Viking Lofn Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Lofn
|Year built||2015 / Age : 2|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Karoline Landa|
Review of Viking Lofn
The Viking Lofn boat cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers in the Netherlands, Switzerland, Hungary, Austria, Germany, France, Slovakia and Czech Republic. This Viking longship is named after Lofn - in Norse mythology the goddess of marriages. Love-inspiring, she is bestowed by Odin with the power to melt the hearts of humans and join them in wedlock.
Join the 2015 Viking Lofn Grand European Tour for 15 pleasant days along the Main, Danube and Rhine Rivers. You'll be able to see Holland’s windmills and tulip fields as well as Germany’s fairytale castles and the vineyards of Wachau Valley in Austria. Another chance gives the Rhine Getaway itinerary - an 8-day sailing through four countries, experiencing the lavish landscape of Black Forest region and Holland’s windmills and waterworks, as well as the nightlife of Rüdesheim’s Drosselgasse.
Lofn is a Norse goddess who is so gracious that gods' mightiest melts to her will. Odin, the chief god, even gives permission for arranging marriages. Viking Lofn hosts 190 guests in 95 staterooms. The Lofn ship boasts the same design elements as the other Viking Longships, featuring deluxe accommodations, streamlined Scandinavian interiors and exceptional engineering. Viking Longships have new features including the revolutionary all-weather Aquavit Terrace bringing the outdoor scenery indoors, allowing passengers to enjoy the river views and al fresco dining. The Longships have two Explorer Suites which are the largest in Europe as well as seven Veranda Suites (two-room) with a veranda and a French balcony. The 39 Veranda Staterooms feature full-size balconies and there are also 22 French Balcony Staterooms. All Viking Longships, including Viking Lofn boast organic herb gardens and onboard solar panels. Their hybrid engines are energy-efficient and reduce vibrations for a smooth ride.
Viking Lofn river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Europe cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Lofn cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Lofn river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "GRAND EUROPEAN TOUR" are 14-days Rhine and Danube cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest, and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam. These deals feature "Rhine-Main-Danube Canal" passage (Germany), 5 countries to visit (Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Holland) and 13 complimentary land tours/excursions. On departures from Budapest, the sailing part starts in the evening on the second day, and ends in Amsterdam (with optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package). Disembarkation in Budapest offers optional 3-night Prague hotel package (Czech Republic).
- "RHINE GETAWAY" are 7-days (also themed "German Christmas Markets") river cruises from Amsterdam to Basel, and the reverse from Basel to Amsterdam. These deals offer 4 countries to visit (Holland, Germany, France, Switzerland) with 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. Disembarkation in Holland offers an optional 2-night Amsterdam hotel package. Disembarkation in Switzerland (Basel offers an optional 2-night Lucerne hotel package (on Lake Lucerne in the Swiss Alps).
Viking Lofn wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Lofn (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation, Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Sky Bar, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, shaffleboard). The longship doesn’t have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa.
- Viking Lofn cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Lofn boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
- Viking Lofn is one of the latest generation Viking Cruises longships. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort. The Viking ship Lofn represents the line's latest Longship-class river boat design. Viking Cruises longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and an interior design by "Yran & Storbraaten" (Norway). The patented "longship" design ("Rottet Studios", USA) allows much larger passenger accommodations with full-size balconies. The additional cabin space is created by 1 m (3,3 ft) off-center shifting of the deck's corridor.
- The riverboat’s godmother is Mrs Karoline Landa - one of the line's long-serving employees (a Controller & Hotel Manager). The list of other Viking Cruises longships launched in 2015 includes Astrild, Beyla, Eir, Gefjon, Mani, Mimir, Modi, Skirnir, Ve, Vidar and Vili.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - ES (x2, deck3), AA (x7, deck 3)
- Balcony Staterooms - A (x20, deck3), B (x17, deck2)
- French Balcony Staterooms (with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C (x5, deck3), D (x15, deck2)
- RiverView Staterooms - E (x18, deck1), F (x7, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.