Victory Cruise Lines (River Cruises)
MS Victory II Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Victory II
|Year built||2004 / Age : 14|
|Builder||Atlantic Marine (Jacksonville, Florida USA) BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards|
|Building cost||USD 30 million|
|Owner||SunStone Ships Inc|
|Operator||Victory Cruise Line|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||91 m / 299 ft|
|Beam (width)||15 m / 49 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||4954 gt|
|Passengers||110 - 220|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||Cape Cod Light, Sea Discoverer|
Review of MS Victory II
MS Victory II was built as "Cape Cod Light" and was previously operated under the name "Sea Discoverer". In 2017, the vessel was aquired and upgraded by Victory Cruise Lines, with scheduled official launch / entering service in early summer 2018.
From the same series (sister-ship) is the fleetmate MS Victory 1 (formerly Cape May Light, Sea Voyager, and Saint Laurent).
History - construction & ownership
The 220-passenger cruise ship Victory II was built in 2004 (launched as "Cape Cod Light") by Atlantic Marine (shipyard Jacksonville Florida / now BAE Systems Southeast Florida). The vessel was originally built for the Great Lakes Cruises (USA company) and designated for expedition voyages with itineraries in Central and South America.
The cruise ship was acquired in July 2017 from Clipper Group (Bahamas-based international company specializing in dry-bulk shipping). The vessel's current owner is the Copenhagen-based Albatros Travel company, that specializes in polar expedition cruises and tours. The company Cruise Management International Inc provides the ship's deck and engine management, while the sister-company CMI Leisure Management Inc handles the onboard hotel operations.
Cruise itinerary program
MV Victory 2 itinerary program started with the "Inaugural Cruise" from Boston on May 20, 2018. The ship's cruise calendar has regularly scheduled 7-night Canada and New England cruises between Massachusetts USA (departures from Boston and Gloucester) and Nova Scotia Canada (Halifax). Other itineraries include St Lawrence Seaway, Lake Michigan and the Canadian Maritimes, plus the company's first cruises on Lake Superior (bordering Ontario Canada and Minnesota USA).
The ship's itineraries are themed "New England Splendour" (between Halifax NS and Boston MS), "St Lawrence Seaway and French Canadian Martimes" (between Halifax NS and Detroit MI) and "Western Lake Superior" ((Wisconsin and Michigan, between Milwaukee WI, Thunder Bay MI and Detroit MI).
- In 2019, Victory Cruise Lines inaugurated a 9-night Yucatan Mexico cruise itinerary leaving roundtrip from Miami Florida. The voyage included 3 of the most popular Mayan ruin sites in the Mexican states Yucatan, Campeche and Quintana Roo.
- During the company's Inaugural Mexico cruise season (January through May 2019), travel packages included all-inclusive 3-day pre-/ post- cruise hotel stay in Campeche, or 12-day all-inclusive "land and cruise" package.
- Passengers booking by May 31 (2018) received USD 1,000 pp discount. The "Grand Mayan Experience" itinerary was csheduled for departure from PortMiami on January 4, 2019.
- The inaugural "Grand Mayan Experience" season 2019 from Florida to Mexico was divided in 2 parts - January-May, and November 2019 through May 2020.
Victory II cruise ship fares are inclusive of all daily-scheduled tours (excursions ashore). Deals are also inclusive of alcohol (beer and wine) at lunch and dinner. The company's closest competitor in both USA and Cuba is Pearl Seas Cruises.
MS Victory II features a beautifully appointed interior with only 110 staterooms. Its stylish staterooms offer high thread-count bedding, premium mattresses, pillow menus and L’Occitane bath amenities. Passengers enjoy free WiFi Internet access and 24-hour room service, as well as nightly turndown service. The stateroom entertainment systems feature LCD flat screen televisions with satellite programming and radio/alarm clocks with Ipod Docking Station. Outside staterooms include armoires and picture windows for panoramic views.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
MS Victory II dining options include Shearwater dining room, Tavern and Outdoor Grill. Guests can enjoy fine à la carte dining in the main restaurant or the outdoor Cliff Rock Grill & Bar. they can treat themselves to fresh “hot rock” cooking at Cliff Rock, savor regionally inspired cuisine and western classics at Shearwater Dining Room, indulge in delightful afternoon tea service, complete with cakes and cookies, mingle with old and new friends in ship's English-style Seascape Tavern.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
MS Victory II has an Observation lounge, Sun Deck, Terrace and Boutique. Expertly led shore excursions are included. Listen & Learn Aboard program is hosted by experts in culture, history and natural wonders of the places visited.
Victory Cruise Lines deals
Follows the list of onboard amenities and services offered complimentary to all passengers (cruise price inclusive) regardless of cabin grades:
- accommodation: sleeping area (2 twin beds or 1 queen bed / excepting Owners Suites and Category E (with 1 fixed queen bed, 100% Egyptian cotton bedding sets, premium mattresses), en-suite bathroom (robes, slippers, make-up mirror, hairdryer), electronic safe (in the closet), individual climate control, flat LCD TV (satellite programming), direct dial phone (outside line), radio (alarm, docking station)
- daily housekeeping, nightly turndown service
- daily tour (1 excursion in each cruise port)
- complimentary drinks (coffee, tea, bottled water, soft drinks, house brand beers and wine by the glass with all lunches and dinners)
- all onboard meals
- brunch time Consumme and Afternoon Tea service
Not included in the cruise deals are:
- flights (domestic or international airfare to and from the port destination)
- Other beverages (not mentioned above)
- gratuities (onboard and on shore excursions),port charges, cruise insurance.
Victory Cruise Line's closest competitor (in both USA and Cuba) is Pearl Seas Cruises.
MS Victory II ship related cruise news
Victory Cruise Lines created a 9-night all-inclusive cruise from Miami FL to Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. The sailing features 3 of the most popular...February 17, 2018
Victory Cruise Lines announced inaugural offers for 13- to 15-night Cuba circumnavigation voyages. The all-inclusive cruise line starts Cuba cruises...October 15, 2017
Victory Cruise Lines boosted its fleet with another ship. It acquired the sister ship to line's current coastal cruiser, Victory 1 (formerly...July 29, 2017
- show more news