Emerald Harmony Review and Specifications
Specifications of Emerald Harmony
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||VARD (Vaung Tau, Vietnam)|
|Class||Mekong river cruiser|
|Owner||Scenic Tours (Australia)|
|Operator||Emerald Waterways (Europe), Evergreen Tours (Australia)|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||73 m / 240 ft|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of Emerald Harmony
Launched in 2019, Emerald Harmony cruise ship is the 8th "Star-Ship" in Emerald Waterways fleet. This is also company's first Star-Ship class riverboat built for the Mekong cruise market in Asia.
Emerald Waterways (established in 2014) is river cruise company owned by Scenic Tours. Like the new longships of Viking River Cruises, the innovations onboard Emerald Waterways ships make these riverboats an alternative to ocean cruising. Emerald Harmony cruises on Mekong river with itineraries in Vietnam and Cambodia.
Emerald Harmony ship offers 3 Mekong River cruise itineraries:
- 13-day "Majestic Mekong River Cruise"
- 17-day "Treasures and Temples of Vietnam and Cambodia:
- 21-day "Grand Tour of Vietnam and Cambodia"
The inaugural cruisetour ("Grand Tour of Vietnam and Cambodia) departs on August 20, 2019. itinerary's call ports include Halong Bay, Hue (Da Nang) and Hoi An. The itinerary ends with 3 nights in Siem Reap where passengers can attend Phare Cambodian Circus and visit Angkor Wat.
The vessel was specifically designed to be able to navigate and dock right into the centre of Vietnam's capital Ho Chi Minh City.
Emerald Harmony has a total of 42 staterooms in 4 categories:
- 2x Owner’s Suites (size 450 ft2 / 42m2) are the only cabins with step-out balcony (terrace sized 325 ft2 / 30 m2) and are fitted with outdoor Jacuzzi whirlpool. As bonus perks are offered complimentary laundry (4 items per day), in-cabin dining service (pre-dinner canapes) and VIP dining at Captain’s Table.
- 4x Grand Balcony Suites (size 400 ft2 / 37 m2) are with separate bedroom / lounge area and offer as bonus perks in-cabin dining service (pre-dinner canapes, after-dinner sweets).
- 32x Panorama Balcony Suites - size 275 ft2 / 25 m2
- 4x Emerald Staterooms - porthole window cabins sized 275 ft2 / 25 m2
- All staterooms have max capacity of 2 passengers per cabin.
- Most staterooms are French Balcony cabins with floor-ceiling windows (drop-down) that transform the seating area into a comfortable "indoor balcony" space.
Passenger cabins feature contemporary Southeast Asian design, twin beds (convertible to double / Queen-size), wardrobe, mirrored dressing table with chair, en-suite bathroom (with WC, shower, single-sink vanity, hairdryer, premium toiletries, bathrobes, slippers), flat HDTV (infotainment system / Internet, movies-on-demand), free Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, phone, alarm clock, electronic safe box.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
The riverboat features some of Emerald Waterways trademarked design details, such as sleek furnishing, interesting lighting elements and indoor swimming pool - covered with sliding roof and transforming into a night cinema.
Like most of the newest luxury river cruise ships, Emerald Harmony has 4 passenger decks, indoor swimming pool, Fitness (small Gym Room), Spa (massage room), 1 elevator and passenger-use bikes. The poolside Bar serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The Sun Deck has shaded seating area (with 4-seat tables), sunbathing area (with premium loungers), deckgames area and walking track.
The ship has 2 restaurants. The Reflections Restaurant is the main dining room with open seating and table service. There is also a buffet station (at dinner) and omelette station (at breakfast). The Terrace is the al-fresco dining area - informal venue serving breakfast and lunch. Horizon Lounge has floor-ceiling windows and doubles as casual lunch-only restaurant. Weather permitting, lunch and dinner buffets are held at various times on the open-air Sun Deck. Onboard dining feature Cambodian cuisine specialties and also International food prepared with freshest ingredients (locally sourced produce). Free drinks (International and domestic wine, beer, sodas) are offered with lunch and dinner.
The most innovative feature of Emerald Waterways Harmony ship is the dual-purpose area, which transforms from a heated indoor pool (with retractable roof) during the day, to a movie theater at night.
Emerald Harmony is also the first ship in the fleet with Lotus Lounge. Situated at the bow on Vista Deck, it serves Afternoon Tea, specialty coffees and snacks throughout the day.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Emerald Harmony wiki
- For the ship's Inaugural cruise season (2019), bookings made by August 31, 2018, received as bonus free roundtrip airfare (international flights to Asia) plus USD 100 pp in onboard credit. As an alternative to this early booking promo was offered discount of USD 3000 per couple. Bookings after August 31 and through October 31 (2018) were offered either free flights or USD 3000 per couple; Full paying customers saved additional USD 600 per couple on all itineraries.
Emerald Harmony ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
In 2019, Emerald Waterways adds to its fleet of Star-Ships a new vessel sailing on Mekong River. The 73-metre Emerald Harmony, line’s 8th Star...July 24, 2018
- show more news