Liberty Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Liberty Of The Seas
|Builder||AKER YARDS OY|
|Year of built||2007|
|Gross Tonnage||154407 gt|
|Passengers||3630 - 4356|
|Decks with cabins||8|
Review of Liberty Of The Seas
Launched in 2007, Liberty of the Seas is the second Freedom-class Royal Caribbean ship, together with Freedom and Independence. The ship cost US $800 million to build and was last refurbished in February 2016.
History - construction & ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCI is a cruise line brand established in Norway and currently based in Miami, Florida. As of September 2015, the line controls a 17% share of the world cruise market, with 23 cruise ships in service and other three on order. All vessels under the Royal Caribbean brand have had their names ending with "of the Seas" since 1991. Sister brands owned by Royal Caribbean Ltd. are Azamara Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, CDF Croisières de France and Pullmantur Cruises.
The 154,407-ton, 4,370-passenger Liberty of the Seas went under the knife in early 2011 for her first dry dock. During the multimillion dollar refit, the ship gained new features that first emerged on Oasis of the Seas, including a big-name stage show, a nursery for the youngest cruisers, an outdoor movie screen and cupcake bakery. New technology knowhow was placed in the form of interactive TVs and digital deck plan systems, located throughout the Liberty to help guests navigate by using LCD touch-screens for customized directions, ship factoids and real time updates. Liberty of the Seas also boasts all the Freedom-class favorites, including popular onshore brands like Johnny Rockets and Ben & Jerry's, cruising's only ice rink, a rock-climbing wall, the novel "Promenade" concept and Boleros Latin lounge.
In the beginning of 2016 Royal Caribbean's cruise ship Liberty of the Seas has undergone an extensive dry dock revitalization. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the new features to be constructed, such as the Splashaway Bay waterpark, The Perfect Storm water slides and new dining options at Giovanni's Italian, Sabor Mexican restaurant, and more.
Cruise itinerary program
Liberty of the Seas itinerary program is based on 7-day Western Caribbean cruises from Galveston, Texas. During summer, Liberty sails to Canada and Bermuda from Bayonne, New Jersey. Feature port destinations include Belize, Jamaica, Roatan, Grand Cayman and Cozumel Mexico.
Most Liberty of the Seas staterooms are 185-200-sq.foot balcony rooms (724) and 160-sq.foot insides (557). There are a total of 1817 staterooms in 28 categories. 32 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Liberty of the Seas are the Royal Suites (1360 ft2).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
The 3-deck-high dining room on Liberty of the Seas accommodates nearly 4,000 guests per night. Passengers choose between assigned dining and Royal Caribbean's My Time Dining program, in which guests pick a preferred mealtime between 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. but can change reservations on a daily basis. Those who opt for My Time Dining have to prepay gratuities. Each floor of the MDR is named after a Renaissance master - Rembrandt, Michelangelo and Botticelli - and a huge crystal chandelier towers over the restaurant. Meals are satisfactory and there is always "Chef's Signature Selection". The separate Vitality menu is offered for the calorie-conscious, and equals the rest of the menu in size and taste (vegetarian options are sprinkled throughout). Standards like salmon, sirloin steak and chicken are also available.
Follows the complete list of Liberty of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Rembrandt Restaurant (652-seat aft Dining Room, level 1; features DreamWorks characters theme breakfast)
- Michelangelo Restaurant (500-seat aft Dining Room, level 2)
- Botticelli Restaurant (883-seat aft Dining Room)
- Windjammer Cafe lido buffet restaurant (774-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Chops Grille (104-seat specialty restaurant; reservations recommended)
- Portofino Restaurant (100-seat Italian specialty restaurant)
- Johnny Rockets Restaurant (84-seat burger bar)
- Sorrento’s Pizzeria (79-seat complimentary restaurant)
- WipeOut Bar (20-seat complimentary burger bar).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Beyond the standard offerings of cruise industry like R-rated comedians, mind-numbing amounts of karaoke and bingo, as well as the Love and Marriage Game Show, Freedom- and Voyager-class ships feature cruising's only ice rinks, Studio B. Ice show tickets are free, but have to be obtained in advance. The Platinum Theater features nightly production spectacles, such as "In the Air" Cirque de Soleil-style offering. The West End production "Saturday Night Fever", debuted in the theater in early 2011. During the day, passengers have any number of usual activity options - trivia, sexy legs contests, family pool games, wine-tasting and seminars, the majority of which are based around the pool areas, the spa and the aft sports area on Deck 13, which houses the FlowRider, rock-climbing wall, mini-golf course and sports court. Liberty of the Seas boasts with the DreamWorks Experience - a themed programming in partnership with the Walt Disney Company. This new entertainment program is aimed at families and offers movies-themed DreamWorks activities on select RCI ships within the fleet. The list of special activities includes characters meet & greets (of course, plus photo ops).
Follows the complete list of Liberty of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Platinum Theatre (features grand production shows with dance, acrobatics, comedy and games)
- Studio B Lounge (indoor ice-skating rink; also serves as a spot for ice shows, cooking demos, game parties)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; BRITTO Art Gallery
- The Catacombs Disco & Nightclub; On Air Club (140-seat karaoke and sports bar); The Sphynx Lounge; The Centrum (7-deck social hub, offers aerial acrobatics entertainment); Next Cruise Lounge; Concierge Club (suite and past guests only); Seven Hearts (33-seat card room); Diamond Club & Lounge; Viking Crown Lounge & Bar
- Schooner Bar (112-seat piano bar); Boleros Lounge & Bar (77-seat Latin bar); Connoisseur Cigar Club & Bar; Hoof & Claw English Pub; Vintages Bar (wine bar); Ben & Jerry’s Bar (ice cream parlor); Cupcake Cupboard Shop (bakery); Cafe Promenade (24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks specialty coffee); Vintages Bar; Champagne Bar; R Bar; Squeeze Bar; Sprinkles (complimentary ice cream bar); Sky Bar; The Plaza Bar; Olive or Twist Lounge & Martini Bar; Cloud 9 (24-seat sports bar)
- Casino Royale (447-seat)
- Royal Caribbean Online center (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Royal Promenade Boutiques (perfumes, jewellry, duty free alcohol, general store, logo/souvenirs); SeaTrek (shop for diving equipment)
- Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center
- Solarium lounge (includes Cafe Bar, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Outdoor movie screen; Screening Room (60-seat cinema)
- Challengers Video Games Arcade; Fuel Teen Disco club; The Living Room; Royal Babies & Tots Nursery
- H2O Zone Water Park; Adventure Beach; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall; Liberty Dunes Mini Golf Course; FlowRider (surf simulator, complimentary)
- Skylight Wedding Chapel (40-seat, used for religious services).
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Liberty Of The Seas Itineraries 2016
The below listed Liberty Of The Seas cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Liberty Of The Seas Itineraries 2017
The below listed Liberty Of The Seas cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Liberty Of The Seas Itineraries 2018
The below listed Liberty Of The Seas cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.