Viking Orient Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Orient
|Owner||Pandaw River Expeditions|
|Length (LOA)||55 m / 180 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||900 gt|
|Passengers||30 - 60|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of Viking Orient
The Viking Orient boat cruises on Irrawaddy River in Thailand and Myanmar (Burma), departing from Bangkok.
Viking Orient is a handcrafted Viking Cruises river ship, designed to navigate the Irrawaddy River. Last refurbished in 2014, the Orient river ship can accommodate up to 60 guests. It offers magnificent river views from every stateroom due to the large windows and deck space. The atmosphere on board is extraordinarily friendly with English-speaking crew.
Viking Orient features 30 comfortable outside staterooms, as the middle and upper deck staterooms have large windows that can open. All staterooms pamper with hotel-style beds and optional twin-bed configuration, air conditioning, private bathroom with shower, hair dryer, safe and bottled water, daily replenished. The Sun deck features shaded sitting area. Have lunch or dinner in the restaurant while watching the panoramic views, or rest in the bar with a glass of wine. A little boutique and a library are also available on board.
Viking Orient river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises Asia cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Orient's Irrawaddy cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Orient river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "MEMORIES OF MANDALAY" are 15-days Burma river cruises from Thailand (Bangkok round-trip). The line's currently operated itinerary route is "Bangkok-Mandalay-Yangon/Rangoon", with 14 complimentary land tours/excursions included in the fares. These deals are also inclusive of Hotel Shangri-La Bangkok (or to a similar class luxury hotel in Bangkok, 2-night package), flight from Thailand to Burma (Bangkok-Mandalay, for embarkation, next day full-day long Mandalay tou, stops at Ava and Amarapura (both former capital cities, with small boat cruise on lake Taungthaman), cruising in the Bagan region (ancient capital of Burma /historical monuments, temples), Tan-Chi-Taung Mountain excursion, Sale (group of monasteries), Mya-Tha-Lun Pagoda (made of gold bricks), Magway (cycle trishaw tour), Minhla Fort, Thayetmyo excursion (frontier post on the border between Royal and British Myanmar), Yangon/Rangoon (disembarkation, scenic countryside ride, 2-night luxury hotel package), fight from Yangon to Bangkok (1-night hotel package in Shangri-La or similar class luxury hotel in Bangkok). Optional is the 2-night Bangkok hotel package.
- The alternative itinerary route starts with Bangkok (departures), two flight transfers (first to Yangon, second to Mandalay /embarkation). Next is the Irrawaddy river cruise in Myanmar (Mandalay to Pyay), bus transfer to Yangon, flight to Bangkok.
Viking Orient wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 3
- Total number of cabins: 30 (of which 11 Suite, 24 Balcony, 2 French Balconies, 16 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Orient (dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Library, Shop, Sun Deck Lounge (outdoor, for shows and observation, has a bar and a shaded seating area).
- Viking Orient cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all Thailand and Myanmar tours and excursions, Burma-Thailand flight- and motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers and food tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Note: To/from Viking Orient boat transfers and airport meet&greet services in Burma and Thailand are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking Cruises line.
- Viking Orient is the second of two recently refitted and refurbished Viking Cruises Myanmar ships cruising on river Irrawaddy. The other vessel is Viking Mandalay (operating the same route). The other Viking ship in Southeast Asia is Viking Mekong (sailing in Vietnam and Cambodia).
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with similar itineraries on Irrawaddy cruises in Burma are offered by AmaWaterways (AmaPura), Avalon Waterways (Myanmar), Scenic (Aura) and the Viking ship Mandalay.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites and Balcony rooms - none
- RiverView Staterooms (1 window and a door opening to a promenade deck) - Standard (10x A/deck3, 10x B/deck3, 10x Cdeck2). Passenger cabins size is 170 ft2 (16 m2).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.