Costa Pacifica Review and Specifications
Specifications of Costa Pacifica
|Builder||FINCANTIERI CANTIERI NAVALI ITALIANI S.P.A.|
|Year of built||2009|
|Gross Tonnage||114288 gt|
|Passengers||3014 - 3617|
|Decks with cabins||8|
Review of Costa Pacifica
Launched in 2009, Costa Pacifica is the third Concordia-class Costa ship, together with the sunk Costa Concordia, Costa Favolosa, Costa Serena and Costa Fascinosa. The ship cost US $565 million to build.
History - construction & ownership
“Costa Crociere” is a British-American owned Italian cruise line based in Genoa, Italy. Costa is one of the main operating companies in the Carnival group, and a member of the exclusive “World’s Leading Cruise Lines Alliance” (WLCLA), which also includes Carnival, Cunard, Holland America, The Yachts of Seabourn, Princess, and Windstar. One of the best cruise lines for Mediterranean and among the best family lines, the Costa company rules over Europe with its best “Italian Style Cruising” experiences.
The 114,288-ton, 2,838-passenger cruise ship Costa Pacifica is comparatively familiar to Carnival Conquest-class fans. Pacifica ship design is essentially the same, but the interior was made by Joe Farcus – the long-time famous Carnival interior architect and designer, now leader of the new-build Costa team. All his vessels are theme designed, and Pacifica’s theme is music – fully exposed in her decor with artwork (antique violins, prints of scores) and decks called after different music styles. And the most interesting act is that the music theme is carried through ship’s activities. The exceptional to Pacifica music maestro and 1st-ever cruising recording studio help travelers learn how to play the guitar, piano, viola or drums during their vacation.
Cruise itinerary program
Costa Pacifica itinerary program is based on Central and Western Mediterranean cruises. In spring Favolosa crosses the Atlantic and in summer offers Baltic deals.
Most Costa Pacifica staterooms are 185-sq.foot Balcony rooms (524) - nearly 40% of all staterooms have a private balcony. There are a total of 1507 staterooms in 14 categories. 28 are the wheelchair accessible cabins. The largest aboard Costa Pacifica are the Grand Suites (455 ft2).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Ristorante My Way is Pacifica's 2-tier forward formal restaurant. It offers fixed seating options of early and late dining. The restaurant serves starters, appetisers, main courses of fish or meat, side dishes, salads and desserts (vegetarian options and special dietary requirements are also available). Ristorante New York New York is the ship's 2-tier aft formal restaurant, featuring fixed seating options of 6:30 p.m. or 9:00 p.m. The Samsara Restaurant, located on deck 3, offers a range of healthy food with the latest cooking techniques and a selection of special ingredients. The restaurant is free to guests in the Samsara cabins, whilst other passengers can dine there for a charge (booking required).
Follows the complete list of Costa Pacifica restaurants and food bars.
- Ristorante My Way (complimentary forward Dining Room, operates with open seating Breakfast and Lunch, 2 assigned seatings for Dinner - at 6:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.)
- Ristorante New York New York (complimentary 2-level aft Dining Room with 2 fixed Dinner seatings)
- Club Blue Moon Restaurant (specialty a la carte restaurant; Steakhouse menu and extensive wine list; dinner-only, reservations required)
- Ristorante Samsara (serves healthy and low calorie food; with complimentary dining room for guests in Samsara Spa cabins, and a specialty restaurant for other passengers, at surcharge/reservations required)
- Ristorante Buffet Paloma (self-service buffet restaurant, complimentary; offers breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea at 4-5:00 p.m., and dinner; in the evening is transformed into Pizzeria, complimentary, with waiter service).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Costa Pacifica ship provides two dining rooms, casino, theater, two show lounges, library, modern fitness center, four pools & five jacuzzis plus SPA. Across music, the Pacifica cruise ship is one of the biggest in Costa’s fleet, appealing to passengers who want huge number of amusement options. Among the many, there’s a two-deck Disco Fever, stylish Wien Wien lounge with classical performances, elaborate SPA, fun amenities for kids – these all at extremely good fares.
