Superfast I ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Superfast I ferry
|Year built||2008 / Age : 10|
|Builder||Nuovi Canterie Apuani (Italy)|
|Class||cruise ferry (Ro-Ro ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Bari-Igoumenitsa-Patras|
|Owner||Attica Group (via Attica Ferries Maritime Company)|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||199 m / 653 ft|
|Beam (width)||27 m / 89 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||26000 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Sister-ships||Athena Seaways, Regina Seaways, Victoria Seaways, Forza, Superfast II, Rizhao Orient, Tenacia|
Review of Superfast I ferry
MS Superfast I ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Greece-based company Superfast Ferries. The ship has max capacity of 938 passengers and 783 cars. The vessel was launched in 2008 and currently operates on the Italy-Greece ferry route Bari-Igoumenitsa-Patras (crossing time 16,5 hours).
As cruiseferry, Superfast I has 102 air-conditioned cabins with en-suite bathrooms and a total of 414 berths. The cabins can sleep up to 4 passengers, and are both inside and outside.
The accommodation options include:
- L2 Deluxe-LUX (2-bed / Double Outside) - booking with single occupancy is available (50% supplement on the double occupancy)
- A2 (2-bed / Double Outside) - booking with single occupancy is available (50% supplement on the double occupancy)
- A2 (2-bed / Double Outside)
- AB2 (2-bed / Double Inside)
- A3 (3-bed / Triple Outside)
- AB3 (3-bed / Triple Inside)
- A4-Family (4-bed / Quad Outside)
- AB4-Family (4-bed / Quad Inside)
- DOR (Dormitories / separate sleeping quarters for men and women)
- ATS (Airtype Seats) - the ship additionally offers a spacious Reaserved Seating Area (sized 113 m2 / 1200 ft2) located on Deck 5. This lounge is fitted with a total of 118 recliners (aircraft-type seats aka Pullman seats / fully-reclining leather armchairs).
- All staterooms are fitted with en-suite bathrooms (wash basin, shower and toilet / WC).
- In all cabins, the ferry company provides bed linens, towels and toiletries.
- Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
- Some staterooms can be booked as "Pet Cabins" as they are equipped for passengers traveling with pets (including service dogs). For such passengers, regular staterooms are not offered. Passengers with pets are required book the whole cabin (double / triple / quad capacity). The animals must be in pet cages. Dogs must me leashed and muzzled.
- Pet cabins are 4-bed (Quad) Inside and Outside staterooms. They can be booked as Quads, Triples and Doubles, but not as Singles (can't be booked on per bed basis).
- Single-occupancy requires a 50% supplement (on the respective double occupancy rates).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
As facilities, the Superfast 1 ship offers:
- Deck 5: Restaurant, FLOCAFE Bar, Cafeteria, Driver's Lounge, Lobby Reception, Air Seats (Reserved Seating Lounge), Shop, Casino
- Deck 6: First Aid (Infirmary / Doctor's Office), Cabins
- Deck 7: Wheelhouse (Navigation Bridge), Helicopter Pick Up Area, Cabins
- On the ship's top-deck Heli Deck there is a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
- Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception on Deck 5).
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators / passenger lifts is forbidden.
SUPERFAST ferry cruise deals
- Additional to ferry tickets, the company charges EUR 10 per person per crossing fuel surcharge, only excluding infants. Same charge (EUR 10) per vehicle is also applied. The surcharge may be adjusted when appropriate.
- Ferry prices are inclusive of all Gov taxes and port charges.
- Ferry prices don't include meals or drinks.
- Ferried pets are charged EUR 50 one-way crossing (EUR 100 roundtrip) when traveling in Pet Cabin.
- Ferried pets are charged EUR 20 one-way crossing (EUR 40 roundtrip) when traveling in Kennel.
- Reduction of 30% (discount) is is offered when outbound and inbound tickets are issued at the same time.
- One-way Greece to Italy crossings are charged with oneway ticket rates.
- SeaSmiles is the company's loyalty program. Its membership cards collect points that can be redeemed to free travel, 10% onboard shopping discount, 15% onboard dining discount (a la carte restaurant), as well as bonus points for PURE cabins and PET cabins.
