RV Cruiseco Explorer Review and Specifications
Specifications of RV Cruiseco Explorer
|Year built||2014 / Age : 4|
|Class||Irrawaddy river cruiser|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||57 m / 187 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Passengers||28 - 58|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of RV Cruiseco Explorer
RV Cruiseco Explorer cruise ship was launched in 2014. The riverboat cruises on Irrawaddy River / Upper Irrawaddy and Chindwin rivers in Myanmar (Burma). The ship was hand-finished by traditional craftsmen and provides the highest level of luxury amenities. The ship has one fleetmate - RV Cruiseco Adventurer (operating on Mekong River in Vietnam and Cambodia).
The vessel carries no more than 58 passengers amid premium accommodation, relaxed ambience, local entertainment and enticing cuisine featuring tasty local produce, attentively served by a local crew dedicated to providing five-star service.
All cabins and suites aboard Cruiseco Explorer are fitted with intercom phones, air conditioning, writing desk, chairs, mini-safe, wardrobe, luggage storage, hairdryers, kimono, slippers, en-suite shower and WC facilities.
Cruiseco is a pioneer in river cruises in Burma and, with the launch of Cruiseco Explorer, it promises to take guests into the heart of a glorious history. Highlights of the voyage include thousands of stupas dotting Bagan Plain, a visit to Shwedagon Pagoda, strolling along the 200-yo U Bein Bridge, exploring Kandawagyi Park - one of the greenest areas in central Yangon.
A voyage on Cruiseco Explorer includes 7-night luxury river sailing, all meals and drinks onboard (local beers, spirits and soft drinks all day, wine with lunch and dinner), gratuities, all shore excursions with English speaking guides, transfers to Cruiseco Explorer at the beginning and end of cruise.
Cruiseco Irrawaddy River cruise itinerary (Burma)
- DAY 1 "MANDALAY, AMARAPURA") starts with bus transfer from Mandalay Hill Resort to Gawein Jett, witha stop at Amarapura (Myanmar's former capital). The city tour visits U Bein Bridge and Mahagandayon monastery. Follows embarkation on RV Cruiseco Explorer ship. There is a welcome event (drinks and lunch) served in the Orwell Lounge. Follow night cruising towards Yandabo.
- DAY 2 (YANDABO) morning, arrival in Yandabo (pottery village, local school and monastery visits), follows downstream afternoon cruising, stop at Shwe Pyi Thar village, onboard dinner and show (Burmese Puppet performance on the sun deck).
- DAY 3 (BAGAN) - full-day tour to Bagan's temples and pagodas, onboard lunch, afternoon tour to the temples, evening, onboard champagne toast and dinner or local restaurant dinner.
- DAY 4 ("BAGAN, TAN KYI MOUNTAIN") visting Bagan’s markets (wood carvings, fabrics, rattan products), optional horse cart ride tour or balloon flight over Bagan. Follow onboard lunch, downstream cruising to Tan Kyi village, jeep tour.
- DAY 5 ("SALAY, MAGWE") morning arrival in Salay, tour to Youqson Kyaung monastery, return to the cruise ship for lunch, cruising to Magwe, late afternoon visit of Myat Than Lun Paya pagoda.
- DAY 6 (THAYETMYO) - downstream cruising to Thayetmyo town (local market, Burma's oldest golf course, British colonial architecture)
- DAY 7 (PYAY) - early morning arrival in Pyay, bus travel to Thayekhittaya and Pyu, visiting Shwesandaw Pagoda complex
- DAY 8 ("PYAY, YANGON") after the onboard breakfast follows disembarkation in Pyay and bus transfer (approx 6,5 hours travel time) to Chatrium Hotel (Yangon / Rangoon).
Cruiseco Line's Burma river cruise deals are inclusive of:
- 7 night cruising on Cruiseco Explorer
- all onboard meals
- all onboard drinks (local tap beers, local spirits and soft drinks throughout the day, wine by the glass with lunch and dinner)
- all shore excursions / tours with English speaking local guides
- Shipboard gratuities
- Bus transfers to and from the Cruiseco Explorer ship.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.