River Orchid Review and Specifications
Specifications of River Orchid
|Owner||TravCorp-Uniworld & Pandaw Expeditions|
|Length (LOA)||51 m / 167 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||856 gt|
|Passengers||29 - 58|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of River Orchid
The Uniworld River Orchid boat cruises on Mekong River departing from Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.
River Orchid cruise ship offers French Colonial style and provides her guests with authentic cruising experiences along the beautiful Mekong River. This intimate river boat carries up to 58 guests, and assures the best personalized service. River Orchid staterooms have French doors opening to a shared promenade. Staterooms' amenities include a vanity, plenty of storage space, individual AC and bottled water. Relax on the River Orchid Sun deck with a cup of complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks, select spirits or draught beer throughout the day. You'll become familiar with the culture and history of the region after attending informative lectures by the tour managers. Orchid meals provide various culinary options.
River Orchid river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Uniworld Asia cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Uniworld Mekong River cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Uniworld offers air-inclusive cruise deals and pre/post cruise hotel packages as extensions (at additional cost).
River Orchid wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 29 (of which 2 Suite)
- Restaurants: Panoramic Restaurant (Main dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Lecture & Movie Room
- Sun Deck (full-service bar), Spa (massage treatments), boutique
- Charted by Uniworld in Asia, River Orchid (rv Bassac Pandaw) is a Colonial-style Mekong river cruise boat sailing throughout Vietnam and Cambodia. Local guides are assigned to every 20 passengers to accompany guests to village tours. The Uniworld's Mekong river cruising experience on the boat and onshore features local guest entertainers, home-hosted meals, meetings with residents, traditional Khmer dances performed by Cambodian children.
- All the ship's staterooms are outside and have a river view. Staterooms on Middle and Upper decks have large opening windows.
- River Orchid Mekong Itineraries highlights include tours of Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), Phnom Penh (Cambodia), Angkor Wat (Siem Reap, Cambodia), famous historical sites dedicated to Buddha.
- Other major Asia river cruise lines' ships operating in the Vietnam and Cambodia region are (AmaWaterways) AmaDara and AmaLotus, Viking Mekong, Scenic Spirit, (CroisiEurope) Indochine and Indochine II, (Travelmarvel) La Marguerite.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.