Carnival Freedom Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Freedom
|Builder||FINCANTIERI TRIESTE ITALY|
|Year of built||2007|
|Gross Tonnage||110320 gt|
|Passengers||2984 - 3581|
|Decks with cabins||8|
Review of Carnival Freedom
Launched in 2007, Carnival Freedom is the last in a series of five Carnival Conquest-class cruise ships, together with Conquest, Glory, Valor and Liberty. Carnival Freedom was last refurbished in 2014.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 110,320-ton, 2,974-passenger cruise ship Carnival Freedom was last refurbished in 2014 for a total of USD 70 million. Freedom's main architecture is a standard sandwich with most public rooms on Decks three through five; most fitness, spa and casual dining rooms on Deck 9 and above; and most cruisers cabins in among or below the public room decks. This main design has been a pattern for Carnival new-build construction since the introduction of Carnival Destiny in 1996. There have been made few changes and enhancements in attributes and conveniences since the class was pushed in 2002, most especially the addition of the Seaside Theater, a huge outdoor screen swimming poolside on the Lido Deck (now on nearly every Carnival vessel), but Carnival Freedom suffers from the same cruisers-flow bugaboos as do the others in the class. Here is a simple example, it is impossible to get from the Posh Dining Room at the aft end of the cruise liner to the Victoriana Lounge (basic showroom) all the way forward with no having to climb or descend 1 or 2 decks, and even then one has to pass either through the other dining room or the cigar bar.
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Freedom itinerary program is based on departures from Galveston TX with 7-day roundtrip cruises to Eastern and Western Caribbean. Feature port destinations include Nassau, Key West, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan.
Carnival Freedom has no family cabins, but offers several connecting rooms in a variety of categories. The ship offers 29 accessible cabins in all cabin categories. Most Carnival Conquest staterooms are 185-220-sq.foot insides (577), oceanview (340) and balcony (527, with verandas of 52-75 sq.feet). There are also a total of 54 suites, measuring between 275-500 sq.feet. The three types of suites are Captain's Suites, Grand Suites and Ocean Suites. Suite passengers receive priority embarkation and debarkation, VIP check-in, and a deluxe bathroom.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Two formal restaurants onboard Carnival Freedom serve open seating breakfast and lunch. Dinner is served in an open seating option or two assigned seatings. The casual Lido buffet offers a number of food stations with a variety of choices, including a salad bar, deli, dessert station, daily regional cuisines. The ship also boasts an upscale supper club which assesses a cover charge and requires reservations. You'll also find outdoor poolside grills, specialty coffee bar, complimentary sushi bar, pizzeria and 24-hour room service that provides a limited selection of items.
Onboard dining has remained mainly free of charge onboard Carnival Freedom. Apart from the main dining room and the buffet, there are burritos and burgers with enough toppings to experience something different every day of your voyage. Even the buffet themed counters seem like tiny, specialized eateries.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Freedom restaurants and food bars.
- Chic Restaurant (744-seat forward Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings and “Your Time Dining”; offers “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfast for $5)
- The Posh Restaurant (1122-seat aft Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings and open seating for Breakfast and Lunch)
- Freedom Lido Buffet Restaurant (1396-seat, self service buffet restaurant with various food stations; operates as bistro in the evenings)
- Sun King Steakhouse (108-seat, reservations only specialty restaurant for steaks and seafood, with dance floor and live music)
- Meiji Sushi (sushi bar, complimentary)
- Bluelguana Cantina (complimentary fast food Mexican bar - burritos, tacos)
- Guy’s Burger Joint (complimentary fast food bar by Guy Fieri).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
In 2012 Conquest-class ships first received the newly branded Carnival bars and comedy club. Deck parties are a staple highlighted by new musical performances and poolside bars. Carnival Freedom boasts 22 bars and lounges, giant disco, as well as a piano bar, sports bar, wood paneled lounge with leather chairs and smoking section. The three-level theater is the special venue for Vegas-style productions accompanied by live orchestras.
Freedom is the first Carnival ship with Camp Ocean, which replaced Camp Carnival as children's program. Carnival Freedom is also the first ship to feature Bookville, a play space and reading room that anchors Seuss at Sea onboard experience. She's also the first ship to boast 4 full PlayList Productions shows at 30 minutes each, rotating throughout the cruise. A number of other Carnival branded experiences enhance onboard life. EA Sports Bar offers action on every wall with video games of sports games, sports games and sports memorabilia. "Hasbro, the Game Show" plays the board games everyone knows out on the stage together with members of the audience. Apart from the "commercial breaks" showcasing Hasbro advertisements, action is infectious.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Freedom lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Victoriana Theatre (1400-seat, 3-level show lounge for grand shows and musical productions; also used for daily trivia game shows, movies, bingo sessions).
- Freedom Atrium The Millennium Lobby (9-deck high open floor area with Millennium Lobby Bar for live performances)
- Chic Card Room; Art Room Gallery; The Dynasty Conference Room
- The Fun Shops (offer “Bon Voyage” items, duty-free liquor, jewelry, fashion boutiques, souvenirs, logo items)
- Cherry on Top (candy shop)
- Club O2 (teens' club lounge for video games, movies, karaoke and themed parties)
- Players’ Bar (55-seat sports bar); Nouveau Bar (30-seat wine bar); Alchemy Bar; Scott’s Bar (100-seat piano bar); Swingtime Bar (88-seat jazz bar); Habana Bar (147-seat cigar bar with live music and a faux fireplace)
- Babylon Casino (484-seat, served by Centuries Bar); Centuries Promenade Bar (23-seat)
- Viennese Cafe (specialty coffee bar)
- Video Games Arcade
- 70’s Disco & Nightclub (211-seat)
- International Lounge (425-seat, with dance floor; hosts Punchliner Comedy Club)
- Blue Iguana Tequla Bar (Mexican beer, tequila, margaritas)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (Caribbean rums selection, ThirstyFrog Red draught beer, burgers and fries)
- Spa Carnival complex (with steam rooms, saunas, massage room, Spa Pool, Beauty Salon and Gymnasium)
- Sports Deck (multi sports court, Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard); 9-hole Mini Golf Course; Jogging Track.
- Circle C (kids' club lounge, complimentary)
- Internet Cafe (24-hour Internet computers room)
- Timeless Pool area (with 2 Timeless Bars, 2 Grille Bars and 2 Whirlpools).
- Endless Pool area (with Sky Dome glass roof; two Whirlpools are served by Endless Bar, Grille & Pizzeria; )
- Aqua Park (connected to Twister Waterslide, with one Whirlpool and splash pools)
- Carnival Seaside Theatre (LED screen outdoor cinema)
- Serenity (adults only area with Serenity Bar, two Whirlpools, padded lounges)
- Camp Carnival (kids' club lounge area, complimentary programmes, supervised activities, with outdoor Kids Pool area).
Carnival Freedom wiki
Year built 2007
Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade in 2014
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 2974 (3700 max) / 1160
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 110,000 tons / 952 ft (290 m)
Flag State (registered in) Panama
Ship builder Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)
Building cost USD 500 mill
Ship owner Carnival Corporation
Operator Carnival Cruise Lines
Christened by Kathy Ireland
Official website link Carnival.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Carnival Freedom related cruise news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Freedom Itineraries 2016
The below listed Carnival Freedom cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Freedom Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Freedom cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Freedom Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Freedom cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.