SUPERFAST FERRIES offer the following discount deals:
- 20% with Early Booking (reservations made by the end of February)
- 20% Family Discount (booking 3 or more passengers with or without a vehicle).
- 20% Reserved Seating Family Discount (on reclining seats or Deck seats) for 3 or more family members with or without a vehicle.
- Note: Both family offers are not cumulative with the 50% kids discount.
- 50% Children Discount is offered for kids and teens (aged between 4‐16). Children traveling in cabins must be accompanied by full-fare paying adult(s.
- Kids under 4 travel free of charge as long as they don't occupy a bed or a reserved seat.
- 30% Discount on return crossing fares (passengers and vehicles). This offer is valid only when the roundtrip tickets are issued at the same time.
- 20% Cabin Discount for younger passengers (aged up to 26 and students) traveling in cabins (all categories, except Deluxe), or with vehicles (1st category) or with motorcycles. This offer is valid only on international routes.
- 20% Senior Citizen Discount is offered to passengers aged over 60. This offer is valid on international routes only, for any fare category, with or without vehicle (all categories except vehicles using Camping All Inclusive Service).
- 20% Discount is offered for automobile club members (for both the passengers and the vehicles).
- 30% Ticket Discount is offered on domestic routes - for both passengers and vehicles. The offer is valid only when Adriatic (Italy) and Domestic (Greece) tickets are issued at the same time. Domestic routes include crossings to the Greek Islands in Cyclades, Dodecanese, Northeast Aegean Islands and Crete.
- SUPERFAST FERRIES ticket prices varry by cabin category and vehicle type, and also by season - Low, Middle (early July-late August-early September) and High (late July-early August).
- Ferried Vehicles and Trailers are priced by length - up to 6 m (max height 2 m), up to 8 m (max height 2 m), up to 10 m (height over 2 m) and over 10 m.
- (Onboard Camping) Ferried Motorhomes are priced by length - up to 6 m (max height 2 m), up to 6 m (height over 2 m), up to 8 m (height over 2 m), up to 10 m (height over 2 m) and over 10 m.
Follows a list of car decks (Deck 1-4) related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specificassistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number / stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger loungesis forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship operator SUPERFAST FERRIES (headquartered in Athens, Greece) is a Greek company that operates ultra-modern Ro-Pax (car and passenger) ships with regular, daily scheduled crossings between Italy and Greece. Departures are from homeports Ancona-Bari-Venice and Igoumenitsa-Patras. Company's current fleet includes the ships Superfast I, Superfast II, Superfast XI, Superfast XII.
Superfast I ferry wiki
- This vessel belongs to the so called Courage-Class (Coraggio) - the world's first ever "cruise ferries". They were specifically designed for both freight shipping and high-level passenger services. These ships have cargo capacity about 2620 lanemeters, allowing transportation of 600 cars. The first Courage-Class ferries were with 67 cabins and 112 reserved seats, allowing accommodation of 500 passengers, plus 30 "onboard camping" places for additional 100 passengers. Starting from the 4th unit (Superfast 1), passenger capacity was increased to 1000 via extending the superstructure. The list of onboard facilities features restaurant, self-service cafeteria, piano bar, shops, gaming rooms.
- From this 8-ship series are the cruiseferries Athena Seaways (2006), Rizhao Orient (2007), Tenacia (2007), Superfast 1 (2008), Victoria Seaways (2009), Superfast 2 (2009), Forza (2010) and Regina Seaways (2011).
- Each ship is powered by two WARTSILA marine diesel engines (model 12V46B, total power output 24 MW) and as propulsion has two controllable pitch propellers.
- Superfast 1 was originally scheduled for delivery to Grimaldi Group in November 2008 under the name "Forza". However, the vessel (while still under construction) was sold to Attica Group (SUPERFAST FERRIES' parent company).
- The Superfast I boat was launched on June 12, 2008. It became the Courage-Class first vessel with increased passenger capacity (1000 instead of 600). The ship was officially delivered on October 6, 2008, entering service on the Bari-Igoumenitsa-Patras route on October 10.