Carnival Pride Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Pride
|Builder||STX FINLAND RAUMA FINLAND|
|Year of built||2001|
|Gross Tonnage||85920 gt|
|Passengers||2124 - 2549|
|Decks with cabins||6|
Review of Carnival Pride
Launched in 2002, Carnival Pride is the second of four Spirit-class Carnival ships, together with Carnival Miracle, Spirit and Legend. Pride cost US$375 million to build and was last refurbished in 2014.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 85,920-ton, 2,122-passenger Spirit Class cruise ship Carnival Pride introduced some significant firsts for the company, including onboard wedding chapels and alternative restaurants. Spirit-class ships also boast an impressive 80% ratio of outside cabins, and lots of nice little touches such as 'designer' martinis and museum-quality artwork.
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Pride itinerary program is based on departures from Baltimore MD and Eastern Caribbean and Bahamas roundtrip cruises. Feature port destinations include Nassau, Bahamas and the private island Half Moon Cay, as well as Grand Turk and Port Canaveral, Florida. Starting January 2017, Pride will offer regular departures from Tampa Florida.
Most Carnival Pride staterooms are 185-sq.foot insides (213), oceanview (167) and balcony (632, with verandas of 40-85 sq.feet). There are also 50 Suites and 17 wheelchair accessible cabins, but no Spa accommodations. Suites include separate sitting areas, refrigerators, spa bathtubs (whirlpools), double sinks and large balconies with two tables, sun loungers and sitting chairs. Extra services for suite guests include priority embarkation and disembarkation.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
It's surprising that there is only one main restaurant on such a big ship, but the huge stern-located Normandie Restaurant works surprisingly well. With windows on three sides and design which cantilevers restaurant's upper level over most of the lower one, Normandie somehow manages to baffle the noise of 1,000 cruisers. For a casual meal, head to ship's Lido Deck. Its entire back half is dedicated to dining tables and food stations. The Mermaid Grille also serves as casual dinner alternative, and Mermaid Bistro is ship's buffet-style dining option. Instead of offering one buffet line, it divides the stations into small groupings spread around the space and surrounded with tables. Also on the Lido Deck, free of charge, are Guy's Burger Joint and BlueIguana Cantina. Carnival Pride has expanded its international offerings by including Bonsai Sushi, which is not just a sushi bar, but entire Asian restaurant. A really fine dining establishment is the luxury David's Steakhouse, Pride's alternative dining room positioned at the top of the atrium, beneath the red glass dome. David's is reservations-only and there is a $35 surcharge, which is quite modest considering the quality and quantity of the meal served.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Pride restaurants and food bars.
- Normandie Restaurant (1250-seat aft Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings, or “Your Time Dining”; offers “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts for $5; with the Captain’s Club Room restaurant annex).
- David’s Steakhouse (156-seat reservations only restaurant, serving seafood and prime beef steaks; with dance floor and stage for live performances)
- Mermaid’s Grille Lido Buffet Restaurant (1458-seat self-service restaurant with complimentary food stations; operates as dinner bistro in the evenings)
- Sushi Bar (complimentary).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Carnival Pride boasts with artwork of da Vinci, Raphael, Michelangelo and Botticelli, as well as architectural details of archaic Greece, Byzantine empires, Renaissance Italy, Beaux Arts France and Victorian England. Carnival's long-time interior projector, Joe Farcus, chose “Icons of Beauty” as the vessel's theme: beauty in life, art, architecture, human body and human spirit. At 963 feet, the cruise ship offers 16 bars and lounges, 4 swimming pools and 4 hot tubs, created for active participation. Carnival's guests come onboard ready for twenty-four-hour partying and entertainment. A very good-equipped kids' center, Camp Carnival's Fun Club, is one of the line's amazing features, luring families with children of all ages.
The Taj Mahal Theatre is ship's main show lounge. This state-of-the-art venue hosts elaborate production shows. Playlist Productions are presented at night with short song-and-dance experiences and themes ranging from the '80s to Havana Nights. During the day, families can participate in Hasbro, The Game Show live staging.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Pride lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Butterflies Lounge (484-seat, hosts Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch)
- Beauties Disco & Nightclub (118-seat, 2-level Dance Club)
- Taj Mahal Theatre (1167-seat, 3-level main show lounge, also used for movies, bingo games, gameshows)
- Crystal Card Room (20-seat)
- The Piazza Cafe (112-seat specialty coffee bar and patisserie)
- Perfect Game Bar (67-seat sports bar); Florentine Lobby Lounge (85-seat wine bar); Ivory Bar (106-seat piano bar); Snack Bar, Towel Bar; Raphael Foyer Lounge & Bar (66-seat)
- Starry Night Jazz Club (135-seat jazz lounge)
- The Winner’s Club Casino (278-seat, served by Winners Bar)
- Pride Atrium Renaissance Lobby (9-deck high midship open area with dance floor and stage, served by 147-seat Renaissance Lobby Bar)
- Sunset Garden Interior Promenade (52-seat)
- Nobel Library & Internet Cafe (23-seat, 24-hour Internet computers)
- Wedding Chapel (30-seat)
- Via Veneto Upper Promenade (23-seat)
- The Fun Shops (offers “Bon Voyage” items, duty-free liquor, jewelry, fashion boutiques, souvenirs, logo items); Formalities Shop (tuxedo rentals, special occasion gifts); Studio Photo Gallery & Shop
- Real Virtuality Video Games Arcade (24-hour)
- Circle C (kids' lounge complimentary area with video games, parties, movies, planned activities)
- Camp Carnival (aft located kids' lounge area with complimentary kids programmes and supervised activities)
- Spa Carnival complex (with Steam Rooms, Saunas, Whirlpool, 10 Treatment Rooms, The Lock Beauty Salon and Fitness Center)
- Serenity (adult-only relaxation area with Whirlpool, Pool, Bar and sunbathing area with lounges)
- Club O2 (teens club lounge with video games, movies, karaoke and themed parties)
- Aqua Park (with 72 ft Twister Waterslide, kids pool play area)
- Volleyball-Basketball Court; 9-hole Mini Golf Course; Jogging Track, Shuffleboard.
Carnival Pride wiki
Year built 2002
Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade in 2013
Flag State (registered in) Panama
Ship builder Kværner Masa (Finland)
Building cost USD 380 mill
Ship owner Carnival Corporation
Operator Carnival Cruise Lines
Christened by Tamara Jernigan
Official website link Carnival.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Carnival Pride related cruise news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Pride Itineraries 2016
The below listed Carnival Pride cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Pride Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Pride cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|02 Jan||Departing from Baltimore, Maryland|
|05 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Grand Turk Island|
|06 Jan 07:00 - 15:00||Amber Cove, Dominican Republic|
|08 Jan 10:00 - 17:00||Cartagena, Spain|
|09 Jan||Panama Canal|
|10 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Puerto Limon, Costa Rica|
|12 Jan 08:00 - 17:00||Roatan, Honduras|
|13 Jan 10:00 - 17:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|15 Jan||Arriving in Tampa, Florida|
|26 Feb||Departing from Tampa, Florida|
|28 Feb 09:00 - 17:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|02 Mar 11:00 - 18:00||Puerto Limon, Costa Rica|
|03 Mar||Panama Canal|
|05 Mar 08:00 - 20:00||Oranjestad, Aruba|
|06 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Kralendijk, Bonaire|
|08 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten|
|12 Mar||Arriving in Baltimore, Maryland|
Carnival Pride Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Pride cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.