Viking Alruna Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Alruna
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Michelle Chimko|
Review of Viking Alruna
The Viking Alruna boat cruises on Rhine River in Germany, France and Switzerland, departing from Basel and Amsterdam.
Discover the loveliness of Germany, Switzerland and France on a 7-day Rhine River cruise on board the brand new 2016 Viking Alruna. Viking Alruna hosts just 190 guests in 95 staterooms. The Alruna ship boasts the same design elements as the other Viking Longships, featuring deluxe accommodations, streamlined Scandinavian interiors and exceptional engineering. Choose from 8 classes of staterooms with upscale amenities. Alruna Suites provide two full rooms, a private veranda and French balcony, spacious closets, hotel-style beds, and 42-inch flat TVs. Viking Longships feature public spaces all in light, with innovative details such as the Aquavit Terrace at the bow of ship suitable for al-fresco dining and Alruna Observation Lounge with its beautiful glass doors, floor-to-ceiling.
Our Viking Alruna river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Alruna cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Viking Alruna itineraries offer Rhine River cruises in Europe. The itinerary theme is "RHINE DISCOVERY". Follows the list of ports and tours along the Alruna's itinerary route:
- "RHINE GETAWAY" are 7-day cruises from Amsterdam to Basel, and the reverse from Basel to Amsterdam. The list of visited ports of call offers visiting Holland (Amsterdam, Kinderdijk), France (Strasbourg), Germany (Cologne, Koblenz/Rudesheim, Heidelberg/Speyer, Breisach) and Switzerland (Basel).
- Flights from and to UK are included in cruise fares, as well as all meals, luxury accommodation with river views; house wine, soft drinks and beer with lunch & dinner; excursions at every port; complimentary tea and coffee; in-room infotainment system (with movies on demand); complimentary WiFi and evening entertainment.
See below the list of all 2016 departure dates (as officially announced by the Viking line).
- 7-nights / 8-days Rhine cruise from Basel to Amsterdam, with ports of call: Black Forest, Breisach, Cologne, Heidelberg, Kehl, Kinderdijk (Holland), Koblenz, Mannheim, Marksburg, Rudesheim, Strasbourg (France). Departures on: March 26, April 9 and 23, May 7 and 21, June 4 and 18, July 2, 16 and 30, August 13 and 27, September 10 and 24, October 8 and 22, November 5 and 19, December 3 and 17.
- 7-nights / 8-days Rhine cruise from Amsterdam to Basel, with ports of call: Black Forest, Breisach, Cologne, Heidelberg, Kehl, Kinderdijk (Holland), Koblenz, Mannheim, Marksburg, Rudesheim, Speyer, Strasbourg (France). Departures on: March 19, April 2, 16 and 30, May 14 and 28, June 11 and 25, July 9 and 23, August 6 and 20, September 3 and 17, October 1, 15 and 29, November 12 and 26, December 10.
Viking Alruna wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 39 Balcony, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Alruna (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Alruna Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, Deck Chess, Shaffleboard). The Alruna longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa. The glass elevator connects only the Middle and Upper Deck.
- Viking Alruna cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Viking Alruna is one of the two latest generation Viking Cruises longships modified for cruising on Rhine river. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. While the Viking Alruna ship does not have pool, sauna or spa, her guests can enjoy luxury wellness facilities in all the port cities along the Alruna's Rhine river cruise itinerary.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - Veranda AA (x7, deck3), Explorer ES (x2, deck3)
- Balcony Staterooms (on deck2,3) - A, B (x39)
- French Balcony Staterooms (on deck 2,3, with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C, D (x22)
- RiverView Staterooms - E, F (x25, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.