Crystal Endeavor Review and Specifications
Specifications of Crystal Endeavor
|Year built||2018 new ship|
|Builder||Lloyd Werft (MV Werften Bremerhaven) Germany|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal Yacht Cruises|
|Length (LOA)||183 m / 600 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||25000 gt|
|Passengers||100 - 200|
Review of Crystal Endeavor
Crystal Cruises plans to build the first purpose-built polar class mega-yacht in the world. Named Crystal Endeavor, the first-ever expedition ship of the luxury line, is the newest luxury Crystal Cruises ship, with fleetmates Crystal Serenity, Crystal Symphony and Crystal Esprit.
History - construction & ownership
One of the top luxury cruise companies, and among the best lines for adults, the Crystal cruise company offers sailings on luxury passenger liners with all inclusive package deals. Both top rated cruise ships in numerous categories, they offer intimate cruising experience, superior service, 5-star amenities, elegance and perfection in every detail. The Crystal Line was founded in 1988 (headquartered in Century City, Los Angeles), and is a subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Linefollow (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) – one of the largest shipping companies in the world.
The 200-passenger polar cruise ship was scheduled for launch in August 2018. The vessel's steel cutting was in May 2016. Crystal Endeavor cruises were open for booking in late 2016. The ship has its own ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle), which is an equipment extensively used in the offshore industry. On polar expedition itineraries, the ROV is used for exploring sunken vessels (warships, galleons, passenger ships).
Cruise itinerary program
Crystal Endeavor sails in the Arctic and then follows the route of migrating whales along the Americas' coast and Europe to Antarctica during winter. Along the way, the mega-yacht visits remote islands in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, which standard cruise ships cannot access or seldom call.
Joining the world's newest cruise ships fleet, the 600-foot vessel carries 200 guests in 100 suites, ranging from 400 sq.feet to 3,122 sq.feet. Endeavor's 2 Owner's Suites offer a 1,615-sq.foot interior plus 1,507-sq.foot balcony. These can be connected to a penthouse for combined footage of 3,928 sq.feet. Suite passengers can relax in a private conservatory; spa and gym with steam room, sauna and private treatment room; indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi; in addition to vast living space (inside and out).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Crystal Endeavor offers six dining venues, including a main dining room, outdoor café, self-serve snack spot, grill and 24-hour room service.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor restaurants and food bars.
- The Pantry (buffet restaurant, open 24 hours; operates as self-service bistro and offers specialty teas and coffees, wine bar, light food)
- Compass Room (wine bar; specialty dining venue, reservation-only)
- Yacht Club Restaurant (Main Dining Room for waiter-served Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with “Modern Tasting” and “Classic” menus; offers contemporary and traditional gourmet specialties; food is prepared with local fresh ingredients)
- Patio Cafe (Yacht Club’s outdoor extension/alternative restaurant; features light food menu choices; offers waiter-served Breakfast and Lunch)
- The Grill (fast-food alternative dining venue)
- Sunset Bar (casual eatery/outdoor bar).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
This ultra-luxury yacht has its own fleet of 8 electric amphibious zodiacs, 2 submarines (7-person mini subs), 2 helicopters and 2 landing pads (helipads) for ‘flight tours. The ship provides complimentary jet skis, seakayaks, wave runners, paddle boards, fishing facilities, snorkeling and scuba diving equipment. The vessel is the world's first purpose-built "Polar Code" compliant yacht which enables it to cruise in polar regions (Arctic and Antarctica) during summer and autumn months in medium ice conditions (“first year” ice packs).
The cruise vessel is fitted with top-notch dynamic positioning technology and computer-controlled systems in order to automatically maintain its position using its own propulsion units (thrusters and propellers). This allows the yacht to float above coral reefs without the need to drop anchors, which could damage the seabed.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Palm Court (with 270-degree panoramic views providing wildlife watching)
- Spa and Conservatory
- Infinity pool (with a base that can be lifted to be a dance floor/alfresco dining area)
- 200-seat theatre
- Lecture rooms; cinema; card room
- Computer Centre.
Crystal Endeavor wiki
- On January 15, 2018, was the vessel's steel-cutting ceremony held at MV Werften shipyard (Bremerhaven, Germany). The special event was attended by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (GHK's Chairman and CEO), Tom Wolber (Crystal Cruises' President and CEO), Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania’s Economics Minister), Alexander Badrow (Stralsund Mayor), Jarmo Laakso (shipyard's CEO).