Viking Rolf Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Rolf
|Year built||2016 / Age : 1|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||95 - 190|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Lisa Anciaux|
Review of Viking Rolf
Longship Viking Rolf cruises on cruises on Seine River, departing from Paris France. This Viking longship is named after the Viking chieftain Rolf (“Rolf the Ganger” or “Rollo”). In 911 he sailed down the Seine to surround Paris, but was defeated by King Charles. Rolf accepted the offer to protect the region from viking attacks, and was granted land in Normandy, becoming First Duke of the region.
Viking Rolf is among the newest longships in Viking River Cruises fleet. The riverboat features innovative corridor configuration (patented design), modern engineering and technologies, signature Scandinavian-themed decor, premium stateroom amenities, itinerary-based and expert-led enrichment program, themed onboard entertainment, efficiency of public spaces, the signature lounge Aquavit Terrace and numerous cabins with step-out balconies. Each of the Viking's longship-class riverboats also has two of the European river cruising industry's largest suites.
Longship Rolf hosts just 190 guests in 95 staterooms. The Rolf ship boasts the same design elements as the other Viking Longships, featuring deluxe accommodations, streamlined Scandinavian interiors and exceptional engineering. Choose from 8 classes of staterooms with upscale amenities. Rolf Suites provide two full rooms, a private veranda and French balcony, spacious closets, hotel-style beds, and 42-inch flat TVs. Viking Longships feature public spaces all in light, with innovative details such as the Aquavit Terrace at the bow of ship suitable for al-fresco dining and Rolf Observation Lounge with its beautiful glass doors, floor-to-ceiling.
Viking Rolf river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Rolf's Seine cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Viking Rolf itineraries offer Seine River cruises from Paris, France. The itinerary themes with the list of visited ports and tours along the Rolf's itinerary routes, are as follows:
- "PARIS & THE HEART OF NORMANDY" are 8-day Seine cruises round-trip from Paris. The list of visited ports of call includes Giverny, Vernon, Rouen, Les Andleys, Conflans and the Normandy Beaches region. All itineraries are 7-night long, with round-trip departures from Paris, France.
- All meals are included in cruise fares, as well as luxury accommodation with river views; house wine, soft drinks and beer with lunch & dinner; excursions at every port; complimentary tea and coffee; in-room infotainment system (with movies on demand); complimentary WiFi and evening entertainment.
Viking Rolf wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 8
- Total number of cabins: 95 (of which 9 Suite, 39 Balcony, 22 French Balconies, 25 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants: Rolf (dining room), Aquavit Terrace (al fresco).
- Lounges & Bars: Observation,Atrium (lobby), Library (Internet), Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded relaxation area, Herbal Garden, putting green, walking track, Deck Chess, Shaffleboard). The Rolf longship doesn't have gym room, pool, jacuzzi, spa. The glass elevator connects only the Middle and Upper Deck.
- Viking Rolf cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
- Viking Rolf is one of the two latest generation Viking Cruises longships modified for cruising on Seine river. This is a new (patented) Viking river cruise boat design allowing bigger accommodations without the need to shrink public areas size and to compromise the vessel's general comfort.
- The Viking ship Rolf represents the line's latest Longship-class river boat design. Viking Cruises longships feature energy-efficient hybrid engine technology, solar panels and an interior design by "Yran & Storbraaten" (Norway). The patented "longship" design ("Rottet Studios", USA) allows much larger passenger accommodations with full-size balconies. The additional cabin space is created by 1 m (3,3 ft) off-center shifting of the deck's corridor. Viking Rolf features Suite accommodations with 2 separate rooms - a bedroom with French balcony and a living room with balcony. All cabins have max capacity of 2 passengers per cabin. 75% of the staterooms have a balcony. Cabin categories are 8.
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with itineraries on Seine river from Paris France are offered by AmaWaterways (AmaLegro), Avalon Waterways (Creativity, Tapestry 2), Uniworld (Baroness), Scenic (Gem) and the Viking ships Kadlin, Neptune, Pride, Rinda, Spirit.
