MS Steigenberger Omar El Khayam Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Steigenberger Omar El Khayam
|Year built||2008 / Age : 9|
|Operator||Travco-Steigenberger Hotels and Resorts|
|Length (LOA)||113 m / 371 ft|
|Beam (width)||17 m / 56 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||4000 gt|
|Passengers||88 - 160|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|Former names||JAZ Omar El Khayam, MS Omar El Khayam|
Review of MS Steigenberger Omar El Khayam
MS Steigenberger Omar El Khayam cruise ship is a Nile River cruise boat owned and operated by Steigenberger Hotels and Resorts (a Travco subsidiary company). Before 2018, when the new Viking Ra was launched, MS Omar El Khayam was also operated under charter by Viking Cruises - together with the Nile cruiser MS Mayfair.
The ship offers exceptional staterooms and interiors with attention to every detail. Built to stunning design and featuring panoramic windows, Steigenberger Omar El Khayam boasts modern and spacious interiors, providing laid-back luxury and contemporary comfort. The riverboat has 6 passenger decks, a spacious sun deck, 3 lounges with bars, 1 restaurant, Gym, Spa, Sauna, elevator (connecting cabin decks).
- Passenger decks: 6 (out of 6)
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 80 (including 16 Suites and 68 Balcony rooms)
- MS Omar El Khayam is a top-luxury river boat, one of the newest and biggest Egypt-based cruise ships on Nile River, The vessel was designed and built to exceed all guests' expectations for a river travel vacation in the mystical and full of ancient wonders Egypt.
- Among the Omar El Khayam ship's signature amenities are: spacious decks, classy furniture, large and beautifully decorated venues and accommodations, modern facilities (including a Cleopatra Spa, swimming pool and 2 Jacuzzis), gourmet cuisine (contemporary Western and authentic Eastern dishes prepared by local chefs in Abu Nawas Restaurant), a-la-carte dining, drinks and cocktails at Bashawat or Mamlouk Lounge, onboard formal receptions, superb friendly-staff service, 24 hour room-service, bottled water, English-speaking staff, head-sets on shore excursions (guided by Egyptologist).
- Omar El Khayam’s itinerary “Pathways of the Pharaohs” lasts for 12 days, and includes 2 flight transfers from Cairo and 12 guided Egypt tours. The cruise-only itinerary is 3, 4 or 7 days long. It is between Aswan and Abu Simbel.
Omar El Khayam Nile River cruise prices are based on double occupancy. Know that they might be different when you book your Egypt river cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On its Nile River cruise ship charters, European river cruise lines usually offer USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.