Crystal Endeavor Review and Specifications
Specifications of Crystal Endeavor
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Lloyd Werft (MV Werften Bremerhaven) Germany|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition mega-yacht|
|Building cost||USD 195 million|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal Yacht Cruises|
|Length (LOA)||183 m / 600 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||19800 gt|
|Passengers||100 - 200|
Review of Crystal Endeavor
Crystal Cruises is currently building the world's first purpose-built polar class mega-yacht. Crystal Endeavor cruise ship is company's newest vessel, scheduled to join its Crystal Yacht Cruises fleetmate Crystal Esprit in 2020. Endeavor is the world's first purpose-built mega-yacht with P6 polar-class designation.
History - construction & ownership
One of the top luxury cruise companies, and among the best lines for adults, the Crystal cruise company offers sailings on luxury passenger liners with all inclusive package deals. Both top rated cruise ships in numerous categories, they offer intimate cruising experience, superior service, 5-star amenities, elegance and perfection in every detail. The Crystal Line was founded in 1988 (headquartered in Century City, Los Angeles), and is a subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Linefollow (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) – one of the largest shipping companies in the world.
The 200-passenger polar cruise ship was scheduled for launch in August 2018. The vessel's steel cutting was in May 2016. Crystal Endeavor cruises were open for booking in late 2016. The ship has its own ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle), which is an equipment extensively used in the offshore industry. On polar expedition itineraries, the ROV is used for exploring sunken vessels (warships, galleons, passenger ships).
The megayacht derived her name from HME Endeavor, which is the research ship used by Capt. James Cook to discover Australia & New Zealand.
Cruise itinerary program
Crystal Endeavor sails in the Arctic and then follows the route of migrating whales along the Americas' coast and Europe to Antarctica during winter. Along the way, the mega-yacht visits remote islands in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, which standard cruise ships cannot access or seldom call.
Joining the world's newest cruise ships fleet, the 600-foot vessel carries 200 guests in 100 suites, ranging from 400 sq.feet to 3,122 sq.feet. Endeavor's 2 Owner's Suites offer a 1,615-sq.foot interior plus 1,507-sq.foot balcony. These can be connected to a penthouse for combined footage of 3,928 sq.feet. Suite passengers can relax in a private conservatory; spa and gym with steam room, sauna and private treatment room; indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi; in addition to vast living space (inside and out).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Crystal Endeavor offers six dining venues, including a main dining room, outdoor café, self-serve snack spot, grill and 24-hour room service. Crystal Endeavor's dining experience remains true to the standard of world-class cuisine and diverse menus offered on all Crystal River, Ocean and Yacht vessels, with all-inclusive dining, premium spirits and fine wines offered throughout.
Specialty restaurants onboard include Umi Uma, serving sushi and specialties by Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa; and Prego, which offers traditional Italian fare, and hosts Crystal’s “Vintage Room” winemaker dinners. Additionally, Crystal Endeavor features the elegant main dining room, Waterside; Asian-inspired Silk Kitchen & Bar, situated in the 2-story solarium during the evenings; and European-inspired Bistro Cafe, which offers full service breakfast and lunch and is a go-to spot for teas and freshly brewed espresso.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor restaurants and food bars.
- The Pantry (buffet restaurant, open 24 hours; operates as self-service bistro and offers specialty teas and coffees, wine bar, light food)
- Waterside (main dining room)
- Silk Kitchen & Bar (Asian)
- Bistro Cafe (European-inspired, offers full service breakfast and lunch)
- Compass Room (wine bar; specialty dining venue, reservation-only)
- Yacht Club Restaurant (Main Dining Room for waiter-served Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with “Modern Tasting” and “Classic” menus; offers contemporary and traditional gourmet specialties; food is prepared with local fresh ingredients)
- Patio Cafe (Yacht Club’s outdoor extension/alternative restaurant; features light food menu choices; offers waiter-served Breakfast and Lunch)
- The Grill (fast-food alternative dining venue)
- Umi Uma (sushi and specialties by Nobu Matsuhisa)
- Prego (traditional Italian fare)
- Sunset Bar (casual eatery/outdoor bar).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Crystal Endeavor offers personalised services along with 1:1 crew-to-guest ratio. This ultra-luxury yacht has its own fleet of 8 electric amphibious zodiacs, 2 submarines (7-person mini subs), 2 helicopters (for flight tours) and 2 landing pads (helipads). The ship provides complimentary jet skis, seakayaks, wave runners, paddle boards, fishing facilities, snorkeling-scuba diving equipment, recompression chamber, multi-person ATVs. Passengers can also experience a ride on Endeavour's SEABOB, the most technically advanced underwater scooter in the world.
