Carnival Miracle Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Miracle
|Builder||Kvaerner Masa (Rauma, STX Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 380 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||292 m / 958 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||85942 gt|
|Passengers||2124 - 2549|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Christened by||Tamara Jernigan|
Review of Carnival Miracle
Launched in 2004, Carnival Miracle is the last of four Spirit-class Carnival ships, together with Carnival Legend, Spirit and Pride. Miracle's building cost is US$375 million. The ship was last refurbished in 2015.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 85,942-ton, 2,124-passenger Spirit Class cruise ship Carnival Miracle and her Spirit-class sisters represented some significant firsts for Carnival: amazing alternative steakhouses found on each Carnival new-build thereafter and onboard wedding chapels. Spirit-class cruise ships also offer an awesome 80 % ratio of outside cabins, as well as lots of nice little touches - such as museum-quality artwork and "designer" martinis.
Cruise itinerary program
Most Carnival Miracle staterooms are 185-sq.foot insides (213), oceanview (167) and balcony (632, with verandas of 40-85 sq.feet). There are also 50 Suites and 16 wheelchair accessible cabins, but no Spa accommodations. Suites include separate sitting areas, refrigerators, spa bathtubs (whirlpools), double sinks and large balconies with two tables, sun loungers and sitting chairs. Extra services for suite guests include priority embarkation and disembarkation.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Carnival Miracle's main restaurant for dinner is the Bacchus Dining Room, which is named after the Greek god of wine. There is only one dining room on all Spirit-class ships, while even older Carnival ships feature two main restaurants. However, the two-deck high Bacchus easily accommodates all guests in two seatings or on a flexible basis, via "Your Choice Dining" program. Nick & Nora's, situated under the skylight in Carnival's red funnel, offers unforgettable dinner that is worth the $30 charge considering the exquisite atmosphere, extra-attentive service and the quality of the meals. Horatio's lido buffet is a one-level restaurant boasting full breakfast and lunch buffets. It is also a casual dinner alternative and late-night bistro. A sushi cart is set up each afternoon outside of Maguire's Bar with rotating options like shrimp, assorted rolls and salmon, all free of charge. Sake is also available, unfortunately not complimentary.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Miracle restaurants and food bars.
- Bacchus Restaurant (1122-seat aft Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings, or “Your Time Dining”; offers “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts for $5; with the 36-seat Ariadne Room restaurant annex).
- Nick & Nora’s Steakhouse (744-seat reservations only restaurant, serving seafood and prime beef steaks; with dance floor and stage for live performances)
- Horatio’s Lido Buffet Restaurant (1396-seat self-service restaurant with complimentary food stations; operates as dinner bistro in the evenings)
- Sushi Bar (complimentary).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Still, Joe Farcus always has a theme, and Carnival Miracle's is "fictional icons" - passenger hallways feature drawings of popular literary characters such as Robin Hood and Robinson Crusoe (and the more darken Belgian detective Hercule Poirot). The lobby and atrium are called after the Metropolis of "Superman" fame, and there is also a Gotham lounge, which gets its name from "Batman."
