Viking Herja Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Herja
|Year built||2016 / Age : 1|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Debbie Wiseman|
Review of Viking Herja
The Viking Herja boat cruises on Rhine and Moselle rivers in France, Germany, Switzerland. The ship is departing from Paris. This Viking longship is named after Herja - a mighty valkyrie from the Old Norse mythology. Valkyries (valkyrja, translated "chooser of the slain") are female mythological personages who choose who lives and who dies on the battle field.
The state-of-the-art river ship Viking Herja longship was designed as a “green ship” by the legendary architects Yran & Storbraaten, with solar panels, hybrid energy-efficient engines and organic herb garden. The added benefit of hybrid engines is smoother cruising experience.
Viking Herja river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Herja cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Herja river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PARIS TO THE SWISS ALPS" are 12-days Rhine and Moselle cruises from Paris. These deals feature Rhine and Moselle Rivers sailing, 4 countries to visit (France, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg) and 10 complimentary land tours/excursions.
- The 12-day long cruisetour itinerary visits 4 different countries, with included hotel stays in Paris and Zurich. The Rhine-Moselle cruises pass ancient castles, vineyards, Trier's Roman vestiges, Lorelei Rock, and the German cities Cochem, Mainz and Bernkastel, plus visiting Luxembourg City and Strasbourg.
- These tour deals are inclusive of an 8-day river cruise, two 2-night hotel stays (Le Meridien Etoile Paris, Zurich Marriott), 10 guided tours, 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners, complimentary drinks (wine, beer, soft beverages with dinner and lunch), complimentary Wi-Fi, visiting 6 UNESCO sites, port charges.
Viking Herja wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Herja (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Herja Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The Herja longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Herja river cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, room service, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Herja boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the cruise fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking line.
- Viking Herja is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. The Viking ship Herja represents the line's latest Longship-class river boat design. Viking Cruises longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and an interior design by "Yran & Storbraaten" (Norway). The patented "longship" design ("Rottet Studios", USA) allows much larger passenger accommodations with full-size balconies. The additional cabin space is created by 1 m (3,3 ft) off-center shifting of the deck's corridor.
- Traditionally for Viking River Cruises, Herja boat's naming ceremony was a "group christening" event. On March 7, 2017, was held a double-christening ceremony on which Viking Herja was officially named - together with Viking Hild. The event took place in Germany (at the confluence of Rhine and Mosel) and close to the border with France. The Herja riverboat's godmother was Mrs Debbie Wiseman (British composer / film and TV music, conductor, radio and TV presenter). The ceremonial bottle was Veuve Cliquot Champagne. The Hild riverboat's godmother was Princess Stephanie von Brenken) - wife of Prince Carl Friedrich of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg. Princess Stephanie is also CEO of the family-owned winery "Weingut Furst Lowenstein". The family’s home is also an exclusive (Privileged Access) Viking river cruise excursion for touring the family's estate and winery.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low:
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.