MV Santa Cruz II Review and Specifications
Specifications of MV Santa Cruz II
|Builder||ASTILLEROS Y SERVICIOS NAVALES (ASENAV)|
|Speed||13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph|
|Length (LOA)||71 m / 233 ft|
|Beam (width)||13 m / 43 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2664 gt|
|Passengers||90 - 100|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||Mare Australis|
Review of MV Santa Cruz II
Built in 2002, MV Santa Cruz 2 cruise ship was aquired by Metropolitan Touring from Cruceros Australis in 2014. The vessel was formerly named Mare Australis. After its 2015 refurbishment was renamed to "Santa Cruz II".
Santa Cruz II cruise ship itinerary program offers exclusively Galapagos Islands cruises from Baltra Island (Ecuador, South America). Metropolitan Touring Galapagos expedition vacation deals are inclusive of airfare (flights between Quito and Baltra).
Santa Cruz 2 Galapagos cruise itineraries
Santa Cruz II Galapagos Islands itineraries are operated the whole year-round with round-trips from Isla Baltra. Arrivals and departures are to and from Baltra Airport.
- 4-nights / 5-days "Northern Galapagos" itinerary is operated weekly from Monday to Friday. It visits the Galapagos islands Baltra (South Seymour), Las Bachas (lagoons, wildlife - flamingos), Santiago (Buccaneer Cove, wildlife - sea lions, birds; Puerto Egas - snorkeling, swimming), Rabida (swimming), Bartolome (hiking, swimming), Genovesa (wildlife - marine birds), San Cristobal (Puerto Baquerizo Moreno).
- 4-nights / 5-days "Eastern Galapagos" itinerary is operated weekly from Saturday to Wednesday. It visits the Galapagos islands San Cristobal (Punta Pitt), Santa Fe (bay swimming, snorkeling), South Plaza (wildlife - iguanas, marine birds), Santa Cruz (Charles Darwin Research Station), Espanola (Punta Suarez - marine wildlife - iguanas, sea lions, birds; Gardner Bay - glass-bottom boating, snorkeling, swimming).
- 5-nights / 6-days "Western Galapagos" itinerary is operated weekly from Wednesday to Monday. It visits the Galapagos islands Baltra (South Seymour), North Seymour, Isabela (Punta Vicente Roca, Tagus Cove), Fernandina (Punta Espinosa, Urbina Bay), Santa Cruz (Charles Darwin Research Station), Floreana (Post Office Bay, Punta Cormorant).
Santa Cruz 2 Galapagos cruise prices
The following Santa Cruz II cruise prices are indicative, depending on the cabin location:
- Horizon Deck (triple) - 5-days (USD 3200), 6-days (USD 4000)
- Horizon Deck (double) - 5-days (USD 3400), 6-days (USD 4250)
- Horizon Deck (single) - 5-days (USD 4650), 6-days (USD 5800) - only 2 single-occupancy rooms are available
- Expedition Deck (double) - 5-days (USD 3550), 6-days (USD 4450)
- Panorama Deck (double) - 5-days (USD 3650), 6-days (USD 4550)
- Panorama Deck Suite (double) - 5-days (USD 4150), 6-days (USD 5150) - only 3 Suite accommodations are available
MV Santa Cruz II wiki
Year built 2002 (as Mare Australis)
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 90 (100 max) / 50
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 2,665 tons / 236 ft (72 m)
Flag State (registered in) Ecuador
Ship builder ASENAV (Chile)
Building cost USD - mill
Ship owner and Operator Metropolitan Touring (small cruise lines)
Christened by -
Official website link metropolitan-touring.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com