SuperStar Aquarius Review and Specifications
Specifications of SuperStar Aquarius
|Builder||Chantiers de l'Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 240 million|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Star Cruises (Asia)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||229 m / 751 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||51309 gt|
|Passengers||1750 - 2150|
|Decks with cabins||10|
|Former names||MS Windward, Norwegian Wind|
Review of SuperStar Aquarius
History - construction & ownership
Star Cruises, member of Genting Hong Kong, is the 3rd biggest cruise line in the world, following Carnival Corporation and Royal Caribbean Cruises. The company dominates the Asia-Pacific market. It is owned by Genting Hong Kong, and is listed on the Singapore Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Star Cruises was established as an associate of Genting Group of Malaysia, incorporated on November 10, 1993 in Bermuda, with corporate headquarters in Hong Kong. The first ships of the company were two cruiseferries bought from the bankrupted estate of Swedish Rederi AB Slite. Star Cruises purchased several other used vessels in the following years. In 1998, the company took delivery of its first newbuild, SuperStar Leo. Sister ship SuperStar Virgo followed in 1999. The same year Star Cruises acquired Sun Cruises.
The 51,309-ton, 2,150-passenger cruise ship SuperStar Aquarius debuted in 1993 as "Windward” for Kloster Cruise (now NCL). In 1998 the ship was renamed Norwegian Wind after being lengthened by a 130-ft midsection. In 2007 SuperStar Aquarius was transferred to Star Cruises.
The cruise ships in the fleet of the company are recognized by their funnel design. Star Pisces was the first with such design. Later the cruise company based all of its ships on the Star Pisces' funnel design.
Cruise itinerary program
SuperStar Aquarius itinerary program is based on Asia cruises (to Japan) leaving from Taiwan. The ship is homeported in Keelung (Taipei City) and offers round-trip itineraries to Naha, Ishigaki Island and Miyakojima Island,
SuperStar Aquarius provides a total of 765 staterooms in 18 categories. The largest aboard SuperStar Aquarius are the Owner Suites (708.05 ft2). The suites are equipped with a DVD player, mini fridge and a separate sitting area.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
SuperStar Aquarius is operated as a "freestyle" cruise ship, which means passengers have the choice to dine when, where and with whom they choose. All food presentation is a treat for the eye. Oceana, Mariners, Spices and Dynasty restaurants offer good variety of dining. All meals are included during the voyage at the main dining restaurants.
Follows the complete list of SuperStar Aquarius restaurants and food bars.
- Oceana Barbecue (outdoor international buffet & grilled specials; also the location for welcome and farewell party)
- Spice Restaurant (Halal Restaurant; serves Malaysian cuisine)
- Mariners Restaurant (Buffet-style restaurant, offers International cuisine of high quality with fresh ingredients - a hallmark of Star Cruises)
- Dynasty Restaurant (family-style Chinese restaurant)
- Tai Pan (a la carte Chinese restaurant for more upscale Chinese cuisine)
- Blue Lagoon (serves fast food and snacks).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
A curious fact about Star Cruises' ship SuperStar Aquarius is that on board there is a no-tipping policy, and the highest crew-to-passenger ratio in cruise industry (with 1 staff member for every 2 passengers).
SuperStar Aquarius has to offer many features and activities to her guests. The ship has stylish design and spacious cabins, all expressing the Asian culture and style. Travelers are attracted by the comfortable amenities and activities like playing Mah Jong and watching shows with stunning flexible Chinese acrobats. The ship offers extensive karaoke facilities and private rooms for parties.
Follows the complete list of SuperStar Aquarius lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Star Club; Skyline Karaoke Lounge
- The Health Club; Oscar's Beauty Salon
- Ins' Spa & Sauna
- Star Boutique; Internet Cafe; Card Room
- Lagoon Bar (Wine bar); Tea Corner
- Aquarius Lounge; Champ's Bar
- Video Games Arcade; Child Care Centre
- Genting Palace; Genting Club; Genting Lounge
- Stardust Lounge (Theater)
- Pool Deck, 2 pools, 2 Jacuzzis; 18-hole golf putting range; Sun Deck; Jogging Track.
SuperStar Aquarius wiki
- Having been built in France by Chantiers de l'Atlantique for $240 million, the vessel debuted in 1993 for Kloster Cruise (currently NCL) as "ms Windward". Five years later (1998) she was renamed to "Norwegian Wind" after being lengthened by 130-ft insertion (as midsection). SuperStar Aquarius was transferred to Star Cruises in 2007. She has one sister vessel sailing currently as SuperStar Gemini.
SuperStar Aquarius related cruise news
Star Cruises, the leading Asia-Pacific cruise line, was once again recognized ‘Asia's Leading Cruise Line' at the Gala Ceremony of 2015 World...November 1, 2015
- show more news