Viking Delling Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Delling
|Year built||2014 / Age : 3|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Ayako Ward|
Review of Viking Delling
The Viking Delling boat cruises on Rhone and Saone rivers in France, departing from Lyon and Avignon. This Viking longship is named after Dellingr - in Norse mythology the god-father of the day (married to the goddess of night Nott).
Three quarters of Viking Delling cabins feature either a French balcony or a full veranda, and suites have both. On board ship you will find 95 outside staterooms (two Explorer Suites, seven Veranda Suites, thirty-nine Veranda Staterooms, twenty-two French Balcony Staterooms and twenty-five Standard Staterooms. All suites have two rooms, a veranda off their living room and French balcony in bedroom. Explorer Suites offer 270-degrees view of river and beyond.
The Viking Cruises Viking Delling longship was designed as a “green ship” by thearchitects Yran & Storbraaten, with solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden.
Our Viking Delling river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Delling cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Delling river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PORTRAITS OF SOUTHERN FRANCE" are 7-day Rhone and Saone river cruises from Avignon to Chalon, and the reverse from Lyon/Chalon to Avignon. These deals include 6 complimentary land tours/excursions in the Provence and Burgundy (France wine regions).
- Also included in Viking France river cruise fares are: bus transfers (Lyon to Chalon /embarkation, Avignon to Marseille /airport), scenic drive (Pommard-Volnay-Meursault), Beaune (cellar wine tasting), Tournon (red wines tasting), Chateauneuf-du-Pape (wine tasting).
Viking Delling wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Delling (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Delling longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Delling cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Delling boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Delling is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. The Viking ship Delling represents the line's latest Longship-class river boat design. Viking Cruises longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and an interior design by "Yran & Storbraaten" (Norway). The patented "longship" design ("Rottet Studios", USA) allows much larger passenger accommodations with full-size balconies. The additional cabin space is created by 1 m (3,3 ft) off-center shifting of the deck's corridor.
- The other Viking river cruise ships in France are the longships Buri, Forseti, Heimdal, Hermod, and also Neptune, Pride and Spirit.
- The riverboat's godmother is Mrs Ayako Ward - a renown food critic and ship cruise travel writer. She is also the wife of Douglas Ward - author of the bestselling Berlitz travel guides "Cruising & Ships" and "River Cruising in Europe"). The ship's christening ceremony was held in Amsterdam, Holland. On March 17, 2014, Delling was inaugurated together with the Viking longships Alsvin, Baldur, Bestla, Eistla, Gullveig, Ingvi, Lif and Magni.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.