01 Jan, 1970 - 01 Jan, 1970
MS Mayfair Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Mayfair
Review of MS Mayfair
Mayfair cruise ship
MS Mayfair cruise ship is a stylish Nile River cruise boat (under charter) which offers exceptional guestrooms and surroundings with attention to every detail. Built to stunning design and featuring large panoramic windows, ms Mayfair offers great Nile views. The interiors are modern and spacious, providing laid-back luxury and contemporary comfort. The bar on ms Mayfair Bel Air Deck boasts relaxed ambience as it's the place to meet fellow passengers after the busy day of sightseeing. All meals are served on the Nile Deck in Nile Avenue Restaurant, which offers local specialities and international food served as grand open buffet and prepared by skilled chefs. In the evenings dinner is à la carte. The Mayfair sun deck pampers with a small swimming pool, jacuzzi pools, and plenty of sofas and day beds to soak up the sun and admire the views.
MS Mayfair ship
|Year built||2010||MMSI number Callsign code Flag State (registered in)||na na Egypt|
|Passenger capacity Crew capacity Gross tonnage weight LOA length||148 70 1,700 tons 245 ft (75 m)||Ship builder Owner Operator||na (Egypt) Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection Insight Tours|
ms Mayfair Nile River cruise package deals inclusions
ms Mayfair cabins
The ship is often chartered by Globus-Avalon, but also from other river cruise lines offering luxury Nile River travel deals in Egypt. Prior to 2016, the ship was chartered by Avalon Waterways. Avalon changed it with the MS Sonesta St George ship for its 2016 Egypt season.
MS Mayfair Nile River cruise prices are based on double occupancy. Know that they might be different when you book your Egypt river cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On its Nile River cruise ship charters, European river cruise lines usually offer USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
ms Mayfair NILE RIVER cruise itineraries
The ms Mayfair Nile cruise itineraries are of 3- and 4- Nights in length. These Egypt river cruises are operated year-round with departures from Aswan to Luxor, and the reverse Luxor-Aswan route. The Viking's 7 Night round-trips from Abu Simbel to Aswan are operated by the Kasr Ibrim ship on Lake Nasser.
- 9 DAY "HIGHLIGHTS OF EGYPT" river cruise tour from Cairo (starts with a UK-Egypt flight). There's a 2-day/1-night hotel stay in Cairo City, then flight Cairo to Luxor for embarkation. On day 7 is the Aswan's Nile cruise disembarkation, with a flight from Aswan back to Cairo.
- 12 DAY "PYRAMIDS, LAKE NASSER AND NILE" cruise tour from Cairo (round-trip). This itinerary starts with 4 Day / 3 Night Cairo hotel stay and sightseeing, followed by the flight charter Cairo to Abu Simbel for embarkation (on day 4). Then follows the Abu Simbel to Luxor (Lake Nasser) cruise portion on River Nile), disembarking in Luxor (with a flight Luxor to Cairo and a farewell dinner).
- 16 DAY "EGYPT AND NILE RIVER - LAKE NASSER CRUISE" tour from Cairo (round-trip). This one starts with 3 Day / 2 Night hotel stay in the capital city for sightseeng and touring. Follows (motor-coach transfers) Cairo to Alexandria (1 Night hotel stay there) and Alexandria to Cairo, for the charter flight Cairo-Aswan. Follows the Nile cruise from Aswan (round-trip, embarkation/disembarkation), and the Lake Nasser cruise on Nile River from Aswan to Abu Simbel (disembarkation, with a flight to Cairo).
- ms Mayfair cruise Itineraries may vary due to Nile river conditions changes and the river traffic. Although rarely, ms Mayfair itinerary might get altered also by special events - occasionally, the Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities closes some of the visited archaeological sites for research or restoration.
- ms Mayfair ship cruises must be booked at least 45 days prior to departure.
ms Mayfair Nile River cruise tours and excursions
- Cairo - Giza Pyramids tour, the Sphinx in Memphis, Saqqara "Stairway to the Sky" Show, Egyptian Museum, tour to Saladin’s citadel & the Alabaster Mosque.
- Alexandria - National Museum, visiting the Catacombs, the Pillar of Pompey, the Library and the Lighthouse.
- Kom Ombo (Temple of Horus and Sobek, man’s first calendar), Edfu (Horus' Temple).
- Tours from Luxor-Edfu-Edfu–Kom Ombo - Valley of Kings & Queens, Museums, Temples, Sphinxes, the Karnak Temple, Amun-Ra, Deir el Bahri, and the Memnon's Colossi).
- Tours from Dendera and Aswan - the High Dam, Temples (Isis, Hathor, Kalabsha), the quarries (unfinished obelisk), Kitchener Island, Botanical Gardens, visit Aga Khan's Mausoleum.
- Abu Simbel-Kasr Ibrim-Amada-Wadi el-Seboua - Temples (Dakka, Meharakka, Amada, Derr), tomb of Penout, rock temples.
Other River Cruises cruise ships
MS Mayfair Itineraries 2016
The below listed MS Mayfair cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest River Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.