MV Isabela II Review and Specifications
Specifications of MV Isabela II
|Year built||1979 / Age : 38|
|Builder||ASMAR (Talcahuano, Chile)|
|Speed||10 kn / 19 kph / 12 mph|
|Length (LOA)||54 m / 177 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1025 gt|
|Passengers||42 - 44|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of MV Isabela II
The luxury yacht mv Isabela II is owned by “Metropolitan Touring”. The company operates small ship Galapagos cruises with mv Santa Cruz cruise ship and the luxury yacht “La Pinta”. The Isabela II is a small Galapagos expedition yacht with an year-round sailing program. The ship was formerly operating as a supply marine vessel, built in 1979 and refitted for Metropolitan Touring in 1988 (in Pensacola, Florida). MV Isabella 2 was last refurbished in September 2012.
History - construction & ownership
The 42-passenger cruise ship mv Isabela has most of the modern luxury amenities that add more charm to her Galapagos Islands expedition cruises. Among the best features onboard are the outdoor lounge and vast observation area, top-deck Whirlpool, modern equipped fitness room, glass-bottom boat, kayaks, zodiacs, satellite connection, full air-conditioning.
Isabela II yacht
The owner of the luxury yacht Isabela II is "Metropolitan Touring". This company operates Galapagos small ship cruises with the luxury yacht "La Pinta" and mv Santa Cruz cruise ship. Isabela 2 is a small Galapagos expedition cruise yacht with an year-round sailing program for this exotic destination. The ship is a former supply marine vessel, built 1979 and refitted for the Metropolitan Touring company in 1988 (in Pensacola FL, USA). The MT company spends regularly big money on yacht refurbishments. MV Isabella 2 was last dry-dock refurbished in Sept 2012.
Isabela 2 Galapagos deals provide an affordable opportunity to observe the unique marine life in this region. The boat has an elegant design. The excellent team of expert Naturalists and all the yacht's friendly crew and staff share the charming passion for nature exploration and marine life conservation in the Galapagos' world of mystery and wonder. Isabella 2 has most of the modern luxury amenities features adding more charm to your Galapagos Islands expedition cruise vacations. Among the best onboard features are the top-deck Whirlpool, a modern equipped fitness room, outdoor lounge and spacious observation area, kayaks, zodiacs, glass-bottom boat, satellite connection (phone and Internet), full air-conditioning.
The nontraditional Galapagos cruise tour package deals are in the category of expedition travel. Isabela's Galapagos cruises are all marked by the yacht's elegant and relaxed atmosphere, exciting island tours, great service. The ship's multilingual Nature experts and the mixture of international and traditional Ecuadorian dishes in the onboard dining menu are just another piece of this beautiful Galapagos Islands cruising adventure puzzle.
Isabela II Galapagos cruise itineraries
- Itinerary 1 - 10 DAY "ECUADOR AND GALAPAGOS" cruise from Quito, starting with a flight to Quito (2 Day / 1 Night hotel stay there). Tours & excursions highlights. The Isabella II yacht operates exclusively 4-night Galapagos cruise deals from Baltra. They include the following feature tours:
- Quito - guided sightseeing (Legislative Palace), tour to the San Francisco Monastery, visiting La Compania Church and the Oswaldo Guayasamin's Museum (Ecuadorian painter and sculptor). In Quito there's also a welcome dinner.
- On day 3 there's a charter flight from Quito to Baltra Island, with 3 Days / 2 Nights hotel stay at the Finch Bay Hotel. Baltra tour - to the Giant Tortoise Reserve.
- Day 5 of the itinerary - Santa Cruz Island - Puerto Ayora town tour, boat embarkation with a welcome aboard cocktail, Giant Tortoise Reserve tour, visiting Charles Darwin Research Station, lectures. Follows the 4-night sailing portion in the Galapagos National Park, visiting La Galapaguera (giant tortoises),, with one professionally guided tour each day.
- Visiting Santa Fe island and South Plaza Island (on day 6) and North Seymour Island and Santa Cruz Island (on day 7) - for guided walks.snorkeling, kayaking, 1 lecture.
- Visiting Bartolome Island and Santiago Island (on day 8) - for guided walks, panga boat rides, snorkeling, with a farewell onboard cocktail. Next day you disembark from the yacht for a charter flight from Baltra to Quito (1 Night hotel stay).