- The riverboat’s godmother is Mrs Lisa Anciaux (AAA Washington / travel products director). The ship's naming ceremony was held in Amsterdam on March 1, 2016. Traditionally for Viking River Cruises, this was another "group christening" for 6 longships. Rolf was christened together with her sister ships Alruna, Egil, Kadlin, Tialfi and Vilhjalm.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - Veranda AA (x7, deck3), Explorer ES (x2, deck3)
- Balcony Staterooms (on deck2,3) - A, B (x39)
- French Balcony Staterooms (on deck 2,3, with floor to ceiling door-windows) - C, D (x22)
- RiverView Staterooms - E, F (x25, deck1).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Viking Cruises cruise ships
Viking Rolf Itineraries 2017
The below listed Viking Rolf cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Viking Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
05 November 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Paris & the Heart of Normandy
|05 Nov||Departing from Paris, France|
|07 Nov||Paris, France|
|08 Nov||Giverny, France|
|08 Nov||Vernon, France|
|09 Nov||Rouen, France|
|10 Nov||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|11 Nov||Les Andelys, France|
|11 Nov||Seine River|
|11 Nov||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|12 Nov||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|12 Nov||Paris, France|
|13 Nov||Arriving in Paris, France|
12 November 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Paris & the Heart of Normandy
|12 Nov||Departing from Paris, France|
|14 Nov||Paris, France|
|15 Nov||Giverny, France|
|15 Nov||Vernon, France|
|16 Nov||Rouen, France|
|17 Nov||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|18 Nov||Les Andelys, France|
|18 Nov||Seine River|
|18 Nov||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|19 Nov||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|19 Nov||Paris, France|
|20 Nov||Arriving in Paris, France|
19 November 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Paris & the Heart of Normandy
|19 Nov||Departing from Paris, France|
|21 Nov||Paris, France|
|22 Nov||Giverny, France|
|22 Nov||Vernon, France|
|23 Nov||Rouen, France|
|24 Nov||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|25 Nov||Les Andelys, France|
|25 Nov||Seine River|
|25 Nov||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|26 Nov||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|26 Nov||Paris, France|
|27 Nov||Arriving in Paris, France|
26 November 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Paris & the Heart of Normandy
|26 Nov||Departing from Paris, France|
|28 Nov||Paris, France|
|29 Nov||Giverny, France|
|29 Nov||Vernon, France|
|30 Nov||Rouen, France|
|01 Dec||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|02 Dec||Les Andelys, France|
|02 Dec||Seine River|
|02 Dec||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|03 Dec||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|03 Dec||Paris, France|
|04 Dec||Arriving in Paris, France|
03 December 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Paris & the Heart of Normandy
|03 Dec||Departing from Paris, France|
|05 Dec||Paris, France|
|06 Dec||Giverny, France|
|06 Dec||Vernon, France|
|07 Dec||Rouen, France|
|08 Dec||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|09 Dec||Les Andelys, France|
|09 Dec||Seine River|
|09 Dec||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|10 Dec||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|10 Dec||Paris, France|
|11 Dec||Arriving in Paris, France|
10 December 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Paris & the Heart of Normandy
|10 Dec||Departing from Paris, France|
|12 Dec||Paris, France|
|13 Dec||Giverny, France|
|13 Dec||Vernon, France|
|14 Dec||Rouen, France|
|15 Dec||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|16 Dec||Les Andelys, France|
|16 Dec||Seine River|
|16 Dec||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|17 Dec||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|17 Dec||Paris, France|
|18 Dec||Arriving in Paris, France|
17 December 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Paris & the Heart of Normandy
|17 Dec||Departing from Paris, France|
|19 Dec||Paris, France|
|20 Dec||Giverny, France|
|20 Dec||Vernon, France|
|21 Dec||Rouen, France|
|22 Dec||Rives-en-Seine, Caudebec-en-Caux, France|
|23 Dec||Les Andelys, France|
|23 Dec||Seine River|
|23 Dec||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|24 Dec||Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, France|
|24 Dec||Paris, France|
|25 Dec||Arriving in Paris, France|