Century Paragon Review and Specifications
Specifications of Century Paragon
|Builder||Chongqing Dong Gang Shipyard (China)|
|Length (LOA)||142 m / 466 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||4700 gt|
|Decks with cabins||6|
Review of Century Paragon
The Century Paragon ship cruises on Yangtze River with departures from Beijing and Shanghai. The vessel is owned by the Chinese river travel company Century Cruises (headquartered in Chongqing, China). Century Legend cruise deals can be also booked via the European companies Avalon Waterways, Viking Cruises and Uniworld.
The ship owner Century Cruises operates a fleet of seven luxury ships. Just like her sisters in the Century fleet, Paragon boasts various technical innovations, modern amenities and pampering comfort. This large riverboat offers modern onboard facilities, including a huge atrium (7-story high), lavish entertainment lounge, large Spa, a good number staterooms with private balconies. Another highlight is the large indoor swimming pool and spa with bar, fitness center and relaxation area. This luxury ship has an English-speaking crew and provides good 24-hour Internet connection in its Internet Cafe. Century Cruises Paragon ship also has a kids lounge area (named Children Paradise) for traveling families. Guests can learn traditional tai chi and enjoy the Three Gorges lectures.
- Passenger decks: 7 (out of 7)
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 196 (including 40 Suites and 156 Balcony rooms)
- Sun Deck (7) - Observation lounge area with Bar and deck chairs, Game Room, Kids Playing Room (children garden), Fitness, Library, VIP Restaurant (with 2 Kitchens), Executive Suites (x11, cat ES).
- Observation Deck (6) - large Multi-Function Lounge (reserved seating for evening entertainment, Bar, observation area), large Reception Area, Executive Suites (x23).
- Bridge Deck (5) - Navigation Bridge, 2 Souvenir Shops, Junior Suites (x2), Deluxe Staterooms (x62, cat DS).
- Promenade Deck (4) - 2 Boutique Shops, Accommodations - Presidential Suites (x2, cat PS), Junior Suites (x2), Deluxe Cabins (x62).
- Upper Deck (3) - Main Dining Room, Guest Services, Deluxe Staterooms (x32).
- Main Deck (2) - 2 Card Rooms, Laundry, Medical Center, Deluxe Cabins (x8).
- Lower Deck (1) - 7-deck high Atrium, 2 Elevators, Cinema, Spa & Massage, big Indoor Swimming Pool.
- Amenities - English-speaking staff and crew, WiFi Internet access, 7-story high atrium, 24-hr laundry service, 24-hr room-serve, Cruise Tour Director.
- Among the technical and design "improvements" implemented on the Century Paragon and Legend ships are the new type propulsion system, impressive Atrium area, large Indoor Swimming Pool (first ever on a riverboat), huge entertainment lounge without any pillars. The ships' propulsion system was designed specifically to reduce vibrations and to lower bad emissions. The ship's Indoor Pool is large because it's located on the lowest deck. The 7-deck high Atrium is very similar to those on the ocean-going cruise ships. The multipurpose lounge is located on Deck 6, allowing an unique design without pillar support. This venue is generally used as Theater for the evening shows.
When the Century Paragon Yangtze cruise is booked through Avalon Waterways (Globus-Avalon Waterways partnership), Avalon offers USA-China-USA flight-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
Century Paragon itineraries
11 DAY "MAGICAL CHINA AND YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE" FROM BEIJING TO SHANGHAI.
- This is a 3-night Yangtze cruise starting with your UK flight to Beijing, China, with 3 Nights Beijing hotel stays Days 2 and 3 are for Beijing tours (Forbidden City, the Imperial Palace, the Tiananmen Square, the Summer Palace, Great Wall, Ming Tombs, a Peking Opera performance, and the welcome dinner).
- On Day 4 you'll fly from Beijing to Xian (tours in Xian - hutong tour/rickshaw, special dinner show). On Day 5 in Xian you'll visit the site of the Terracotta Warriors, also a lacquer workshop, and the Dayan Pagoda. On Day 6 you fly from Xian to Chongqing for embarkation (with a panda zoo visit).
- Sailing portion. On Day in Shibaozhai there's a walking tour, and a special welcome aboard party with performances by the crew. Day 8 is for the China's most famous Gorges - Qutang, Wu, the Shennong Stream, and to some of the River Yangtze’s lesser gorges visited on a small boat excursion. This day ends with the Captain’s farewell dinner party. On Day 9 you'll visit the Three Gorges Dam, the Gorge in Xiling and Yichang (for disembarkation). On the same day is your charter flight to Shanghai.
- On Day 10 in Shanghai (with 1 Night hotel stay) you'll visit "The Bund" area, the Yu Yuan Gardens, also a traditional silk factory, the City Museum, and a Chinese acrobatic show.
Century Paragon YANGTZE CRUISE deals inclusions
- All meals - American breakfast is served daily, with a total of 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 8 dinners (including the Beijing's welcome dinner and the Shanghai's farewell dinner). Complimentary coffee/tea, a la carte dining menu, complimentary regional wines-beer-soft drinks (at dinner).
- Accommodations/Hotel stays in China - Shanghai (Fairmont Peace), Xian (Hilton), and Beijing (Fairmont) and the Deluxe Balcony Stateroom (two beds) on the Paragon ship.
- All the guided tours and excursions (headsets, local guides).
- Onboard entertainment program by the crew and local artisans.
- Century Paragon Yangtze River cruise deals are all-inclusive. They include also all transfers to and from the boat, tips/gratuities, local port charges, airport taxes, a door-to-door pick-up service to the guests' chosen airport, and flights from UK to China (departing from Heathrow, London). Regional flights are at a supplement.
Century Paragon cabins
- (list of amenities) - 2 twin beds converting to queen, floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors to a private balcony, bathroom (shower/tub, bathrobes, slippers), living area (sofa, coffee table, vanity desk), Wi-Fi, mini fridge, deluxe pillow menu, hairdryer, flat TV (satellite), safe, complimentary bottled water, individual climate control. Occupancy is 2 guests per room.
- 2x Presidential Suite (size 1140 ft2 / 106 m2, balcony 30 m2)
- 34x Executive Suite (size 415 ft2 / 38,5 m2, balcony 3,6 m2)
- 4x Junior Suite (size 323 ft2 / 30 m2, balcony 4,3 m2)
- 156x Deluxe Staterooms (size 300 ft2 / 28 m2, balcony 2,8 m2).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.