- Itinerary 2 - 15 DAY "DISCOVER GALAPAGOS AND PERU" cruise from Lima. Starts with your flight to the Peru's capital city - welcome dinner, sightseeing (the cathedral, San Francisco Monastery, the Museum of Larco Herrera (politician & philanthropist).
- Lima–Cusco–Sacred Valley-Machu Picchu-Cusco excursions - visiting Awanakancha, Kenko, Puca Pucara, Sacsayhuaman Temple, Pisac, Ollantaytambo ruins, glass-dome train travel to Machu Picchu (guided tour of the ruins), train travel back to Sacred Valley and Cusco (Santo Domingo Monastery tour).
- Follows a charter flight Cusco to Quito: (local restaurant dinner) and Quito touring on the next day. On day 10 of this itinerary you'll fly from Quito to Baltra island for embarkation.
- The Galapagos small ship cruise portion offers visiting the following islands in this archipelago: Floreana (day 11), Espanola (day 12), San Cristobal (day 13, farewell cocktail on the boat). On the next day there's a flight from the San Cristobal Island to Quito (farewell dinner, next day is the flight back home).
Isabela 2 Galapagos cruise deals
Avalon Isabela II Galapagos cruise deals are inclusive of:
- Door-to-door pick-up by car (within 75 ml / 120 km of your airport, flights from Heathrow (London); all internal flights, transfers. local port charges, airport taxes.
- All hotel stays. On Itinerary 1 - Quito (Swissotel Hotel) and in Galapagos (Finch Bay Eco Hotel). On Itinerary 2 (Peru) - staying in Casa Andina Private Collection hotels (in Lima, Sacred Valley and Cisco), at the Sumaq Hotel (in Machu Picchu) and Swissotel (in Quito).
- All meals. American breakfast is served daily. On Itinerary 1 - a total of six lunches and seven 3-course dinners (including the Quito's welcome dinner and 1 farewell onboard dinner). On Itinerary 2 - a total of eight lunches and ten 3-course dinners (including the Lima's welcome dinner and the Quito's farewell dinner). The International cuisine features traditional Ecuadorian entrees, complimentary regional wines (all onboard dinners), coffee, tea and bottled water on the ship are also complimentary.
- Isabela II Galapagos cruise prices are also inclusive of all multimedia lectures (provided daily by multilingual professional guides). The yacht's staff list also includes 3 Naturalist Guides (including an Expedition Director). Culture/entertainment (nightly) options are performances by local entertainers and artisans and the ship's stargazing enrichment program. "Young Pirates" is the ship's land and sea kids program (ages 7 - 12 years old), featuring special kids menus, games, kids-only themed tours.
- Also included in the fares are all the guided tours and excursions (island walks, kayaking and snorkeling). Internet access is also free of charge (max 30 min pp per session, satellite connection).
- Snorkeling equipment - also complimentary, including different sizes wetsuits ( 1/8") for men, women and kids.
All Isabela staterooms are outside, air-conditioned, with private bathrooms and safes. The ship has one Master Suite (170 ft2), 16 Classic Staterooms and 2 Standard Rooms (129 ft2), as well as one Standard of 139 ft2.
Staterooms - Types/Categories/Sizes (high to low)
- 1x Master Suite - (MS, size 170 ft2 / 16 m2).
- 16x Classic Staterooms (cat CC, with twin beds), and 2x Standard Rooms (with 1 double bed) - sizes 129 ft2 / 12 m2), and 1x Standard of 139 ft2 / 13 m2.
- cabins (port hole window, cat B, U, M) - size 124 ft2 / 11,5 m2.
- MV Isabella 2 ship is fully air-conditioned, all staterooms have private bathrooms (showers, hairdryers. Occupancy is 2 guests per room.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
All meals are included in Isabela II Galapagos cruise deals. American breakfast is offered daily. Dinner is a 3-course experience. The International cuisine features complimentary regional wines, traditional Ecuadorian entrees, tea, coffee and bottled water, also complimentary.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Sailing to the Galapagos Islands onboard the unique Isabela II goes beyond the traditional cruising experience. Such an expeditionary approach allows passengers to discover the natural wonders of the region. MV Isabela II features elegant atmosphere which lets guests enjoy the Galapagos intimate contact with wildlife. Isabela II expert Naturalists and crew share their love for nature. MV Isabela II features an exercise room, Jacuzzi, outdoor lounge, as well as an observation platform for whale and dolphin watching on ship’s top deck. The bar and lounge are elegantly appointed. So is the well-stocked reading room.
