Viking Herja Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Herja
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Viking Herja
The Viking Herja boat cruises on Rhine and Moselle rivers in France, Germany, Switzerland. The ship is departing from Paris.
The state-of-the-art river ship Viking Herja longship was designed as a “green ship” by the legendary architects Yran & Storbraaten, with solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden. The added benefit of hybrid engines is smoother cruising experience.
Viking Herja river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Herja cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Herja river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PARIS TO THE SWISS ALPS" are 12-days Rhine and Moselle cruises from Paris. These deals feature Rhine and Moselle Rivers sailing, 3 countries to visit (France, Germany, Switzerland) and 10 complimentary land tours/excursions.
Viking Herja wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Herja (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Herja Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Herja longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Herja river cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, room service, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Herja boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the cruise fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking line.
- Viking Herja is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort.
- Viking Herja’s naming ceremony is expected to be a typical Viking “group christening” event including at least a pair of longships (with the other one being Viking Hild).
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low:
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.