Viking Aegir Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Aegir
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Viking Aegir
The Viking Aegir boat cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube rivers in Holland, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria. The ship is departing from Amsterdam, Bucharest and Budapest.
The state-of-the-art river ship Viking Aegir longship was designed as a “green ship” by the legendary architects Yran & Storbraaten, with solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden. The added benefit of hybrid engines is smoother cruising experience.
Viking Aegir river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Aegir cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Aegir river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR" are 14-days Rhine and Danube cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam. These deals feature "Rhine-Main-Danube Canal" passage (Germany), 5 countries to visit (Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Holland) and 13 complimentary land tours/excursions. On departures from Budapest, the sailing part starts in the evening on the second day, and ends in Amsterdam (with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package). Disembarkation in Budapest offers optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic).
- "PASSAGE TO EASTERN EUROPE" are 10-days Danube river cruises from Budapest to Bucharest, and the reverse from Bucharest to Budapest. These deals offer 5 countries to visit (Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania), with 7 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Budapest includes 2 nights Budapest hotel package, with optional 2 more hotel nights in Budapest or a 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic). Embarkation in Budapest includes 2-night Budapest luxury hotel package. Departures from Bucharest include 1-night Bucharest luxury hotel package, with embarkation in Giurgiu. Disembarkation in Bucharest includes 1-night Bucharest luxury hotel package, with optional 3 more days in the Danube-Black Sea region.
- "EUROPEAN SOJOURN" are 23-days Danube and Black Sea river cruises from Amsterdam to Bucharest, and the reverse from Bucharest to Amsterdam. These deals offer 9 countries to visit, with 19 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares. Disembarkation in Bucharest includes 1-night Bucharest luxury hotel package, with optional 3 more days in the Danube-Black Sea region. Disembarkation in Amsterdam offers an optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package.
Viking Aegir wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Aegir (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Aegir Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Aegir longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Aegir river cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, room service, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Aegir boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the cruise fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking line.
- Viking Aegir is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low:
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Aegir Itineraries 2017
The below listed Viking Aegir cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Viking Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|22 Mar||Departing from Budapest, Hungary|
|23 Mar||Kalocsa, Hungary|
|23 Mar||Rhine River|
|24 Mar||Vukovar, Croatia (Osijek)|
|25 Mar||Belgrade, Serbia|
|26 Mar||Iron Gate, Serbia-Romania|
|27 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Vidin, Bulgaria|
|28 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Ruse, Bulgaria (Veliko Tarnovo)|
|28 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Svishtov, Bulgaria|
|29 Mar||Arriving in Oltenita, Romania|