MV Isabela II wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Time-charter operator Avalon Waterways
- Cabin grades number: 1
- Total number of cabins: 22 (of which 1 Suite, 0 Balcony rooms, 21 Oceanview).
- Boat Deck (3) - Observation lounge (for dolphin and whale watching), Sun Deck Bar area (serving premium spirits), loungers, Jacuzzi, 2x lifeboats, Bridge, Gym room (open 24 hrs).
- Cabin Deck (2) - Staterooms (category CC classic) - x16 twins, x2 double, x1 Standard double.
- Main Deck (1) - Dining Room (open seating buffet), Bar Salon (for video presentations), Gift Shop, Reading Room (with 2 Internet PCs, Natural History Library with books on Galapagos & Ecuador, nature videos), Master Suite.
- mv Isabella II ship's amenities - Galapagos Cruise Tours Director, English-speaking crew (including 3 expert Naturalists and 1 resident physician), top-deck lounge with bar,, complimentary coffee & bottled water, 3 zodiacs (used for ship-to-shore transportation), 1 glass-bottom boat, satellite phone, sea kayaks, automatic pilot system, hydrophone (underwater world exploration).
Other Metropolitan Touring Galapagos cruise ships
MV Isabela II Itineraries 2017
The below listed MV Isabela II cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Small Cruise Lines fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
30 March 2017 11 nights / 12 days, one-way from Callao to Quito
|31 Mar||Departing from Lima (flight)|
|31 Mar||Departing from Cusco, Peru|
|01 Apr||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|02 Apr||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|02 Apr - 03 Apr||Cusco, Peru (Overnight)|
|03 Apr||Cusco, Peru|
|04 Apr||Quito (flight)|
|05 Apr||Quito, Ecuador|
|06 Apr||Quito, Ecuador|
|07 Apr||Quito (flight)|
|07 Apr||Baltra Island, Galapagos|
|07 Apr||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|08 Apr||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|09 Apr||Espanola Island, Galapagos|
|10 Apr||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|11 Apr||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|11 Apr||Arriving in Quito (flight)|
11 May 2017 11 nights / 12 days, one-way from Callao to Quito
|12 May||Departing from Lima (flight)|
|12 May||Departing from Cusco, Peru|
|13 May||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|14 May||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|14 May - 15 May||Cusco, Peru (Overnight)|
|15 May||Cusco, Peru|
|16 May||Quito (flight)|
|17 May||Quito, Ecuador|
|18 May||Quito, Ecuador|
|19 May||Quito (flight)|
|19 May||Baltra Island, Galapagos|
|19 May||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|20 May||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|21 May||Espanola Island, Galapagos|
|22 May||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|23 May||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|23 May||Arriving in Quito (flight)|
22 June 2017 11 nights / 12 days, one-way from Callao to Quito
|23 Jun||Departing from Lima (flight)|
|23 Jun||Departing from Cusco, Peru|
|24 Jun||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|25 Jun||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|25 Jun - 26 Jun||Cusco, Peru (Overnight)|
|26 Jun||Cusco, Peru|
|27 Jun||Quito (flight)|
|28 Jun||Quito, Ecuador|
|29 Jun||Quito, Ecuador|
|30 Jun||Quito (flight)|
|30 Jun||Baltra Island, Galapagos|
|30 Jun||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|01 Jul||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|02 Jul||Espanola Island, Galapagos|
|03 Jul||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|04 Jul||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|04 Jul||Arriving in Quito (flight)|
16 July 2017 10 nights / 11 days, one-way from Santa Cruz Island to Baltra Island
|17 Jul||Departing from Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|18 Jul||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|19 Jul||Espanola Island, Galapagos|
|20 Jul - 21 Jul||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos (Overnight)|
|21 Jul||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|22 Jul||Genovesa Island, Galapagos|
|23 Jul||Santiago Island, Galapagos|
|24 Jul||Fernandina Island, Galapagos|
|24 Jul - 25 Jul||Isabela Island, Galapagos (Overnight)|
|25 Jul||Isabela Island, Galapagos|
|26 Jul||Rabida Island, Galapagos|
|26 Jul||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|27 Jul||Arriving in Baltra Island, Galapagos|
20 July 2017 11 nights / 12 days, one-way from Callao to Quito
|21 Jul||Departing from Lima (flight)|
|21 Jul||Departing from Cusco, Peru|
|22 Jul||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|23 Jul||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|23 Jul - 24 Jul||Cusco, Peru (Overnight)|