The 3-level main show lounge on Carnival Miracle is fashioned after "The Phantom of the Opera" and Paris Opera House. The elaborate production shows include a high-energy popular music medley from the last decades, called "Legends", as well as a Beatles-themed production. Frankenstein's Lab is ship's 2-deck disco. It received new carpeting and furniture as part of the recent refurbishment.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Miracle lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Mad Hatter’s Ball Lounge (425-seat, hosts Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch)
- Dr Frankenstein’s Lab Disco & Nightclub (211-seat, 2-level Dance Club)
- Phantom Theatre (1400-seat, 3-level main show lounge, also used for movies, bingo games, gameshows)
- The Joker Card Room (30-seat)
- Fountainhead Cafe (28-seat specialty coffee bar and patisserie)
- Taste Bar (serves complimentary appetizers); Maguire’s Bar (10-seat sports bar); Sam’s Bar (88-seat piano bar); Snack Bar; Towel Bar; Gotham Foyer Lounge & Bar (100-seat)
- Frankie & Johnnie’s Jazz Club (425-seat jazz lounge)
- Mr Lucky’s Casino (108-seat, served by Lucky’s; with 6-pocket Legend Pool Table)
- Miracle Atrium Metropolis Lobby (11-deck high midship open area with dance floor and stage, served by Metropolis Lobby Bar)
- Jeeves Lobby Lounge (23-seat wine bar)
- Gatsby’s Garden Interior Promenade (23-seat)
- The Raven Library & Internet Cafe (17-seat, 24-hour Internet computers)
- Wedding Chapel (30-seat)
- Kane’s Way Upper Promenade (55-seat)
- The Fun Shops (offers “Bon Voyage” items, duty-free liquor, jewelry, fashion boutiques, souvenirs, logo items); Formalities Shop (tuxedo rentals, special occasion gifts); Studio Photo Gallery & Shop
- Wizards Video Games Arcade (24-hour)
- Circle C (kids' lounge complimentary area with video games, parties, movies, planned activities)
- Camp Carnival (aft located kids' lounge area with complimentary kids programmes and supervised activities)
- Spa Carnival complex (with Steam Rooms, Saunas, Whirlpool, 10 Treatment Rooms, Venus Beauty Salon and Fitness Center)
- Sirens Pool; Ulysses Pool (with Sky Dome sliding roof). Both pools are served by Odyssey Bar
- Serenity (adult-only relaxation area with Whirlpool, Pool, Bar and sunbathing area with lounges)
- Club O2 (teens club lounge with video games, movies, karaoke and themed parties)
- Aqua Park (with 72 ft Twister Waterslide, pool play area, jets, fountains, splash pools).
- Volleyball-Basketball Court; 9-hole Mini Golf Course; Jogging Track, Shuffleboard.
Carnival Miracle wiki
- Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade in 2015
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Passenger decks: 12
- Cabin grades number: 28
- Total number of cabins: 1062 (of which 56 Suites, 626 Balcony rooms)
- Dining Rooms: Bacchus (Ariadne private dining)
- Restaurants and food bars: Horatio's (buffet), Nick & Nora's (steakhouse), The Taste, Sushi, BlueIguana Cantina, Guy’s Burger Joint.
- Lounges & Bars: Phantom, Gotham, Jeeves, Frankie & Johnnie’s, Dr Frankenstein’s Lab (nightclub), Alchemy Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, Metropolis, Maguire’s, Sam’s, Mad Hatter's, poolside bars.
- Serenity retreat area, Spa Carnival, 4 jacuzzis, 4 pools, 11-story high Metropolis Atrium, Miracle Water Park with Twister waterslide, Outdoor Theater, wedding chapel.
- The Carnival cruise ship Miracle is the line's last Spirit-class vessel. Her sisters are the Carnival ships Legend, Pride, Spirit and also the ships Costa Atlantica and Costa Mediterranea.
- Miracle's maiden voyage started on February 27, 2004. Her staterooms with ocean view are 80%, and the ones with private balconies are 80% of those. The vessel has a unique 11-story Metropolis atrium. Its ceiling is made of ruby-red glass and a big picture of a movie or a famous character, Long John Silver for example, is next to each room.
- The Carnival Miracle ship's interior design theme is "fictional icons" (done by Joe Farcus). There are drawings of the famous Robinson Crusoe, Robin Hood and Hercule Poirot. Miracle's cruise passengers can visit the Gotham Lounge – a name taken from the Batman movie. On board there are a wedding chapel and alternative steakhouse. In January 2012 the Miracle ship was refurbished and more trendy Carnival's features were added, like the Serenity adult deck.
- In March 2013 the ship was repositioned through Panama Canal from New York to California to replace Carnival Splendor there.
- There was a plan for the Miracle ship to be deployed to Asia in spring 2017 for round-trip cruises from China (year-round Shanghai port departures). However, this decision was revised, so Miracle stays in North America. According to the Carnival's' current ship deployment schedule, the Carnival Asia-based ships will be Carnival Splendor (repositioned from Miami Florida to China in spring 2018) and Carnival Spirit (during 2017-2018 winter season only). Both ships will be home-ported in Shanghai China.
- On Sept 2, 2017, Carnival Miracle has scheduled a 14-days Alaska round-trip cruise from Los Angeles (Long Beach) CA. This is the Carnival's ever first Alaskan itinerary including the Icy Strait Point. It also features a full-day passing through Glacier Bay. The list of onboard activities includes Alaska-themed cultural and culinary events and themed seminars (photography, arts, crafts, cooking, celestial navigation). The list of Alaskan shore excursion includes hiking, sea kayaking, canoeing, helicopter flightseeing tours, lake snorkeling.
