau, Cozumel and Key West. Starting February 2016 Ecstasy offers 4-5-7-night itineraries sailing out of Charleston SC to the Bahamas, Bermuda, Grand Turk and Amber Cove (Dominican Republic).
Most Carnival Ecstasy staterooms are 185-sq.foot insides (408), oceanview (466) and balcony (98, with verandas of 35 sq.feet). Ecstasy also has 25 wheelchair accessible cabins. The number of ship's cabin categories is 26. Ecstasy's Grand Suites are the largest cabins onboard (330 sq.feet) and can accommodate up to five passengers. They feature sitting areas and spacious bathrooms with whirlpool bathtubs and separate shower. Suite guests benefit from VIP check-in.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Carnival Ecstasy does not offer alternative dining, so every meal onboard the ship is served in one of the two MDRs or the Lido buffet. Passengers can thus avoid the nickel-and-diming, equated with newer and larger ships, but you might wish for more variety. However, excellent service is one of the bright spots: bar servers are close by throughout the ship. Waiters will remember your name and even your preferences from the first meal, so your decaffeinated coffee will be delivered to you with no need to ask for.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Ecstasy restaurants and food bars.
- Wind Star Restaurant (650-seat, forward Main Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings, or “Your Time Dining”)
- Wind Song Restaurant (658-seat, aft Main Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings; offers themed breakfasts - “Seuss At Sea”, for $5 cover charge).
- Panorama Lido Buffet Restaurant (722-seat, complimentary self-service restaurant with various food stations; operates as bistro in the evenings).
- Sushi Bar (complimentary).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The first impression that cruisers receive onboard the Ecstasy, is ship's grand atrium, which bright lights remind them of the big city - the vessel features the New York City theme which runs throughout the public rooms. If cruisers look for a lively, active sailing with lots of nightlife, this ship is exactly for them. Ecstasy appeals to the young-at-heart of all ages who prefer a more spirited vacation. Carnival Ecstasy offers great fun for children with a range of supervised activities for the little ones. Adults also benefit from a lot of night bars and a casino. The Serenity Adult Only Retreat is an exciting relaxation spa. There is also a mini-golf course onboard. Rolls Royce is a new coffee shop offering a diversity of designer coffees and milkshakes with amazing prices in the range of 2.50 dollars and 4 dollars per piece. There is also a late afternoon sushi bar and a totally new photo gallery which winds around the Atrium.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Ecstasy lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Ecstasy Grand Atrium Plaza (7-deck high midship open area served by Grand Plaza Lobby Bar)
- Internet Cafe (24-hour Internet computers room)
- Art Gallery; Photo Gallery & Shop; Formalities Shop (tuxedo rentals, special occasion gifts); The Fun Shops (offer “Bon Voyage” store menu, souvenirs, watches, jewelry, logo merchandise, duty-free liquor, fashion boutiques)
- Blue Sapphire Theatre (1300-seat, 2-level main show lounge)
- Circle C (kids' complimentary club lounge with movies, video games, parties, planned activities)
- The Neon Bar (92-seat piano bar); The Rolls Royce Cafe (58-seat); China Town Lounge & Bar (109-seat, with dance floor and karaoke); Society Bar (92-seat cigar bar with piano)
- The Explorer’s Club Library (43-seat; offres board games)
- 24-hour Video Games Arcade; Club O2 teens' lounge for movies, karaoke, parties
- Crystal Palace Casino (450-seat, served by Metropolis Bar)
- City Lights Boulevard Promenade & Bar (230-seat), Jewelry Shop
- Stripes Disco & Nightclub (capacity 230 seats Dance Club with own bar, DJ program)
- Starlight Lounge & Bar (540-seat, with dance floor and stage for live performances - Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch shows)
- Serenity (adults only relaxation area with padded lounges, hammocks and two Whirlpools).
