Viking Fontane Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Fontane
|Year of built||1991|
|Former name||Theodor Fontane|
Review of Viking Fontane
The Viking Fontane boat cruises on Elbe River in Germany and Czech Republic, departing from Prague and Berlin.
During the $2 mill. full refurbishment, completed in 2010, Viking Cruises added eight 200 sq.feet deluxe cabins to her Theodor Fontane ship. Like her identical sister, Viking Schumann, the Viking Fontane now has eight deluxe staterooms, which feature French balconies. The rest 48 staterooms are smaller - 135 sq.feet each, and both standard and deluxe rooms provide river views. All Viking Fontane cabins have private bathrooms, telephone, television, air conditioning and also offer L'Occitane bath products. The ship offers a restaurant, bar and observation lounge with panoramic windows, sun deck with shaded sitting area and 360-degree views, stair lift, onboard boutique, laundry service, sauna and free wireless internet service shipwide.
Viking Fontane river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Fontane's Elbe cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
Viking Fontane itineraries
Viking Fontane itineraries offer Elbe River cruises in Europe. Follows the list of ports and tours along the Fontane's itinerary route:
- "ELEGANT ELBE" are 10-day cruises from Berlin to Prague, and the reverse from Prague to Berlin, with 1-night Berlin hotel (day 1), bus transfer to Potsdam and Magdeburg (day 2, embarkation).
- Day 3 - tour to Dessau, arrival in Wittenberg
- Day 4 - tour in Wittenberg, arrival in Torgau
- Day 5 - arrival in Meissen (before noon) and in Dresden (evening)
- Day 6 - tour in Dresden (overnight dock stay)
- Day 7 - Saxon Switzerland, docks in Bad Schandau.
- Day 8 - arrival in Litomerice (Czech Republic), farewell formal dinner on the boat.
- Day 9 - disembarkation in Melnik, bus transfer to Prague (included city tour and 1-night Prague hotel package), with an optional offer for 2 more hotel nights in Prague.
- Deals on departures from Czech Republic are inclusive of 1-night luxury Prague hotel package. On Day 2 is the organized city tour (Old Town guided walk), Hradcany, Prague Castle, city lunch. Follows bus transfer to the Viking Fontane boat in Melnik (embarkation, welcome aboard cocktail and dinner on the ship).
- After Magdeburg disembarkation (Day 9) follows bus travel to Potsdam (Sanssouci Palace tour, New Chambers, free time) and transfer to Berlin, with 1-night Berlin hotel package included in the fares. There is an optional package for 2 more nights in Berlin.
Viking Fontane wiki
Year built 1991 (as "Theodor Fontane")
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 112 / 30
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 1200 tons / 310 ft (95 m)
Flag State (registered in) Germany
Ship builder Dordrecht Shipbuilding (Holland)
Ship owner and Operator Viking Cruises
Christened by -
Official website link vikingrivercruises.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Viking Fontane cabinsTypes/Categories (number, location), high to low
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Fontane Itineraries 2016
The below listed Viking Fontane cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Viking Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.