Enchantment Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Enchantment Of The Seas
|Builder||Kvaerner Masa-Yards (Helsinki, STX Finland)|
|Building cost||USD 280 million|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||301 m / 988 ft|
|Beam (width)||35 m / 115 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||82910 gt|
|Passengers||2288 - 2746|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Christened by||Colleen Fain|
Review of Enchantment Of The Seas
History - construction & ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCI is a cruise line brand established in Norway and currently based in Miami, Florida. As of September 2015, the line controls a 17% share of the world cruise market, with 23 cruise ships in service and other three on order. All vessels under the Royal Caribbean brand have had their names ending with "of the Seas" since 1991. Sister brands owned by Royal Caribbean Ltd. are Azamara Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, CDF Croisières de France and Pullmantur Cruises.
The 82,910-ton, 1,950-passenger Enchantment of the Seas was sliced, diced and sewn back diring 2005 refurbishment, along with the addition of a 73-ft long midsection. This is the reason why parts of the ship sparkle like new, while others show a bit of wear. Although the external appearance of the Enchantment of the Seas is slightly faded, the midsection (both inside and outside) is still looking comparatively new and offers a larger pool deck, funky suspension bridges, Boleros Latin lounge, Ben & Jerry's, Champagne bar and ritzy Centrum atrium, full with glass-enclosed elevators.
Cruise itinerary program
Enchantment of the Seas itinerary program is based on year-round 3- and 4-day short Bahamas cruises from Port Canaveral, Florida.
Most Enchantment of the Seas staterooms are 135-260-sq.foot insides (463). There are a total of 1142 staterooms in 23 categories. 19 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Enchantment of the Seas are the Royal Suites (1185 ft2).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
For a quick bite choose Enchantment's Windjammer Marketplace. It's set up in various stations, so you can grab everything from cheeses and pizza to carved meats and dessert. Beginning at 3 p.m., an afternoon tea is offered there each day. During busy times, it's difficult to find tables. For more formal dining, better check out the 2-level My Fair Lady dining room. It's open daily from 7 to 9:30 a.m. for breakfast and from noon to 1:30 p.m. for lunch (when it's converted into a Brasserie 30 restaurant, which serves excellent dishes like shells with pesto sauce). Set-seating dining times are 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Passengers can opt for anytime dining, which allows to avoid set tablemates and eat between 6 and 9:30 p.m. The alternative dining venue onboard Enchantment of the Seas is Chops Grille, which carries a fee of $25 per person.
Follows the complete list of Enchantment of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- My Fair Lady Restaurant (1346-seat aft Dining Room; offers Brasserie 30 lunch on seadays)
- Windjammer Cafe lido buffet restaurant (566-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Chops Grille (108-seat specialty restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Park Cafe (68-seat deli restaurant; complimentary - serves the Solarium area).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Orpheum Theater is the venue to go for shows. It hosts everything from comedic performances and musical revues to free first-run movies. The theater comprises space on Decks 5 and 6. Flashy Casino Royale is situated between Boleros Lounge and Orpheum Theater on Deck 5 and features an exciting see-through floor close to the entrance and lots of lights, as well as blackjack, roulette, craps, poker and slot machines. For daytime fun, the main pool deck is the spot to participate in funny contests, from Ms. Biceps to belly-flopping. Most enrichment consists of activities like gaming lessons in the casino and dance classes in the disco, free of charge. If you expect lectures and the like, Enchantment of the Seas probably is not the ship for you. The line offers a number of shore excursions through its "Explorations!" desk. Glass-bottom boat trips and sightseeing tours are very popular, as are beach excursions, but have in mind that you may be able to access some of the beaches for free or for a lower price if you go on your own.