Follows the complete list of Costa Pacifica lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Teatro Stardust (3-tiered theatre and main show lounge; hosts grand scale show productions, musicals, classical concerts, ballet performances, circus and laser light shows)
- 4D cinema room (featuring 3D films with moving seats)
- Grand Bar Rhapsody (with own dance floor and stage for live performances; hosts quiz games and fashion reviews)
- Bar Sport Route 66 (with big-size flat TVs)
- Bar Classico Amapola (Cigar Lounge & Bar; also selling cigars and fine liquor)
- Galleria d’Arte (Pacifica’s Art Gallery)
- Sala Carte (cards room)
- Casino Flamingo (served by Flamingo Bar)
- Pacifica Atrium (multi-deck “Atrio Welcome” - open-floor area with live music and entertainment, served by Atrio Lobby Bar)
- Recording Studio (authentic CD-recording; charges EUR 35 per hour)
- Sala da Ballo “Wien Wien” (lounge with dance floor and own bar)
- Piano Bar “Rick’s” (stage for cabaret performances, live music, own dance floor)
- Salone Around The Clock (grand lounge with round-shaped bar and stage)
- Discoteca Fever (Disco & Nightclub, DJ program nightly)
- Internet Point (Internet computers room); Biblioteca Imagine (Library)
- Galleria Shops (duty & tax free shops for brand watches, jewelry, perfumes, fashion clothes, Costa-logo merchandise, sportswear, gifts, tobacco and liquor)
- Area Foto (Photo Gallery & Shop)
- Mondo Virtuale & PlayStation World corner
- Caffetteria Rondo (chocolates, specialty coffee bar & patisserie)
- Bar Scuderia Costa (themed bar Formula 1 with Grand Prix simulator)
- Cappella (Wedding Chapel, also used for religious services)
- Squok Club (kids lounge with Mini Club (3-6 yo) and Maxi Club (7-11 yo) playing rooms; with complimentary kids programme and supervised activities; complimentary babysitting)
- Teen Zone (teenagers' lounge with Teen Junior (12-14 yo) and Teen Club (15-17 yo) rooms; complimentary supervised activities, themed parties, sport contests)
- Centro Banessere Samsara (2-level Spa & Wellness complex, with Fitness and separate Spinning/Aerobics Room; Venus Beauty Salon, Massages and Treatments Rooms, Japanese TeaRoom, Relaxation Room, Thermal Suites, Solarium, Tepidarium (heated loungers), Laconium (low humidity sauna), Aroma Steam Baths, Thalassotherapy pool, Turkish Bath, Solarium, Saunas, Kinesis Room. All Pacifica’s guests in Samsara Spa staterooms have free access to most of the Spa complex)
- Lido Calypso pool area (lido pool with two Whirlpools, huge LED screen, PlayStation nights; served by Calypso Bar & Grill); Calypso Balcony
- Lido Ipanema pool area (with two Whirlpools; served by Ipanema Bar)
- Lido Bamba Pool area (with retractable glass roof and Whirlpool)
- Lido Squok (kids’ mini Aqua park)
- Solarium (open-air relaxation area)
- Campo da Gioco (combined court for tennis and basketball); Pista da Jogging (Power Walking/Jogging Track), doubled with a Roller Skating Track; Putting Green Area; Virtual Golf Game.
Other Costa Cruises cruise ships
Costa Pacifica Itineraries 2016
The below listed Costa Pacifica cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Costa Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|27 Nov||Departing from Savona|
|28 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Civitavecchia (Rome)|
|29 Nov 13:00 - 19:00||Messina|
|01 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Iraklion|
|04 Dec 07:00 - 23:00||Eilat|
|05 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Aqaba|
|10 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Salalah|
|12 Dec 08:00 - 18:00||Muscat|
|13 Dec 08:00 - 16:00||Fujairah|
|14 Dec 09:00 - 23:00||Abu Dhabi|
|15 Dec||Arriving in Dubai|
Costa Pacifica Itineraries 2017
The below listed Costa Pacifica cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Costa Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.