Queen of the West Review and Specifications
Specifications of Queen of the West
|Builder||Nichols Brothers Boat Builders (Freeland, Washington USA)|
|Owner||American Cruise Lines Inc|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||71 m / 233 ft|
|Beam (width)||15 m / 49 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2100 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of Queen of the West
The paddlewheeler Queen of the West riverboat cruises on Columbia and Snake rivers, departing from Portland (Oregon) and Clarkston (Washington).
Launched in 1995, Queen of the West cruise ship is America flagged, and offers 7-day cruises in the USA Pacific Northwest while following the route of Clark and Lewis. She's 230-foot long, four-decks high and carries 120 passengers. The ship's all-American crew and staff provides a most personalized service. The boat was built for American West Steamboat Company, and later sold to Majestic America Line. In 2009 was sold to American Cruise Lines, and extensively renovated in 2011. This American Cruise Lines riverboat features spacious staterooms, and most of them have private balconies. They all have opening picture windows with a private view and individual climate control. DVD player, satellite TV and complimentary Wi-Fi are a plus in all staterooms. The vessel's sister by design is Queen of the Mississippi (cruising on Ohio and Mississippi rivers in the Southern USA). Both ships have stern-mounted paddlewheel (20-ton). It is driven by a hydraulic motor, powered by diesel engines. The ships are easily navigated by a couple of Z-drive units providing more maneuverability and higher cruising speed than typical riverboats.
Queen of the West cruise prices are per person (USD) and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative American Cruise Lines riverboat cruise rates. They might be different when you book your USA river cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. The Queen of the West ship offers 7-night itineraries on an authentic paddlewheeler cruises in the USA Pacific Northwest. Although the oldest in the fleet, this riverboat was extensively refurbished in 2011 so it's basically a new ship combining traditional American river travel experiences with modern technologies and amenities. Sailings are operated with departures from the ports of Portland OR and Clarkston WA.
Queen of the West wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Paddlewheel weight 20 tons
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 74 (of which 6 Suite, 39 Balcony, 29 River-view /non-opening windows).
- Restaurants, Lounges & Bars: Lewis & Clark (dining room), Mt Hood Lounge (shows), Paddlewheel Lounge (observation), Mark Twain Library, Sun Deck - Promenade, Calliope Lounge (observation) and Calliope Bar & Grill (fastfood), shaded seating, rocking chairs, live calliope music.
- Queen of the West cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, flight and coach transfers, live evening entertainment, daily expert lecturers, wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water, room-service (twice daily).
- The Queen of the West riverboat cruises on Columbia and Snake rivers in the US Pacific Northwest. The boat is a traditional sternwheeler (paddlewheeler), and the oldest ship in the American Cruise Lines fleet. One of the vessel's special features is the 45ft (14m)-long bow ramp allowing guests to go ashore anywhere along the river route. The boat has a 3-story-high paddlewheel, powered by a modern propulsion system that uses biodegradable hydraulic oil. Most of the guests are senior Americans, few families/children.
- This vessel, by its paddleweel riverboat cruise ship design is similar to American Eagle and Queen of the Mississippi (both from American Cruise Lines fleet), and to American Empress and American Queen (both of the American Steamboat Company's fleet).
- The 2011 refurbishment included refitting of staterooms (expanding the size of cabins, individual climate control, stationary, closet, 4-drawer dresser; adding more balconies - now 60% of all accommodations), lounges renovations (custom built furniture, new interior decor), also reconstruction of the galley and the engine room.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Queen of the West related cruise news
American Cruise Lines will move one of its paddlewheelers to Columbia and Snake Rivers, Pacific Northwest, thus doubling capacity on the flourishing...August 4, 2015