MV Glory Sea Review and Specifications
Specifications of MV Glory Sea
|Year built||2001 / Age : 16|
|Builder||Blohm+Voss (Hamburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||USD 175 million|
|Owner||Suzhou Taihu International Travel Ltd (China)|
|Speed||30 kn / 56 kph / 35 mph|
|Length (LOA)||180 m / 591 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||24318 gt|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Former names||Olympia Explorer (Royal Olympic Cruises), MV Explorer, Celestyal Odyssey|
Review of MV Glory Sea
MV Glory Sea cruise ship (formerly Celestyal Odyssey) is a Bahamas-registered passenger vessel built in 2001 in Germany. The ship was launched as "Olympia Explorer" (2001-2004). In 2004 it was renamed to "MV Explorer" and started operations for the Semester at Sea (study abroad program) until 2015.
In May 2015, the cruise ship was chartered for 3 years by the Celestyal Cruises line and renamed "MV Celestyal Odyssey" (Malta-flagged). In September 2015, Celestyal terminated the charter and the vessel left their fleet in October 2015.
Of all Glory Sea cabins, only 24 have their own private balcony. The ship has no wheelchair accessible, connecting or single cabins. The Glory Sea ship’s interior design boasts wider corridors and solid cabin doors. This ship lacks Standard Balcony rooms, and has no launderettes (self-serve, passenger-use laundry facilities).
On Promenade deck is the ship’s Atrium Lobby with two boarding areas / entryways for embarkation and disembarkation, and seating area. With central location there is the Reception Desk which provides 24-hour guest services. The Shore Excursions Desk, also located there, serves Diamond Cruises tours booking program.
Glory Sea cruise itinerary program for 2017-2018 had scheduled roundtrip departures from homeport Sokcho (South Korea). The 10-month deployment period started in November 2017. The itineraries from South Korea visted port destinations in Japan (Shimonoseki, Maizuru) and Russia (Vladivostok). Also operated were 1-night / 2-day mini cruises along the Korean coast. The ship charterr was the Golden Bridge Cruise Company. Roundtrip cruise deals were also offered from Russia and Japan.
Prior to the 2017-2018 Korean charter, the ship operated on short cruise itineraries leaving roundtrip from China (Shanghai port) to Japan and South Korea. As Celestyal Odyssey, the ship was operated in the Aegean Sea (Eastern Mediterranean / Europe) on short-break itineraries (3, 4- and 5-days) to the Greek Islands in the Cyclades - Santorini, Mykonos, Patmos, Milos, Syros, Lavrion.
MV Glory Sea wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 13
- Total number of cabins: 400 (of which 30 Suites, 24 with private balcony)
- Dining Rooms: Aura Grill, Aegean Restaurant.
- Restaurants and food bars: Leda (casual dining).
- Lounges & Bars: Mast Bar, Horizons Bar, Eclipse Bar, Argo Bar, Helios Pool Bar, Muses Lounge, Selene Lounge, Internet Cafe.
- Wellness Center, Sana Beauty Center, sauna, Olympian Gym, swimming pool, medical center, video arcade, Kids’ Club, library, casino, duty free and travel value shop (Agora), shops, Photo Gallery.
- Celestyal Odyssey cruise ship joined the former Louis Cruises (now Celestyal Cruises) fleet under a 3-year time charter, starting June 2015. Previously, the ship was sailing as "mv Explorer" for Semester At Sea (program of the Institute for Shipboard Education). The vessel, however, was originally built for the Royal Olympic line as "Olympic Explorer" (later renamed "Olympia Explorer").
- The Celestyal Odyssey ship was specifically re-designed for “three continent” cruise itineraries in the Mediterranean Se. It was a perfect choice for the new Louis-Celestyal brand, offering an authentic Greek Isles cruising experience and signature entertainment.
- The Odyssey ship used tyo cruise on shorter (2-, 3- and 4-night) itineraries departing from Turkey and visiting exclusively Greek Islands ports of call.
- Glory Sea ship's owner - Diamond Cruise International company - was established in The Bahamas (in 2015), headquartered in China (Shanghai). "Tai Hu Cruise Management Company" (OTC stock exchange listed) is its Chinese subsidiary, owned by "Suzhou Tai Hu Travel" (travel agency). Suzhou Tai Hu Travel manages the cruise ship's itineraries planning, port operations and tickets sales.
- The Diamond Cruise company has plans to have a fully-wned fleet of up to 6 second-hand cruise ships operating on the Chinese market exclusively.
- Before entering service for Diamond (in April 2016), the vessel underwent an extensive refit and refurbishment at Huarun Dadong Shipyard (Shanghai).
MV Glory Sea related cruise news
A regular cruise line starts on November 26 from port of Sokcho, Korea to Vladivostok. The Korean cruise ship Glory Sea, carring up to 1,300 guests...October 18, 2017
- show more news