Safari Quest Review and Specifications
Specifications of Safari Quest
|Builder||Shear Yachts (Detroit, Michigan USA)|
|Owner||InnerSea Discoveries Alaska Inc|
|Speed||10 kn / 19 kph / 12 mph|
|Length (LOA)||37 m / 121 ft|
|Beam (width)||8 m / 26 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||345 gt|
|Passengers||16 - 22|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of Safari Quest
Safari Quest is owned and operated by the based in Seattle Un-Cruise Adventures company. The ship was built in 1992 by “Shear Yachts” Ship building and was last refurbished in 2013.
History - construction & ownership
The 345-ton, 22-passenger cruise ship Safari Quest has a navy blue hull and offers refined atmosphere, just like all other Un-Cruise Adventures ships – the expedition-style cruising is combined with luxury.
Cruise itinerary program
MS Safari Quest schedule calendar includes Alaska cruises departing from Juneau.
MS Safari Quest has only 11 cabins, all of which are ocean-view, and have private heated bathrooms. The Balcony Suites are four.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
The Safari Quest has an intimate salon, Wine Library, and inviting dining room that encourage mingling among guests.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The Un-Cruise Quest ship easily visits areas that bigger ships cannot and offers adventure equipment including paddle boards, kayaks, inflatable skiffs, hydrophone and underwater camera (linked to yacht’s lounge and stateroom TVs). The spa area includes an on-deck hot tub (Alaska only), fitness equipment, sauna and complimentary massage.
Safari Quest wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 11 (of which all are Oceanview, 4 Balcony Suites).
- Restaurants and food bars: Dining Room.
- Lounges & Bars: Sun Lounge, Lounge, Bar.
- Spa area (with jacuzzi, sauna, massage, fitness equipment, yoga classes), kayaks, paddle boards, expedition gear, bow viewing area, swim step and kayak launching platform, underwater camera, library.
- The 22-guest Safari Quest cruise ship is a small yacht sailing to off-the-beaten-path regions. The captain often changes the itinerary route to take advantage of passenger interests or wildlife viewing opportunities.
- All Un-Cruise Adventures’ ships boast navy blue hulls and refined atmosphere. Safari Quest is best choice expedition cruise ship for those who like adventure-style cruising and activities, combined with luxury on board. Passengers tend to be well-heeled, in their 40s or older Americans, who enjoy the intimate experience this motor yacht provides.
- Safari Quest ship's adventure equipment includes stand-up paddle boards and kayaks; inflatable skiffs; hiking poles; hydrophone (for listening to sounds below surface). The bow-mounted underwater camera is linked to the yacht's lounge and to all cabin TVs.
- The other Un-Cruise "Safari" ships are Endeavour, Explorer and Voyager.
- Un-Cruise Adventures (formerly American Safari Cruises) is an USA-based, wholly-owned cruise company, a subsidiary of InnerSea Discoveries Alaska. In 2013, the American Safari Cruises line was renamed to "Un-Cruise Adventures".. Currently the cruise company has 2 headquarters - main headquarters in Seattle WA and second in Juneau AK.