Carnival Splendor Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Splendor
|Builder||FINCANTIERI TRIESTE ITALY|
|Year of built||2008|
|Gross Tonnage||113323 gt|
|Passengers||3006 - 3607|
|Decks with cabins||8|
Review of Carnival Splendor
Launched in 2008, Carnival Splendor belongs to Costa Cruises' Concordia-class – together with Concordia (sunk in 2012), Favolosa, Fascinosa, Serena and Pacifica. Splendor cost US$697 million to build and was last refurbished in March 2016. Carnival Splendor was the largest cruise liner of Carnival until the debut of Carnival Dream in 2009.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 113,323-ton, 3,006-passenger cruise ship Carnival Splendor is a big ship with huge personality, which has already set herself apart in grand style. For first-time cruisers, Splendor has inaugurated a new cabin category, the spa cabin. The retractable sky cupola that covers Carnival Splendor's pool deck is also a novelty for Carnival. With Carnival Splendor, the line introduced its first ever routes in the Baltic and South America, a remarkable expansion for the fleet.
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Splendor itinerary program is based on departures from New York to Canada/New England and Caribbean, from Miami to Eastern and Western Caribbean, as well as roundtrip Bahamas, Caribbean and Cruises to Nowhere sailing out of Norfolk VA.
Carnival Splendor boasts 66 Cloud 9 Spa cabins and 34 cabin categories. The ship also offers 29 accessible cabins. Most Carnival Splendor staterooms are 185-sq.foot insides (556), oceanview (368) and balcony (537, with verandas of 35-75 sq.feet). There are also a total of 52 suites, measuring between 275-345 sq.feet. Suite passengers receive priority embarkation and debarkation, VIP check-in, and a deluxe bathroom.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Carnival Splendor offers everything that's become a cruise industry standard, along with innovative surprises: a superb alternative restaurant, Indian tandoori grill, sushi bar and stir-fry station. The premium coffee bar and Pinnacle supper club are the only onboard venues that come with an extra charge. The rest are all included in the fare you pay. Splendor's MDRs - The Gold Pearl and The Black Pearl, are grandiose dining venues, welcoming a total of 1,750 passengers. Dinner tables are assigned and the majority can accommodate 4, 6 and 10 diners. Seatings are at 6p.m. and 8:15p.m., orchestrated like a fine watch. Everyone knows it is time to say good night when Splendor's maitre d' starts singing and waiters jump up to dance on the tables.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Splendor restaurants and food bars.
- The Black Pearl Restaurant (744-seat forward Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings and “Your Time Dining”; offers “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfast for $5)
- The Gold Pearl Restaurant (1122-seat aft Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings and open seating for Breakfast and Lunch)
- Splendido Lido Buffet Restaurant (1396-seat, self service buffet restaurant with various food stations; operates as bistro in the evenings)
- The Pinnacle Steakhouse (108-seat, reservations only specialty restaurant for steaks and seafood, with dance floor and live music)
- California Roll Sushi (sushi bar, complimentary).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Carnival Splendor marks a new class of ship for Carnival. One of her most awesome features is the luxury, 21,000-square-foot spa, the most elaborate in the fleet. Pan-Asian in design, the Cloud 9 Spa spans on two decks and features a state-of-the-art fitness center which rivals any other at sea. There are many beauty and health rooms for treatment, as well as the first Thalasso therapy pool. With 24 lounges and bars, outdoor movies, a water slide and a singing maitre d', Splendor delivers exactly what Carnival cruisers expect: fun. Splendor's shipboard entertainment is not confined to evenings. Live music is all over the ship, day and night. The 270-sq.foot theater screen on Lido Deck is constantly used, showing movies, headline news and concerts. And, just like any Carnival cruise, there are trivia contests, bingo, bean bag tosses, Love and Marriage game, even men's hairy chest contest.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Splendor lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Spectacular Theatre (1349-seat, 3-level show lounge for grand shows and musical productions; also used for daily trivia game shows, movies, bingo sessions).
- Splendor Atrium Lobby (7-deck high open floor area with Splendor Lobby Bar for live performances)
- The Pink Pearl (28-seat Card Room); Art Room Gallery; The Golden Atrium; The Alexandria Library
- The Fun Shops (offer “Bon Voyage” items, duty-free liquor, jewelry, fashion boutiques, souvenirs, logo items);
- Formalities Shop (tuxedo rentals, special occasion gifts);
- S&S Card LCD kiosks;
- Photo Gallery & Shop
- Club O2 (teens' club lounge for video games, movies, karaoke and themed parties); Video Games Arcade
- Our House Bar (55-seat sports bar); El Mojito Bar (30-seat wine bar); Alchemy Bar; Grand Piano Bar (100-seat piano bar); The Cool Lounge (88-seat jazz bar); Robusto Bar (147-seat cigar bar with live music)
- Royal Flush Casino (484-seat, served by Oceanview Bar); Centuries Promenade Bar (23-seat)
- The Coffee Shop (50-seat specialty coffee bar)
- Red Carpet Disco & Nightclub (211-seat)
- El Morocco Lounge (425-seat, with dance floor; El Morocco Bar; hosts Punchliner Comedy Club)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (Caribbean rums selection, ThirstyFrog Red draught beer, burgers and fries)
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa (with Thermal Suite, Oriental Steam Bath, Aroma Steam Bath, Laconium, Thalasso Pool, Saunas, Fitness Center with Aerobics Studio, Beauty Salon)
- Sports Deck (multi sports court, Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard); 9-hole Mini Golf Course; Jogging Track.
- Circle C (kids' club lounge, complimentary)
- The Web (24-hour Internet computers room)
- Splendido Pool area (with stage; served by Splendido Bar)
- Liner Pool area (with two Whirlpools, served by Liner Bar)
- Thunderball Pool area (with Twister Waterslide, kids AquaPark, 1 Whirlpool); Splash Park (with 3 waterslides, fountains and sprays)
- Carnival Seaside Theatre (LED screen outdoor cinema)
- Serenity (adults only area with Serenity Bar, two Whirlpools, padded lounges)
- Camp Carnival (kids' club lounge area, complimentary programmes, supervised activities, with outdoor Kids Pool area).
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Splendor Itineraries 2016
The below listed Carnival Splendor cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Splendor Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Splendor cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|11 Sep 10:00 - 19:00||Amber Cove, Dominican Republic|
|12 Sep 08:00 - 16:00||Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands|