River Tosca Review and Specifications
Specifications of River Tosca
Review of River Tosca
The Uniworld River Tosca boat cruises on Nile River in Egypt, departing from Cairo (Luxor round-trip, with included flights and Cairo hotel packages). This Nile cruise ship is operated by the UNIWORLD's Egypt-based subsidiary company "Insight Tours".
River Tosca cruise ship
MS River Tosca cruise ship is a stylish Nile riverboat which offers most spacious staterooms which are all in Suite-cabin categories. Among the newest ships on river Nile, Tosca features a modern design, floor-to-ceiling windows in cabins and all public areas, full-service bars, a stylish lounge and a swimming pool-whirlpools area on its sun deck. Like on most Nile cruises, Uniworld deals include Cairo pre- and post cruise hotel stays with organized tours. Their main purpose is for guests to recover from jet lag after the aircraft travel to Egypt, and of course, to tour the Pyramids. The Uniworld company arranges for its Egypt cruise passengers to stay at either Cairo Marriott Hotel (on Zamalek Island) or at the Four Seasons Hotel (Nile Plaza, Garden City). Being among the top-luxury hotels in Cairo, both Marriott and Four Seasons attract a mix of wealthy local residents, as well as visitors from Middle East countries and many business people from around the world. The land tour itinerary starts on the next morning, when you will meet the Uniworld's local staff and your fellow passengers. Most of the pyramid tours additionally offer stops at Memphis (the Old Kingdom's capital) and Saqqara, featuring the Djoser's Step Pyramid and the Giza pyramids. These excursions are always guided by a local, Egyptology-trained expert guide provided by the Uniworld company, who will be with you along the entire trip. Among the Cairo tour itinerary highlights are the Citadel (with the Alabaster Mosque built during the Ottoman times) and the Egyptian Museum (artifacts regarding an over 4500 years of history).
River Tosca ship
|Year built||2009||MMSI number Callsign code Flag State (registered in)||na na Egypt|
|Passenger capacity Crew capacity Gross tonnage weight LOA length||82 60 1,340 tons 235 ft (72 m)||Ship builder Owner Operator||na (Egypt) Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection Insight Tours|
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
River Tosca river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Uniworld Egypt cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Uniworld Nile River cruise only or cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Uniworld offers air-inclusive deals and pre/post cruise hotel packages as extensions (at additional cost).
River Tosca itinerary
The ship's round-trip itinerary (named "Splendors of Egypt and the Nile") starts from Cairo (Port Said overnight stay), with included 2 overnight stays in a Cairo hotel and 2 flights in Egypt (to and from Luxor). The list of ports includes:
- day 1 - flight Cairo to Luxor - Temple of Karnak excursion, boarding the ship in Dendera (Cocktail Reception, Gala Dinner)
- day 2 - Dendera - Temple of Hathor excursion, Temple of Luxor tour
- day 3 - Luxor - guided excursions to Colossi of Memnon, Hatshepsut Temple and the Valley of the Kings, Galabeya evening party on the ship
- day 4 - Aswan - excursion to Kom Ombro temple (aka Komombro), boat ride for bird watching, "belly dancing" evening performance on the ship
- day 5 - Aswan - Aswan Dam tour, excursion to Philae Temple complex, cruising to Edfu, felucca boat cruise on Nile, Old Cataract Aswan Hotel (afternoon tea), Nubian (traditional live music) evening show on the ship
- day 6 - Aswan, Kom Ombo, Edfu - Abu Simbel temples (optional excursion, free-time exploration)
- day 7 - Edfu - Temple of Horus excursion, cruising to Luxor
- day 8 - Luxor - disembarkation, flight to Cairo, hotel check, Giza pyramids "Sound & Light " evening show.
- The list of offered Egypt Nile excursions (all guided by an expert Egyptologist) along the itinerary includes visiting: Temple of Hathor, Temple of Luxor, Colossi of Memnon, Hatshepsut Temple, Valley of the Kings, Kom Ombro Temple, felucca boat rides, Aswan High Dam, Philae Temples, Old Cataract Aswan Hotel (relaxation with afternoon tea service), Abu Simbel Temples, Temple of Horus. Also included in the prices are onboard live performances (music and dancing) in the evenings.