Ventura Review and Specifications
Specifications of Ventura
|Builder||FINCANTIERI TRIESTE ITALY|
|Year of built||2008|
|Gross Tonnage||116017 gt|
|Passengers||3106 - 3727|
|Decks with cabins||9|
Review of Ventura
Launched in 2008, Ventura is one of the Grand-class PO cruise ships, together with ms Azura. The ship cost US $700 million to build and was last refurbished in 2013.
History - construction & ownership
P&O Cruises is based at Carnival House in Southampton, UK, operated by Carnival UK and owned by Carnival Corp. & plc. This British-American cruise line was originally a constituent of Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation Company. P and O Cruises is the world's oldest cruise line, having operated the first passenger ships in early 19th century. It is sister company of P&O Cruises Australia. P and O Cruises was de-merged from P&O group in 2000, and became a subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises, which in 2003 merged with Carnival Corp. to form Carnival Corp. & plc. PO Cruises currently operates eight ships with a total guest capacity of 14,970 and 5% market share of worldwide cruise lines. Its most recent ship, mv Britannia, joined the fleet in March 2015.
The 116,017-ton, 3,574-passenger cruise ship Ventura was christened in Southampton on April 16, 2008 by the famous british actress Dame Helen Mirren (assisted by a team of Royal Marine Commandos). The cruise ship is particularly larger - by 30 % than any other vessel in the P&O Cruises fleet. This means there's more room for contemporary facilities, like expanded children-related amenities, recreational opportunities (bungee jumping) and different restaurants. What is more, it is difficult to find any sign of traditional P&O Cruises in the hardware - no card room, nowhere to have a sit in the library, no art auctions (all the pictures are on sale, but showed with the price) and no monotonous teak-and-cream colouring (there's cheery decor and modern artwork instead). The travelers are also distinct; still quite a lot of the retired cruisers that P&O Cruises is known for attracting, but also lots of families with kids.
Cruise itinerary program
Ventura itinerary program is based on cruises from Southampton and Bridgetown, including Caribbean Islands voyages from Barbados; roudtrip sailings from Southampton to Iberia (Portugal & Spain), Mediterranean and Canary Islands; "mini cruises" to Belgium, France and Holland; Transatlantic repositioning crossings.
Most Ventura staterooms are 165-sq.foot Balcony rooms (675). There are a total of 1553 staterooms in 35 categories. The largest aboard Ventura are the Suites (330 ft2).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
The quality of food aboard Ventura is of a high standard for such a big ship. The menus offered in the three main dining rooms change daily, and there is a Gala Menu on formal nights as well, put together by Marco Pierre White. Cinnamon and Saffron (two of the main dining rooms) offer 'Freedom Dining', meaning that guests can turn up anytime between 6:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. and dine where and with whom they like. Bay Tree is the third MDR and offers set-time dining called "Club Dining" by the line. There are 3 specialty restaurants, 2 formal ones - Epicurean, serving molecular gastronomy cuisine and Sindhu by Michelin-starred chef Atul Kochhar. The one informal restaurant, which proved popular on sister vessel Azura and replaced Las Ramblas, is The Glass House by wine expert Olly Smith (for-fee tapas-style restaurant).
Follows the complete list of Ventura restaurants and food bars.
- Cinnamon Restaurant (528-seat, aft Dining Room; features Your Time dining from 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Saffron Restaurant (528-seat, forward Dining Room; with fixed seating dining at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.)
- Bay Tree Restaurant (596-seat aft Dining Room; with fixed seating dining at 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.; also hosts bridge tournaments, card games, etc)
- East (138-seat Asian specialty restaurant by celebrity chef Atul Kochhar)
- The Glass House (steakhouse/seafood specialty restaurant and wine bar)
- The Beach House (324-seat buffet restaurant; serves as NYC deli for dinner 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.)
- Waterside (332-seat buffet restaurant; offers full English breakfast, lunch, Afternoon Tea, Noddy’s Tea/kids, dinner, night snacks; serves premium wines by the glass)
- Frankie’s Grill (fast food bar, complimentary pizza/ice cream bar, hotdogs, burgers)
- The White Room (182-seat Italian specialty restaurant).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
P&O company doesn't go in for huge West End-style productions. Instead, expect revue-type shows with an emphasis on the singing talents of the performer; ventriloquists, magicians and tribute acts; British comedy. In the Arena Theatre, there are two main shows nightly. Times vary in order to accommodate the set dining times. Elsewhere on the ship, the main venues for live entertainment are Havana, at the back of the ship, and The Tamarind Club - a walk-through venue on Deck 7. In both these venues guests will find bands or singers on at various times throughout the whole evening. There is usually a guest band too, depending where the vessel is based. Havana is also the nightclub onboard ms Ventura.
Follows the complete list of Ventura lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Ventura Atrium (3-decks central open floor area and social hub); Atrium Shops (Regalia - clothes, souvenirs, gifts; The Wardrobe - brand fashion, watches, bags, hats); Chic - fashion boutique; Emporium - candy shop; Eternity - jewelry, Essence - perfumes)
- Tazzine Bar (by Costa Coffee; at night transforms into a cocktail bar)
- Chapter One (book shop & library)
- Cyb@study (24-hour Internet computers room, Internet packages)
- The Exchange Pub (sports bar); Breakers Bar
- The Tamarind Lounge & Club (live music, comedy shows, cooking demonstrations, films, themed party nights)
- Metropolis Lounge; Peninsular Room (multi purpose lounge); The Red Bar
- Arena Theatre (785-seat, 2-decks, featuring grand scale productions, live performances, gameshows)
- Havana Lounge & Nightclub (live entertainment venue & disco)
- “Fortunes” Casino; Ivory Suite (vow renewal and wedding services)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Whitehall Art Gallery; The Library (with Internet computers)
- Terrace Pool (adults only area, served by Terrace Bar); Beachcomber Pool & Bar; Laguna Pool & Bar; Aqua Park with waterside
- The Retreat (adults only area)
- Oasis Spa & Health Club (Treatment Rooms, Thermal Suite, Beauty Salon)
- Gymnasium (complimentary equipment, Fitness classes; Yoga and Pilates at surcharge)
- Kids Venues (Toybox, Jumping Jacks, Tumblers Nursery, The Den); Decibels (teen disco)
- Shufflleboard; Quoits; Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, tennis); Table Tennis; Golf Nets.
Other P&O Cruises cruise ships
Ventura Itineraries 2016
The below listed Ventura cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest P&O Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Ventura Itineraries 2017
The below listed Ventura cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest P&O Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Ventura Itineraries 2018
The below listed Ventura cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest P&O Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|05 Feb||Departing from Southampton|
|09 Feb||Ponta Delgada|
|16 Feb||Pointe A Pitre|
|18 Feb||Amber Cove|
|20 Feb||Montego Bay|
|23 Feb - 24 Feb||New Orleans|
|26 Feb||Key West|
|27 Feb||Fort Lauderdale|
|28 Feb||Port Canaveral|
|01 Mar - 02 Mar||Charleston|
|08 Mar||Praia Da Vitoria|
|12 Mar||Arriving in Southampton|