Viking Helgi Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Helgi
|Year of built||1984|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Viking Helgi
The Viking Helgi ship cruises on cruises on Volga River in Russia, departing from St Petersburg and Moscow.
Viking Helgi cruise ship
Discover the treasures of Russia on one of the best 4 ships sailing there: the Viking ship Helgi, Viking Truvor, Viking Ingvar (all refurbished in 2013); or choose the fully refurbished in 2014 Viking Akun. Each of these vessels offers 102 staterooms. The middle and upper deck staterooms feature private verandas. The accommodations meet European comfort standards and provide hotel-style beds, 26-inch flat TVs, in-room refrigerators. The beautiful public areas and restaurant facilities help make Viking Helgi the finest river cruise ship in Russia. Also benefit from the open air walk-around promenade, observation lounge, two bars with panoramic views, library and onboard boutique. There is free internet in every stateroom. Even a doctor on board!
Viking Helgi ship
|Year built Refurbished||1984 (as "Surkov") 2014||MMSI number Callsign code Flag State (registered in)||273367610 UAWG9 Russia|
|Passenger capacity Crew capacity Gross tonnage weight LOA length||210 115 5,600 tons 431 ft (131 m)||Ship builder Owner and Operator||Rosslauer Schiffswerft GmbH (Germany) Viking Cruises|
Viking Helgi cabinsTypes/Categories (number, location), high to low
Viking Helgi river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Russia cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Helgi's Volga cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
Viking Helgi itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Helgi river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "WATERWAYS OF THE TSARS" are 12-days luxury Volga river cruises from Saint Petersburg to Moscow, and the reverse from Moscow to Saint Petersburg. There are 11 complimentary land tours/excursions and no hotel packages included in the fares. Feature port activities and tours along the route are:
- St Petersburg excursions (Winter Palace, the Hermitage Museum - one of the world's largest and oldest, with a huge and unique collection of arts and antiquities, jewelries, sculptures, traditional Russian ballet performances, Pushkin district excursion, Catherine Palace - the summer residence of the Russian monarchs/"tsars"), St Petersburg bus tour, optional tour to Peterhof Palace (gardens, fountains), St Petersburg departure in early evening (on day 4)
- Neva River cruise and crossing Lake Ladoga (the largest in Europe, on day 5)
- Svir River cruise to Mandrogy (local Vodka Museum, Russian handmade souvenirs. Optional excursions in Mandrogy are themed "banya" (visiting a traditional Russian bathhouse) and "matryoshka" (traditional Russian wooden doll making)
- Cruising along the Russian “Blue Route” (225 km / 139 ml in length)
- Onega Lake cruise (the Europe's second largest)
- Kizhi (local Museum of Architecture /outdoor exposition of traditionally built Russian wooden houses, windmills, churches, most of them built without nails))
- Volga-Baltic waterways cruising (370 km / 230 ml long system of small rivers, canals and 7 locks connecting Volga River with Baltic Sea
- Kuzino (Kirillo-Belozersky Monastery, Assumption Cathedral, local museum)
- Yaroslavl (local covered market for food and handmade items)
- Moscow Canal cruise (arrival during lunch time, half-day long tour in Moscow visits Bolshoi Theater, Red Square, St Basil Cathedral, GUM Store, Metro. The second day offers full day long parks and monuments tour, with optional half-day long excursion to Tretyakov Gallery (fine art museum). Third day Moscow touring visits Kremlin and two cathedrals, with optional Kremlin Armory tour.
- Departures from St Petersburg offer optional 2-night Moscow hotel package. On departures from Moscow, the line offers optional 3-night Helsinki hotel package (Finland).