RV Indochine Review and Specifications
Specifications of RV Indochine
|Owner||Compagnie Fluviale du Mekong|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||50 m / 164 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||900 gt|
|Passengers||24 - 48|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of RV Indochine
The Indochine boat cruises on Mekong River in Vietnam and Cambodia (Southeast Asia), departing from Siem Reap and Saigon (officially named Ho Chi Minh City), and also from Hanoi.
The CroisiEurope Indochine ship has 24 passenger cabins (equally sized at 172 ft2 / 16 m2). On both cabin decks (Main and Upper) staterooms are with large Picture windows (non-opening) overlooking the boat's promenade deck areas. However, none of the cabins opens onto the deck. As amenities, each stateroom has private bathroom (WC, sink, shower cabin), satellite TV, radio, phone (only for internal calls), hairdryer, personal safe, individual air-conditioning. The ship's amenities and facilities include a lounge (with a dance floor and its own bar), a dining room restaurant, living room lounge with a bar, sundeck relaxation area (with shaded seating), gift shop, library. The provided by CroisiEurope gourmet dining options on the ship, along with the organized tours in Cambodia and Vietnam allow the Indochine's guests to sample the local traditional Khmer cuisine along the Mekong cruise itinerary routes. Traditional Apsara dance performances on the ship are offered in the evenings as one of the line's themed-entertainment options.
CroisiEurope Mekong River cruise itineraries
The Indochine's Mekong cruise itineraries in Cambodia and Vietnam feature the exotic scenery of the Angkor temples region and the Halong Bay. Among the highlights of the complimentary Vietnam and Cambodia excursions are:
- Hanoi (day 1, with 1-night luxury hotel stay) - a day-long guided city tour visits Ba Dinh Square, One Pillar Pagoda, Temple of Literature, town restaurant lunch, old city tour by electric mini-bus or rickshaw-cab, Hoan Kiem Lake.
- Hanoi (day 2) - morning excursion to Halong Bay - includes ~4 hours bus travel, luxury junk boat cruising, visiting a floating fishing village
- Hạ Long Bay (day 3) - morning Tai Chi class on the boat, Halong Bay cruising, a cave visit, disembarkation, bus travel back to Hanoi, 1-night luxury hotel stay, Khmer water puppet show, city restaurant dinner.
- Hanoi (day 4) - flight to Saigon, town restaurant lunch, afternoon guided city tour, transfer and boarding the Indochine ship (welcome aboard cocktail, dinner, overnight stay).
- Saigon (day 5) - shopping tour to Cholon (local market, Thien Hau Pagoda), ship lunch, afternoon tour to the Museum of Vietnamese History and a local workshop, free time (for souvenir shopping), boarding the ship and cruising towards Cho Gao Canal.
- Mekong Delta (day 6) - Cho Gao Canal cruising to My Tho (morning arrival), visiting the Thoi Son island (food tasting - honey and fruits), sampan boat cruising, boarding the ship for lunch, cruising to Cai Be Vinh Long and Sa Dec.
- Sa Dec (day 7) - guided tour (visits flower gardens, local markets), re-boarding the ship, cruising towards Chau Doc (border city between Vietnam and Cambodia), afternoon arrival, small boats cruising to a local fish farm, back to Chau Doc, visiting the Ba Chua Xu and Tay An temples, ship dinner.
- Chau Doc (day 8, Cambodia cruise route) - a day-long cruising towards Phnom Penh (afternoon arrival), tuk tuk tricycle ride, ship dinner, overnight stay.
- Phnom Pehn (day 9) - guided city tour visits Silver Pagoda, Royal Palace, National Museum, town restaurant lunch, afternoon tour to Tuol Svay Prey School, free time for market shopping, evening Khmer dancing and music performance on the ship, overnight stay.
- (day 10) - cruising to Koh Chen (silver and copper arts and crafts village), visiting a private school, ship lunch, cruising to Kampong Tralach and Vihara (Wat Kampong Tralach Leu pagoda), evening cruising towards Kampong Chhnang.
- Kampong Chhnang (day 11) - food tasting, a pottery workshop and a floating village visit via small boats, re-boarding the ship for lunch, cruising to Tonle Sap lake, farewell onboard cocktail and dinner formal events.
- Siem Reap (day 12) - Tonle Sap lake cruising to Siem Reap (late morning arrival), ship lunch, luxury hotel stay. A guided tour visits the temple Angkor Wat.
- Siem Reap (day 13) - guided tour visits the temples Banteay Srei and Ta Prohm, town restaurant lunch, afternoon excursion to the Angkor Thom temples complex, Khmer dance performance in the evening, “Angkor Night Market” stroll.
- Siem Reap (day 14) - guided tour visits the Senteurs d'Angkor market. Follows the hotel lunch and check-out.
The other CroisiEurope cruise boats on Mekong river are Indochine II, Lan Diep, Toum Tiou and Toum Tiou II. Indochine Mekong cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative CroisiEurope cruise rates. They might be different when you book your CroisiEurope Mekong cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Know, that CroisiEurope cruises on Mekong are price-inclusive of all beverages (coffee, tea, bottled water, also soda drinks and beer at lunches and dinners) and also of all the guided tours and excursions ashore. However, all local transfers, as well as the international flights to and from Siem Reap Cambodia are also excluded from the fares.
RV Indochine itineraries
ms Indochine ship operates luxury Mekong Delta cruises in Vietnam and Cambodia. The itineraries are one-way, operated year-round with departures from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) and Siem Reap. Follows the list of Indochine cruise itineraries officially announced by the CroisiEurope line:
- "From the Angkor Temples to the Mekong Delta" is an 11-days (sailing 9 days) Mekong cruise from Siem Reap to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) with embarkation in Siem Reap and included 3-nights hotel stay.
- Note: The 9-day Mekong cruise itinerary segment is the route from Siem Reap to Saigon /Ho Chi Minh City, and the reverse Saigon to Siem Reap.
RV Indochine wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 2
- Total number of cabins: 24 (all Suites)
- Restaurants: Dining Room
- Lounges & Bars: Panoramic Lounge (show/enrichment program, Library, Bar), Lobby (embarkation area, Gift Shop), Spa / Massage, top-deck bar lounge, sundeck (shaded seating observation area).
- RV Indochine Mekong cruise deals are inclusive of soft drinks and alcohol (local beers) with lunch and dinner, unlimited coffee/tea and mineral water.
- Unlike most CroisiEurope deals, guests on the Mekong river ship Indochine are not additionally charged for tours and excursions ashore. There are a total of 11 complimentary excursions in Cambodia and Vietnam (lead by local tour guides) included in the fares.
- There is a 3-night luxury Siem Reap hotel package included in the fares. However, boat transfers and flights to and from Cambodia are not price-inclusive.
- The amount of expected gratuities is Euro 30 (for tipping local guides, bus drivers, the ship captain).
- Vietnam and Cambodia cruises on Mekong River operated by other lines are offered on Viking Mekong, Scenic Spirit, (Travelmarvel) La Marguerite, (AmaWaterways) AmaDara and AmaLotus, Avalon Siem Reap and Uniworld River Orchid.
Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- All-suite ship with all-outside cabins (size are 170 ft2 / 16 m2) with large windows.
- All cabins have 2 lower beds (can be put together); large storage space, private bathrooms with shower; individual climate control, hairdryer; safe; vanity tables. complimentary bottled water. Bathrobes and towels are provided.
- All staterooms are with an outside veranda looks, but don't open onto the deck.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.