The vessel is the world's first purpose-built "Polar Code" compliant yacht which enables it to cruise in polar regions (Arctic and Antarctica) during summer and autumn months in medium ice conditions (“first year” ice packs).
The cruise vessel is fitted with top-notch dynamic positioning technology and computer-controlled systems (DPS - dynamic positioning system) in order to automatically maintain its position using its own propulsion units (thrusters and propellers), even in adverse weather conditions. This allows the yacht to float above coral reefs without the need to drop anchors, which could damage the seabed.
At Palm Court Lounge are offered afternoon tea service, dancing, specialty cocktails, onboard enrichment lectures, media presentations, classes, evening entertainment. Other social spaces include the only Casino Lounge on an expedition yacht, Connoisseur Club (cigar / smoking lounge) Crystal Cove where guests gather for guest speakers, pre-dinner drinks and late-night entertainment.
Enrichment venues include the Library, Captain’s Lounge, Expedition Lounge and Helicopter Lounge. The Promenade stretches from Crystal Cove to the Waterside and is a more intimate spot to enjoy cocktails and spectacular views. Crystal’s onboard boutique shops, Apropos and Facets, provide designer and fine jewelry shopping.
Wellness options include a fully-equipped fitness center. The dedicated "Crystal Life Spa and Salon" wellness complex covers an area of 930 m2 (10,000 ft2) and has gym room, full-service spa with 3 treatment rooms, unisex steam rooms and saunas, jacuzzis, relaxation room and full-service salon services. The 2-story solarium pool deck is enclosed under the glass-domed roof. The expansive mud rooms accommodate preparation for the adventures of the day and offer cleaning of equipment and boots upon guests’ return from a day full of exploration.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Endeavor lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Palm Court (with 270-degree panoramic views providing wildlife watching)
- Connoisseur Club cigar lounge
- Crystal Cove
- The Library, Captain’s Lounge, Expedition Lounge, Helicopter Lounge
- Spa and Conservatory (10,000 ft2 area providing full-service spa, salon, wellness centre, jacuzzis, yoga and pilates)
- Infinity pool (with a base that can be lifted to convert it into alfresco dining area / dance floor)
- Theatre (200 seats)
- Lecture rooms, Cinema, Card Room, Casino
- Computer Centre.
Crystal Endeavor wiki
- On January 15, 2018, was the vessel's steel-cutting ceremony held at MV Werften shipyard (Bremerhaven, Germany). The special event was attended by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (GHK's Chairman and CEO), Tom Wolber (Crystal Cruises' President and CEO), Harry Glawe (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania’s Economics Minister), Alexander Badrow (Stralsund Mayor), Jarmo Laakso (shipyard's CEO).
- This is world's first newbuild mega-yacht designed as polar-class P6 passenger vessel. Its name honors HMS Endeavor - British Royal Navy sail ship used by James Cook (1728-1779) on his first Pacific Ocean voyage (1769-1771) to Terra Australis Incognita / Australia New Zealand, reaching Australia (Botany Bay) in April 1770.
Crystal Endeavor ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Crystal unveiled design details for Crystal Endeavor, its upcoming expedition yacht, for Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises. Crystal’s...April 26, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises revealed new features of its new polar class expedition vessel, Crystal Endeavor. The ship, which will feature 100 suites when...March 8, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises is downsizing its 3 "Exclusive" class boutique ships, and removing the private luxury residences which would have occupied the top...February 3, 2018
- Cruise Industry
MV Werften celebrated the start of the construction on Crystal’s newest luxury expedition yacht, Crystal Endeavor, via the cutting of the first...January 16, 2018
- show more news