Viking Embla Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Embla
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Alexandra Lobkowicz|
Review of Viking Embla
The Viking Embla boat cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube in Holland, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Serbia, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, departing from Budapest, Bucharest and Amsterdam.
Viking Embla longship offers two Explorer Suites with spectacular 270-degrees views and private wraparound verandas. The seven Veranda Suites have two full rooms, veranda off their living room and French balcony in bedroom. There are also 39 Veranda Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms and 22 French Balcony Staterooms. The Aquavit indoor-outdoor terrace is located at the bow of ship, ideal spot for relax, as well as the Sun Deck with shaded sitting area and 360-degree views. The Observation lounge and bar have floor-to-ceiling glass doors for panoramic views. Viking “green” ships feature solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden. Viking Emba carries 190 passengers who benefit from the comfortable amenities like flat-panel 40” Sony TVs and in-room refrigerators. Don't forget to try the putting green and the walking track, or have a rest in the library corner. There is also an onboard boutique, laundry service and free wireless internet service shipwide.
Our Viking Embla river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Embla cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Embla river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR" are 14-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam. These deals offer 5 countries to visit and 13 complimentary tours/excursions. On departures from Budapest, the sailing part starts in the evening on the second day, and ends in Amsterdam (with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package). Disembarkation in Budapest offers an optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic).
- "PASSAGE TO EASTERN EUROPE" are 10-days Rhine-Main-Danube river cruises from Budapest to Bucharest, and the reverse from Bucharest to Budapest. These deals offer 5 countries to visit and 7 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Hungary (Budapest) includes 2-night Budapest hotel package, with optional 2-nights in Budapest or a 3-nights in Prague (Czech Republic). Embarkation in Budapest includes 2-night Budapest luxury hotel package. Departures from Romania (Bucharest) include 1-night Bucharest luxury hotel package and embarkation in Giurgiu. Disembarkation in Bucharest includes 1-night Bucharest luxury hotel, or optional 3 more days in the Danube-Black Sea region.
- "EUROPEAN SOJOURN" are 23-days Black Sea river cruises from Amsterdam to Bucharest, and the reverse from Bucharest to Amsterdam. These deals offer 9 countries to visit and a total of 19 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Bucharest includes 1-night Bucharest luxury hotel package, with optional 3 more days in the Danube-Black Sea region. Disembarkation in Holland (Amsterdam) offers an optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package.
Viking Embla wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Embla (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Embla Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Embla longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Embla cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Embla boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Embla is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Embla Itineraries 2017
The below listed Viking Embla cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Viking Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.