River Countess Review and Specifications
Specifications of River Countess
|Builder||Shipyard De Hoop (Holland)|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Passengers||66 - 132|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of River Countess
The Uniworld River Countess boat cruises on Po River departing from Venice, Italy.
River Countess cruise ship was remodeled completely in 2012, combining the latest innovations and quality craftsmanship. The first-class hotels and all excursions with English-speaking guides and audio headphones are included in cruise fares. River Countess was chosen for one of the "Top Small Cruise Ships" in the world. All River Countess 67 cabins are outside, maintained by attentive service twice a day, and 22 of them have French balconies. The suites are four and have extra amenities: a bottle of wine on guests' arrival, daily cookie and fruit plate, DVD, larger sitting area, refrigerator, continental breakfast, morning tea and coffee, free laundry and shoe shine services. The cruises focus on exploration tours and cultural enrichment programs. Nordic walking sticks and bicycles for on-shore activities are provided. Family-friendly programs are offered on select dates.
River Countess river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Uniworld Italy cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Uniworld Po River cruise only or cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Uniworld offers air-inclusive cruise deals and pre/post cruise hotel packages as extensions (at additional cost).
River Countess wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 6
- Total number of cabins: 66 (of which 4 Suite)
- Restaurants: Savoy Restaurant (Main dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Il Castillo Lounge (featuring a dance floor and full-service Bar), Captain's Lounge & Library (full-service bar), Patio Lounge, Osteria Siena Sky Lounge
- Sun Deck (chessboard, shuffleboard), Serenity Spa, Fitness Center, sauna, 24-hour specialty tea and coffee bar, laundry, boutique, elevator, 24-hour reception service, free Internet/Wi-Fi access.
- In April 2013, Uniworld launched their Po river cruises in Italy and aimed to be the most luxurious company in operation on the Italian river. The line succeeded with the freshly remodeled riverboat River Countess, which, after 10 years of service, underwent a total transformation in 2012 at the cost of more than $5 million. The Countess was re-designed by a team of Red Carnation Hotels (sister company of Uniworld). Of the same class are the Uniworld boats Ambassador, Baroness, Duchess, Empress, Princess, Queen and Royale.
- All riverview suites and standard staterooms are with handcrafted UK-made Savoir beds and top-luxury bedding sets. All the Rhine Deck’s cabins are with French balconies. Additional ship amenities include complimentary use of Nordic walking sticks and bicycles on all Uniworld cruises’ shore excursions.
- Due to the boat's unique itineraries in Italy, some shore excursions (for example, to Verona, Ravenna, Bologna, Padua) require bus travel of 1-2 hours. This means less cruising time than on an average sailing.
- The River Countess ship cruises on Po River in Italy. Itineraries include 3-day round-trips from Venice (Venezia), and also one-ways leaving from Milan and Rome to Venice. This is the only Uniworld ship in this country. Another major European river cruise line's ship in Italy is the CroisiEurope's Michelangelo.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.