Viking Lif Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Lif
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Viking Lif
The Viking Lif boat cruises on Danube, Rhine and Main rivers in Holland, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Belgium, departing from Amsterdam, Bucharest, Budapest and Passau.
Viking Lif cruise ship
The longship Viking Lif offers two Explorer Suites with spectacular 270-degrees views and private wraparound verandas. The seven Veranda Suites have two full rooms, veranda off their living room and French balcony in bedroom. There are also 39 Veranda Staterooms, 25 Standard Staterooms and 22 French Balcony Staterooms.
The Aquavit indoor-outdoor terrace is located at the bow of ship. This is the ideal spot for relax, as well as the Sun Deck with shaded sitting area and 360-degree views. The Observation lounge and bar have floor-to-ceiling glass doors for panoramic views. There is also an onboard boutique, laundry service and free wireless internet service shipwide.
Viking Lif ship
|Year built||2014 (longship)||MMSI number Callsign code Flag State (registered in)||269057464 HE7464 Switzerland|
|Passenger capacity Crew capacity Gross tonnage weight LOA length||190 50 5,000 tons 444 ft (135 m)||Ship builder Owner and Operator Christened by||Neptun Werft (Germany) Viking Cruises Sarah Henshall|
Viking Lif cabinsTypes/Categories (number, location), high to low
Viking Lif river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Lif cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates). Follows the list of Viking Lif river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR" are 14-days Rhine and Danube cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam. These deals feature "Rhine-Main-Danube Canal" passage (Germany), 5 countries to visit (Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Holland) and 13 complimentary land tours/excursions. On departures from Budapest, the sailing part starts in the evening on the second day, and ends in Amsterdam (with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package). Disembarkation in Budapest offers optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic).
- "PASSAGE TO EASTERN EUROPE" are 10-days Danube river cruises from Budapest to Bucharest, and the reverse from Bucharest to Budapest. These deals offer 5 countries to visit (Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania), with 7 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Budapest includes 2 nights Budapest hotel package, with optional 2 more hotel nights in Budapest or a 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic). Embarkation in Budapest includes 2-night Budapest luxury hotel package. Departures from Bucharest include 1-night Bucharest luxury hotel package, with embarkation in Giurgiu. Disembarkation in Bucharest includes 1-night Bucharest luxury hotel package, with optional 3 more days in the Danube-Black Sea region.
- "DANUBE WALTZ” are 7-days river cruises from Budapest to Passau, and the reverse from Passau to Budapest. These deals offer 4 countries to visit (Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary) and 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Passau disembarkation includes a bus transfer from Passau to Munich, with optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic). Passau embarkation includes bus transfer Munich to Passau.
- "EUROPEAN SOJOURN" are 23-days Danube and Black Sea river cruises from Amsterdam to Bucharest, and the reverse from Bucharest to Amsterdam. These deals offer 9 countries to visit, with 19 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares. Disembarkation in Bucharest includes 1-night Bucharest luxury hotel package, with optional 3 more days in the Danube-Black Sea region. Disembarkation in Amsterdam offers an optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package.
- "TULIPS and WINDMILLS" are 9-days Springtime themed Belgium and Holland river cruises from Amsterdam (round-trip), with 8 complimentary land tours/excursions. On departures from Amsterdam, the sailing part starts on the second day. The itinerary features an Amsterdam canal cruise on a glass-domed boat and evening departure (on Day 2), cruising on lake IJsselmeer/Zuiderzee, visiting the Paleis Het Loo gardens (from Arnhem), Kinderdijk (windmills network), Antwerp (on river Scheldt in Belgium), Ghent (bus transfer to Bruges), bus travel in the Walcheren region (southwest Holland, stopping in Veere), Holland Delta Works cruise (Dutch system of numerous dams, locks, dykes, storm barriers, all protecting the Holland's Rhine-Meuse-Scheldt area from flooding; embarkation again in Bruinisse /Zeeland), Rotterdam (bus travel to Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse - world's 2nd largest floral garden after the Dubai's Miracle Garden), Amsterdam overnight dock.
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Lif Itineraries 2017
The below listed Viking Lif cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Viking Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|22 Mar||Departing from Budapest, Hungary|
|23 Mar||Kalocsa, Hungary|
|23 Mar||Rhine River|
|24 Mar||Vukovar, Croatia (Osijek)|
|25 Mar||Belgrade, Serbia|
|26 Mar||Iron Gate, Serbia-Romania|
|27 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Vidin, Bulgaria|
|28 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Ruse, Bulgaria (Veliko Tarnovo)|
|28 Mar 01:00 - 01:00||Svishtov, Bulgaria|
|29 Mar||Arriving in Oltenita, Romania|
|26 Oct||Departing from Oltenita, Romania|
|27 Oct||Ruse, Bulgaria (Veliko Tarnovo)|
|27 Oct||Svishtov, Bulgaria|
|28 Oct||Vidin, Bulgaria|
|29 Oct||Iron Gate, Serbia-Romania|
|29 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Belgrade, Serbia|
|30 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Vukovar, Croatia (Osijek)|
|31 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Rhine River|
|31 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Kalocsa, Hungary|
|01 Nov||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary|