Viking Heimdal Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Heimdal
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Susie Barrie|
Review of Viking Heimdal
The Viking Heimdal boat cruises on cruises on Saone and Rhone rivers in France, departing from Avignon and Chalon-sur-Saone.
Viking Cruises Heimdal ship was designed by the legendary architects Yran & Storbraaten, standing behind Seabourn Yachts. This new river cruise boat offers state-of-the-art patented design, luxury and engineering. All Viking Longships offer guests more ways for personalizing their trip. Viking Heimdal longship offers two Explorer Suites with spectacular 270-degrees views and private wraparound verandas. The seven Veranda Suites have two full rooms, veranda off their living room and French balcony in bedroom. There are also 39 Veranda Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms and 22 French Balcony Staterooms. The Observation lounge and bar have floor-to-ceiling glass doors for panoramic views. The Aquavit indoor-outdoor terrace is located at the bow of ship, ideal spot for relax, as well as the Sun Deck with shaded sitting area and 360-degree views.
Viking Heimdal river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Heimdal France cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Heimdal river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PORTRAITS OF SOUTHERN FRANCE" are 7-day Rhone and Saone river cruises from Avignon to Chalon, and the reverse from Lyon/Chalon to Avignon. These deals include 6 complimentary land tours/excursions in the Provence and Burgundy (France wine regions).
- Also included in Viking France river cruise fares are: bus transfers (Lyon to Chalon /embarkation, Avignon to Marseille /airport), scenic drive (Pommard-Volnay-Meursault), Beaune (cellar wine tasting), Tournon (red wines tasting), Chateauneuf-du-Pape (wine tasting).
Viking Heimdal wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Heimdal (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Heimdal Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Heimdal longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Heimdal cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Heimdal boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Heimdal is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort.
- The other Viking cruise ships in France are the longships Buri, Delling, Forseti, Hermod, and also Neptune, Pride and Spirit.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.