- Ecstasy Lido Pool area; Carnival WaterWorks Aqua Park (features the 4-deck high Twister Waterslide, two racing waterslides, fountains, jets, splash pool, kids area)
- Camp Carnival (kids' club lounge with complimentary programmeand play area)
- Spa Carnival (Spa & Fitness complex with Relaxation Room, Steam Rooms, Saunas, Massage Rooms, Beauty Salon, Gymnasium with Aerobics Studio)
- Basketball/Volleyball Court, Jogging Track, Tennis Tables, 9-hole Mini Golf Course, Shuffleboard.
Carnival Ecstasy wiki
- Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade in 2015
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Passenger decks: 10
- Cabin grades number: 26
- Total number of cabins: 1026 (of which 54 Suites, 98 Balcony rooms)
- Dining Rooms: Wind Star, Wind Song
- Restaurants and food bars: Panorama (buffet), Mongolian Wok (Chinese), Sushi.
- Lounges & Bars: Blue Sapphire, China Town, Starlight, Stripes (nightclub), Metropolis, Rolls Royce Cafe, Society, Neon, City Lights Boulevard, poolside bars.
- Serenity retreat area, Spa Carnival, 6 jacuzzis, 3 pools, Ecstasy Water Park "WaterWorks" with Twister waterslide.
- The Carnival cruise ship Ecstasy is the line's 2nd oldest vessel of the Fantasy-class. Her sisters are the Carnival ships Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, Sensation.
- In 2005, after Hurricane Katrina she spent 6 months in New Orleans LA accommodating evacuees and relief workers.
- Carnival Cruise Lines made some upgrades to their Ecstasy cruise ship as a part of their "Evolution of Fun" ("Fun Ship 1.0") program. The first was done after the Hurricane Katrina and included some new children facilities, renewing of the Panorama Bar&Grill, the Lido deck restaurant and the gift shop. All of the Ecstasy's staterooms were newly furnished and on the sport deck was built a mini golf course. The full "Evolution of Fun" was done in 2009. Then the Ecstasy received the adult-only decks "Serenity", 98 balconies were added and the aft lounge was renewed. The amusement for kids was upgraded with the "Circle C" Lounge for passengers between 12- and 14-years-old, "Camp Carnival" and a children' waterpark.
- (July 20, 1998 accident) - a fire in the main laundry room spread to cause the ship to loose its propulsion power, resulting in steering and drifting - 14 crewmembers and 8 guests suffered minor injuries, losses exceeded US$17 mill
Carnival Ecstasy related cruise news
The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) have airlifted a 71-year-old female cruise passenger suffering breathing problems from Bahamas-bound ship about 20...January 10, 2017
Carnival Ecstasy, which is based in Charleston and all other cruise vessels sailing under Carnival Corp.'s 8 brands will be under stringent...December 13, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line adds 3 more cruises to its list of Carnival Journeys – longer sailings that feature special themed activities and...September 18, 2016
The Coast Guard suspended the search for a woman from New York who went overboard from Carnival Ecstasy in the waters off Bahamas. 32-year-old Rina...September 9, 2016
A federal grand jury handed down an indictment against a man who was accused of assaulting another person on Carnival Ecstasy. Timothy Dean Hill is...August 12, 2016
For a number of months, Carnival Cruis Line has been testing a pilot program allowing passengers to customize cabin service experience on four ships...October 25, 2015
Carnival Cruise Line will offer its guests various opportunities to visit Bermuda in 2016. The island paradise is one of the most popular cruise...September 1, 2015
After initially adding less expensive packages and faster Internet speeds on three of its vessels, Carnival Cruise Line made the offerings...June 20, 2015
Following the announcement that for most of 2016 Carnival Victory would be sailing from Port Canaveral, Carnival revealed two more ships also...April 29, 2015
In a statement yesterday (March 11), Carnival Cruise Lines announced that a missing 21-year-old male passenger was believed to have fallen...March 12, 2015
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Ecstasy Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Ecstasy cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|05 Nov||Departing from Charleston, South Carolina|
|08 Nov 11:00 - 19:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|09 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|10 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Tortola Island, Road Town, BVI|
|11 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|12 Nov 09:00 - 17:00||Amber Cove, Dominican Republic|
|15 Nov||Arriving in Charleston, South Carolina|
Carnival Ecstasy Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Ecstasy cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.