Carnival Miracle related cruise news
Carnival Cruise Line will enhance its leadership position in Long Beach and Tampa with the addition of year-round ships. The line will...November 4, 2016
One of the most popular cruise ships in Australia, Carnival Spirit, will stay year-round in Sydney instead of moving to China for 2018 winter...October 29, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line signed an agreement with the City of Long Beach, California and landlord Urban Commons, to expand Long Beach Cruise Terminal...October 18, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line is adding 5 additional cruise ships to line's successful staggered embarkation program. The company first tested...August 29, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line offers for the first time a 14-day Alaskan adventure cruise round-trip from Long Beach CA. Launching September 2017, the voyage...August 26, 2016
Carnival Spirit will be deployed to China for Australian winter season in 2018 after a scheduled dry dock in Singapore. The ship has been based in...May 4, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line revised its entry into the Chinese market to early 2018, not as originally outlined, spring 2017. In October 2015, the line...February 23, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line named the two cruise ships it will send to China. The line previously announced that it would be sending ships to the country in...October 28, 2015
Carnival Cruise Line's Carnival Miracle is altering itinerary and has already skipped three ports of call in order to avoid the Hurricane Carlos...June 18, 2015
Carnival Cruise Line altered the itinerary for its Carnival Miracle in order to avoid Hurricane Blanca, since downgraded to a tropical...June 9, 2015
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Miracle Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Miracle cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|14 Jan||Departing from Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
|19 Jan 10:00 - 23:00||Kahului, Maui Island, Hawaii|
|20 Jan 09:00 - 23:00||Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii|
|21 Jan 07:00 - 17:00||Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii|
|22 Jan 10:00 - 18:00||Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island|
|23 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Hilo, Hawaii Island|
|28 Jan 15:00 - 20:00||Ensenada, Baja California Mexico|
|29 Jan||Arriving in Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
|02 Sep||Departing from Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
|06 Sep 08:00 - 16:00||Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska|
|07 Sep 10:00 - 19:00||Icy Strait Point, Alaska|
|08 Sep 07:00 - 17:00||Skagway, Alaska|
|09 Sep||Glacier Bay, Alaska|
|10 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Juneau, Alaska|
|11 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska|
|13 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Vancouver, BC Canada|
|16 Sep||Arriving in Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
|14 Oct||Departing from Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
|19 Oct 10:00 - 23:00||Kahului, Maui Island, Hawaii|
|20 Oct 09:00 - 23:00||Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii|
|21 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii|
|22 Oct 10:00 - 18:00||Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island|
|23 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Hilo, Hawaii Island|
|28 Oct 15:00 - 20:00||Ensenada, Baja California Mexico|
|29 Oct||Arriving in Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
|02 Dec||Departing from Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
|07 Dec 10:00 - 23:00||Kahului, Maui Island, Hawaii|
|08 Dec 09:00 - 23:00||Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii|
|09 Dec 07:00 - 17:00||Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii|
|10 Dec 10:00 - 18:00||Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island|
|11 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Hilo, Hawaii Island|
|16 Dec 15:00 - 20:00||Ensenada, Baja California Mexico|
|17 Dec||Arriving in Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
Carnival Miracle Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Miracle cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|13 Jan||Departing from Los Angeles, Long Beach, California|
|15 Jan 10:00 - 17:00||Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico|
|18 Jan 10:00 - 18:00||Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala|
|20 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica|
|22 Jan||Panama Canal|
|23 Jan 09:00 - 17:00||Cartagena, Colombia|
|25 Jan 08:00 - 16:00||George Town, Grand Cayman Island|
|27 Jan||Arriving in Tampa, Florida|
|02 Dec||Departing from Tampa, Florida|
|04 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|06 Dec 11:00 - 19:00||Puerto Limon, Costa Rica|
|07 Dec||Panama Canal|
|08 Dec 11:00 - 19:00||Cartagena, Colombia|
|10 Dec 09:00 - 22:00||Oranjestad, Aruba Island, Dutch Antilles|
|11 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Willemstad, Curacao Island, Dutch Antilles|
|13 Dec 08:00 - 17:00||Ocho Rios, Jamaica|
|16 Dec||Arriving in Tampa, Florida|
Carnival Miracle Itineraries 2019
The below listed Carnival Miracle cruise prices on 2019 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.