|24 Jul||Cusco, Peru|
|25 Jul||Quito (flight)|
|26 Jul||Quito, Ecuador|
|27 Jul||Quito, Ecuador|
|28 Jul||Quito (flight)|
|28 Jul||Baltra Island, Galapagos|
|28 Jul||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|29 Jul||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|30 Jul||Espanola Island, Galapagos|
|31 Jul||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|01 Aug||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|01 Aug||Arriving in Quito (flight)|
17 August 2017 11 nights / 12 days, one-way from Callao to Quito
|18 Aug||Departing from Lima (flight)|
|18 Aug||Departing from Cusco, Peru|
|19 Aug||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|20 Aug||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|20 Aug - 21 Aug||Cusco, Peru (Overnight)|
|21 Aug||Cusco, Peru|
|22 Aug||Quito (flight)|
|23 Aug||Quito, Ecuador|
|24 Aug||Quito, Ecuador|
|25 Aug||Quito (flight)|
|25 Aug||Baltra Island, Galapagos|
|25 Aug||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|26 Aug||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|27 Aug||Espanola Island, Galapagos|
|28 Aug||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|29 Aug||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|29 Aug||Arriving in Quito (flight)|
28 September 2017 11 nights / 12 days, one-way from Callao to Quito
|29 Sep||Departing from Lima (flight)|
|29 Sep||Departing from Cusco, Peru|
|30 Sep||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|01 Oct||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|01 Oct - 02 Oct||Cusco, Peru (Overnight)|
|02 Oct||Cusco, Peru|
|03 Oct||Quito (flight)|
|04 Oct||Quito, Ecuador|
|05 Oct||Quito, Ecuador|
|06 Oct||Quito (flight)|
|06 Oct||Baltra Island, Galapagos|
|06 Oct||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|07 Oct||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|08 Oct||Espanola Island, Galapagos|
|09 Oct||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|10 Oct||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|10 Oct||Arriving in Quito (flight)|
26 October 2017 11 nights / 12 days, one-way from Callao to Quito
|27 Oct||Departing from Lima (flight)|
|27 Oct||Departing from Cusco, Peru|
|28 Oct||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|29 Oct||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|29 Oct - 23:00||Cusco, Peru (Overnight)|
|29 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Cusco, Peru|
|30 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Quito (flight)|
|31 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Quito, Ecuador|
|01 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Quito, Ecuador|
|02 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Quito (flight)|
|02 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Baltra Island, Galapagos|
|02 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|03 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|04 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Espanola Island, Galapagos|
|05 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|06 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|06 Nov||Arriving in Quito (flight)|
09 November 2017 11 nights / 12 days, one-way from Callao to Quito
|10 Nov||Departing from Lima (flight)|
|10 Nov||Departing from Cusco, Peru|
|11 Nov||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|12 Nov||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|12 Nov - 13 Nov||Cusco, Peru (Overnight)|
|13 Nov||Cusco, Peru|
|14 Nov||Quito (flight)|
|15 Nov||Quito, Ecuador|
|16 Nov||Quito, Ecuador|
|17 Nov||Quito (flight)|
|17 Nov||Baltra Island, Galapagos|
|17 Nov||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|18 Nov||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|19 Nov||Espanola Island, Galapagos|
|20 Nov||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|21 Nov||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|21 Nov||Arriving in Quito (flight)|
07 December 2017 11 nights / 12 days, one-way from Callao to Quito
|08 Dec||Departing from Lima (flight)|
|08 Dec||Departing from Cusco, Peru|
|09 Dec||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|10 Dec||Machu Picchu, Peru|
|10 Dec - 11 Dec||Cusco, Peru (Overnight)|
|11 Dec||Cusco, Peru|
|12 Dec||Quito (flight)|
|13 Dec||Quito, Ecuador|
|14 Dec||Quito, Ecuador|
|15 Dec||Quito (flight)|
|15 Dec||Baltra Island, Galapagos|
|15 Dec||Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos|
|16 Dec||Floreana Island, Galapagos|
|17 Dec||Espanola Island, Galapagos|
|18 Dec||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|19 Dec||San Cristobal Island, Galapagos|
|19 Dec||Arriving in Quito (flight)|