Follows the complete list of Enchantment of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Orpheum Theater (870-seat, features grand production shows with dance, acrobatics, comedy and games)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Art Gallery
- The Centrum (5-deck atrium and social hub, offers aerial acrobatics entertainment); Spotlight Lounge (575-seat show lounge); Diamond Club & Lounge; Concierge Club (suite and past guests only); Viking Crown Lounge & Nightclub
- R Bar (52-seat cocktail bar); Boleros Lounge & Bar (113-seat); Cafe Latte-tudes Bar (36-seat specialty coffee bar, Starbucks Coffee); Ben & Jerry’s (ice cream bar); Schooner Bar (135-seat piano bar); Island Bar; Oasis Bar
- Centrum Boutiques (duty-free; clothes, perfumes, accessories, jewelry, logo souvenirs, General Store/alcohol and cigarettes)
- Casino Royale (259-seat)
- Royal Caribbean Online center (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center
- Solarium lounge (includes Cafe Bar, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Video Games Arcade; Fuel Teen Disco club; Royal Babies & Tots Nursery
- Adventure Beach; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Vita Course Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall; Bungee Trampolines.
Enchantment Of The Seas wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 23
- Total number of cabins: 1143 (of which 94 Suites, 154 Balcony rooms)
- Dining Rooms: My Fair Lady
- Restaurants and food bars: Park Cafe (deli), Windjammer (buffet), Chops Grille (steakhouse)
- Lounges & Bars: Orpheum, Boleros, Concierge, Diamond, Spotlight, Viking Crown (nightclub), Solarium Cafe, Fuel (teen), Adventure Ocean (kids), R Bar, Cafe Latte-tudes, Ben & Jerry’s, Schooner, poolside bars
- Amenities: Complimentary 24-hour Room-Service, Adventure Ocean (Youth program), Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry.
- Adults only area (Solarium), Spa (Vitality), 6 jacuzzis, 3 pools, Rock-climbing Wall, kids bungee trampoline, jogging track, Outdoor Theater, Nursery.
- Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas is one of the lien's Vision-class vessels. Her sister in the fleet was Splendour Of The Seas (currently TUI Discovery). The rest of the RCI ships in this class are Legend, Grandeur, Rhapsody, Vision.
- RCI's Enchantment and Grandeur were the first ever vessels of a major cruise line company to have Dynamic Positioning System.
- The Enchantment ship was built in Finland (completed on 3 July 1997). The vessel's godmother is Colleen Fain, the wife of Richard D. Fain, Chairman and CEO at Royal Caribbean. The ceremony took place on the 12th of July 1997, at Southampton in the UK. The next day on the 13th of July, 1997, began her maiden voyage.
- As a Vision-class vessel, Enchantment has the Viking Crown Lounge at the top (Deck 11) of the seven deck high "Centrum". This is the perfect "360 degree field" place onboard for enjoying scenery views.
- For the first time Enchantment entered drydock in 2005, for refurbishment in Rotterdam (Holland). She stayed there less than two months to receive a massive mid-body extension. In 2012, Enchantment was refurbished for the second time - this was done in The Bahamas (Freeport). The ship received many technological enchantments, dining menu upgrades, and several new features like the popular Park Cafe.
- (September 30, 2009 crash accident "Carnival vs Royal Caribbean") Enchantment, being anchored at Cozumel Mexico, was hit by Carnival Legend, pushed by the high winds. The collision wasn't serious. Particularly, Enchantment had its stern and railings damaged. Both cruise ships were allowed to continue their voyages.
The following YouTube video reviews the ship's enlargening (drydock refit and refurbishment) in 2005.
Enchantment Of The Seas related cruise news
'Teen Mom', MTV’s hit series, will host its first official voyage in July 2017. Reality stars Amber Portwood, Kailyn Lowry and Maci Bookout are...November 25, 2016
The Merco Press and Crew Center reported yesterday that Argentinian Police had arrested two crew members on Royal Caribbean’s Splendour of the...March 23, 2015
Royal Caribbean International announced 2016-2017 Caribbean deployment. 15 ships of the line will sail from 9 U.S. homeports, and call in 39...March 6, 2015
- show more news
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Enchantment Of The Seas Itineraries 2017
The below listed Enchantment Of The Seas cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Enchantment Of The Seas Itineraries 2018
The below listed Enchantment Of The Seas cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.