MS Linzerin Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Linzerin
|Year built||1995 / Age : 22|
|Builder||Lux-Werft (Mondorf, Germany)|
|Class||day-trip Danube River cruise ship|
|Owner||Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock|
|Operator||Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock|
|Length (LOA)||60 m / 197 ft|
|Beam (width)||10 m / 33 ft|
|Passengers||220 - 450|
Review of MS Linzerin
MS Linzerin cruise ship is a riverboat (flussschiff) owned and operated by the German travel company "Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock" (translated as "Danube shipping"). headquatered in Passau Germany. The ship is homeported in Linz Austria and operates 1-day cruise trips on Danube River.
The vessel was launched in 1995 by the shipbuilder Lux-Werft at its shipyard in Mondorf (near Bonn Germany). The ship was reconstructed / modified and fully refurbished in 2014. Its draft is 1,3 m and has total power output 1040 hp. The ship's max passenger capacity is 450. The total number of inner seats is 220, all of which are on Entrance Deck. The ship can accommodate groups of 40 to 230 passengers. The ship's Navigation Bridge (called "Wheelhouse" on riverboats) is located forward on Upper Deck / Sun Deck.
The sundeck area is decorated with live plants and furnished with benches (forward), comfortable loungers and 4-seat tables. On the Sun Deck is also the outdoor / open-air Observation Lounge.
As day-trip riverboat, MS Linzerin has no passenger cabins.
Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock
The shipowner "Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock" is a cruise shipping company specializing in 1-day boat tours on Danube River, between Regensburg and Vienna. Currently, with a fleet of 13 ships, Wurm+Kock is the Bavarian-Austrian Danube's largest day-trip cruise company. The number of ships based in Passau Germany is nine, two are homeported in Deggendorf Germany and Linz Austria, and three in Regensburg Germany.
Donauschiffahrt's Danube cruising experience includes onboard buffet-style dining, a la carte priced snacks and drinks (including wines by the glass, soda, coffee, tea), professional service and enjoying the city's riverfront and and the Bavarian-Austrian country riverside views along the itinerary route.
- The company's DONAU-Card offers 20% discount on shipping (ferry travel) only. These discounted deals are not inclusive of additional services (like catering or kombi-beds).
- Kids ages 6-13 pay half the full adult price (50% discount).
- Kids up to 5 years old travel for free.
- These offers are available for all itineraries / departures from Germany (Passau, Regensburg) and Austria (Linz).
Wurm+Kock's Danube cruise itineraries from Linz
From Linz, Donauschiffahrt offers the following cruises:
- "Linz Harbour Cruise" (Linz city tour) passing along Ars Electronica Center, Lentos Art Museum, Brucknerhaus (copper concert hall), city's harbour quarter, nature reserves, then the boat makes an U-turn where Traun River enters Danube. On return route, the boat exclusively enters the OSWAG shipyard!. Via the ship's loudspeakers is provided information about the city. The cruise tour has duration 100 min. The itinerary is operated April through October, and 3 times daily (excepting Mondays). Pricing is EUR 14,80 pp.
- "Linz-Schlogen-Passau" (Upper Danube Valley) cruise from Linz to Passau through Aschach, Schloegen (river loop) and Engelhartszell. The cruise tour has duration 6,5 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is EUR 26 pp (EUR 38 pp when combined with return by train).
- "Linz to Vienna Cruise" - oneway itinerary from Linz to Vienna through Wachau Valley. The cruise tour has duration 7,5 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. It is actually cruising from Linz to Krems, followed by bus travel to Vienna. Pricing is Linz-Krems (EUR 40 oneway / EUR 84 ship and train), Linz-Grein (EUR 17 oneway / EUR 27 ship and train), Linz-Melk (EUR 29 oneway / EUR 37 ship and train), Linz-Vienna (included bus transfer Krems-Vienna - EUR 59 oneway / EUR 84 ship and train).
- Holiday cruises from Linz are themed (prices pp) "Gansl + Co" (EUR 44 / seasonal buffet), "Advent Buffet Cruise" (EUR 46 / gala buffet), "Christmas Buffet Cruise" (EUR 49 / lunch or dinner), "New Year's Cruise" (EUR 47 / gala buffet).
- Dinner cruises from Linz are themed (prices pp) "Bella Italia" (EUR 42,50 / live music), "Summer Buffet Cruise" (EUR 44,50 / live music), "Menu Theatre" (EUR 78 / 3-course menu), "Crystal Enchantment" (EUR 46 / gala buffet, live music), "Christmas Enchantment" (EUR 46 / 4-course menu), "New Years Eve Cruise" (EUR 113 / gala buffet, live music).
- Firework cruises from Linz are themed "Firework Cruise" (EUR 33,90 / 3-course menu, live music), "Danube in Flames" (EUR 38 / live music, EUR 53 / 3-course menu) and "Klangwolke Live" (EUR 79 / gala buffet, Donaupark VIP).
Riverboat trips on Danube are among the best options to diversify your vacation in some of the Europe's most popular cultural cities. Day river cruisetours are also often booked for special events (weddings, celebrations, private parties) and as themed excursions (like Christmas and New Year's Eve).