Viking Eistla Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Eistla
|Year built||2014 / Age : 3|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Geraldine Ree|
Review of Viking Eistla
The Viking Eistla boat cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube in Holland, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, departing from Amsterdam, Budapest, Nurnberg and Passau. This Viking longship is named after Eistla - in Norse mythology one of the nine mothers of god Heimdallr – "the guardian of the gods".
The Viking Cruises Viking Eistla, just like the other Viking longships, was designed as a “green ship” by the Yran & Storbraaten legendary architects, with solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden.
Three quarters of Viking Eistla cabins feature either a French balcony or a full veranda, and suites have both. On board ship you will find 95 outside staterooms (two Explorer Suites, seven Veranda Suites, thirty-nine Veranda Staterooms, twenty-two French Balcony Staterooms and twenty-five Standard Staterooms. All suites have two rooms, a veranda off their living room and French balcony in bedroom. Explorer Suites offer 270-degrees view of river and beyond.
Our Viking Eistla river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Eistla cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Eistla river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR" are 14-days Rhine and Danube cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam. These deals feature "Rhine-Main-Danube Canal" passage (Germany), 5 countries to visit (Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Holland) and 13 complimentary land tours/excursions. On departures from Budapest, the sailing part starts in the evening on the second day, and ends in Amsterdam (with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package). Disembarkation in Budapest offers optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic).
- "DANUBE WALTZ" are 7-days river cruises from Budapest to Passau, and the reverse from Passau to Budapest. These deals offer 4 countries to visit and 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Passau disembarkation includes bus transfer Passau to Munich, and the optional 3-nights Prague hotel package (Czech Republic). Passau embarkation includes bus transfer from Munich to Passau.
- "LEGENDS OF THE RHINE" are 7-day river cruises from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, and the reverse from Frankfurt to Amsterdam. These deals offer 2 countries to visit (Holland and Germany) and 7 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Frankfurt offers an optional 2-night Nuremberg hotel package. Disembarkation in Holland offers two optional hotel packages - 2-night in Amsterdam and 3-night in Bruges (Belgium).
- "ROMANTIC DANUBE” are 7-days (also "Christmas Markets") river cruises from Nuremberg to Budapest, and reverse from Budapest to Nuremberg/Nurnberg. These deals offer 3 countries to visit (Austria, Germany, Hungary) and 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Nuremberg offers two optional hotel packages - 2-night in Nuremberg and 3-night in Prague (Czech Republic). On departures from Germany (Nuremberg) the sailing part starts on the second day with the Main-Danube Canal cruise (passing through the locks), and ends in Budapest (an optional 2-night Budapest hotel package).
Viking Eistla wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Eistla (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Eistla Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Eistla longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Eistla cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Eistla boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Eistla is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. The Viking ship Eistla represents the line's latest Longship-class river boat design. Viking Cruises longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and an interior design by "Yran & Storbraaten" (Norway). The patented "longship" design ("Rottet Studios", USA) allows much larger passenger accommodations with full-size balconies. The additional cabin space is created by 1 m (3,3 ft) off-center shifting of the deck's corridor.
- The Viking cruise ship Eistla was launched in 2014. It was christened by Geraldine Ree - the travel website company "Expedia - Cruises" senior VP of marketing and sales. Before that, mrs Ree was a Regional Sales Director for the Carnival brand "Princess Cruises" (Canada and Central US regions). The ship's christening ceremony was held in Amsterdam, Holland. On March 17, 2014, Eistla was inaugurated together with the Viking longships Alsvin, Baldur, Bestla, Delling, Gullveig, Ingvi, Lif and Magni.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.