Safari Voyager Review and Specifications
Specifications of Safari Voyager
|Flag state||St Kitts & Nevis|
|Builder||Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland USA)|
|Owner||Mukilteo Maritime Contractors|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||53 m / 174 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1195 gt|
|Passengers||60 - 66|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||Temtress Voyager, Sea Voyager|
Review of Safari Voyager
Safari Voyager is owned and operated by the based in Seattle Un-Cruise Adventures company. The ship was built in 1982 by “Chesapeake Shipbuilding” and was last refurbished in 2015. In July 2016, AdventureSmith Explorations announced the addition of the renovated Safari Voyager to its fleet of the world’s premier small ships.
History - construction & ownership
The 1,195-ton, 66-passenger cruise ship Safari Voyager has a navy blue hull and offers refined atmosphere, just like all other Un-Cruise Adventures ships – the expedition-style cruising is combined with luxury. Safari Voyager cruise ship is the perfect size to explore Baja California and Mexico’s Sea of Cortes (“the aquarium of the world”)
Cruise itinerary program
MS Safari Voyager schedule calendar includes Mexico’s Sea of Cortes round-trip cruises departing from San Jose del Cabo. In 2016-2017 the cruise ship explores the shorelines of Panama and Costa Rica.
MS Safari Voyager has only 33 cabins, all of which are ocean-view, and have private heated bathrooms.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
The Safari Voyager has an intimate salon, Wine Library, and inviting dining room that encourage mingling among guests. All meals are included, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary in the main dining room and Voyager’s Lounge.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The Un-Cruise Voyager ship easily visits areas that bigger ships cannot and offers adventure equipment including paddle boards, kayaks, inflatable skiffs, hydrophone and underwater camera (linked to yacht’s lounge and stateroom TVs).
Safari Voyager wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 6
- Total number of cabins: 33 (of which all are Oceanview).
- For more information on facilities and cabins see the review of Safari Voyager deck plans at CruiseShipDeckPlan.com.
- Restaurants and food bars: Dining Room.
- Lounges & Bars: Sun Deck, Lounge, Bar.
- Fitness equipment, massage, kayaks, paddle boards, expedition gear, bow viewing area, swim step and kayak launching platform, underwater camera, library.
- Safari Voyager cruise ship is an expedition type vessel. Its adventure equipment includes stand-up paddle boards and kayaks; inflatable skiffs; hiking poles; hydrophone (for listening to sounds below surface). The bow-mounted underwater camera is linked to the shipt's lounge and also to all the cabin TVs.
- This ship is best choice for those who like expedition-style cruising and activities, combined with luxury on board. All meals are included in the fares, as well as the alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks - complimentary in both main dining room and in the Lounge. All Un-Cruise ships feature navy blue hulls.
- The other Un-Cruise "Safari" ships are Endeavour, Explorer and Quest.
- Safari Voyager cruises in the the regions of Baja California and Sea of Cortes (often called "the aquarium of the world").
- Un-Cruise Adventures (formerly American Safari Cruises) is an USA-based, wholly-owned cruise company, a subsidiary of InnerSea Discoveries Alaska. In 2013, the American Safari Cruises line was renamed to "Un-Cruise Adventures".. Currently the cruise company has 2 headquarters - main headquarters in Seattle WA and second in Juneau AK.
Safari Voyager related cruise news
Over 230 cruise ship transits are currently booked for Panama Canal during the 2016-17 cruise season, which starts October 4 with the transit of...September 18, 2016
The small-ship expedition cruise line Un-Cruise Adventures released its 2016 itineraries, heading south. The new voyages are highlighted by...June 10, 2015
Other Un-Cruise Adventures cruise ships
Safari Voyager Itineraries 2017
The below listed Safari Voyager cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Un-Cruise Adventures fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|26 Mar||Departing from Puntarenas, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica|
|27 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Curu, Costa Rica|
|28 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Manuel Antonio National Park|
|29 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Corcovado National Park|
|30 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Golfo Dulce, Costa Rica|
|31 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Coiba Island, Panama|
|01 Apr 01:00 - 01:00||At Sea (Gulf of Panama)|
|02 Apr||Arriving in Panama City, Fuerte Amador, Balboa|