Etretat ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Etretat ferry
|Year built||2008 / Age : 9|
|Builder||Cantiere Navale Visentini (Italy)|
|Class||cruise ferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Portsmouth-Le Havre, Portsmouth-Santander|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||186 m / 610 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||26904 gt|
|Passengers||375 - 800|
|Decks with cabins||1|
|Sister-ships||Norman Atlantic, Scottish Viking, Stena Flavia|
|Former names||Norman Voyager|
Review of Etretat ferry
MV Etretat ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the French company BRITTANY FERRIES. The ship has max capacity of 375 passengers and 200 cars. The vessel was launched in 2008 and currently operates on the UK-France and UK-Spain ferry routes Portsmouth-Le Havre Paris (crossing time 8 overnights, 5,5 days) and Portsmouth-Santander (crossing time 24 hours).
As cruiseferry, Etretat has a total of 103 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms.The ferry company provides bed linens, towels and toiletries. The ship additionally has 51 reclining seats. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
The ship's staterooms as categories (numbers) are 4-berth Outside (33), 4-berth Outside "pet-friendly" (4), 4-berth Inside (55), 4-berth Inside "pet-friendly" (9), wheelchair-accessible (2). Also available are reserved lounge seats (51 to Le Havre and 20 to Santander) and cots (15).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
As facilities, the Etretat ship offers:
- La Restaurant (self-service / buffet restaurant on deck 5, hot and cold meals)
- Movie Lounge (on deck 5, tickets can be purchased from Information Desk)
- 2 Reserved Seating Lounges (portside on deck 6, named "Seaside" and "Horizon") with reclining / Pullman seats
- Le Bar (ship's main bar lounge on deck 5 - fine French wines, cocktails, cold / hot drinks, flat TVs)
- Le Boutique (shop on deck 5 - gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, toys, confectionery, clothing, cameras, sunglasses, jewelry), shopping promotions
- free Wi-Fi, ATM / cash machine (deck 5, next to Information Desk / Reception)
- dog exercise area (on deck 6 midship)
- disabled toilets (deck 5)
- The ship has 1 elevator (passenger lift).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators / passenger lifts is forbidden.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specificassistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (deck 5, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number / stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger loungesis forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Brittany Ferries (founded in 1972, headquartered in Roscoff France) is a French ferry company operating on the shipping routes France-UK and France-Spain. Brittany Ferries current fleet includes the ships Armorique, Baie de Seine, Barfleur, Bretagne, Cap Finistere, Etretat, Honfleur, Mont St Michel, Normandie, Pont Aven.